Anyone Feel Guilty For Splurging Right Now

Guilty, no. You should feel stupid for not spending your money wisely during these times though. A friend in postal services told me people are buying stupid things in mass, ten times more then even the holidays. These may be people who are off work and lounging around now.

Idiots.

Wait till mortgage deferrals and government payments end and they have money to pay back and taxes get raised. People just don't fucking think. That's why a huge chunk of people are in heavy debt.

Damage to the economy will/may eventually become a supply crisis.
How so? People want tp . They are manufacturing it. The shipping industry is moving it to the stores which are all open.
What an I missing?

Eating real food is part of staying healthy during something like this. I'm crushing fresh fruit and veggies and meat. Keep your immune system strong, drink lots of water, avoid sugar and junk food.

It's been a couple of weeks. People who are already living on spam made some poor decisions long before covid came along.

What about young students who graduated with debt and lost their jobs because corona?

How so? People want tp . They are manufacturing it. The shipping industry is moving it to the stores which are all open.
What an I missing?

Information on that in relation to instances like the great depression are readily available via a Google search.

I'm not an economist, but I'm pretty sure if people aren't making money, they arent spending it. If they aren't spending it, the producer or manufactures don't stay in business. Talking medium to long term.

I'm not hurting for money but we cleaning the house outta food b4 going back to the store. For that reason I'm eating both really good at times and then really bad other times. I had campbells soup for lunch the other day then ribs, potatoes and broccoli for dinner.

I feel more guilty browsing Craigslist everyday looking for desperate people selling off their toys(motorcycles, 4 wheelers, side by sides). Some deals to be had.

I don't get why people are still panic buying things. The virus has been around months, we have seen what it does. What is the need in panic buying anything now?

Just enjoy your steak, you earned it

It comes though us before it gets to the Post Office. We ship it across country and then hand it over to USPS off the last mile.

Really? I didn't realize that. Well, kudos to you guys then.
I was a Teamster for about five years back when I was a bus driver.
How do you feel about being an essential worker during the pandemic? Are you glad to be working or would you rather be at home?

Once this is over the price on everything is gonna drop. Places will be desperate for business

Really? I didn't realize that. Well, kudos to you guys then.
I was a Teamster for about five years back when I was a bus driver.
How do you feel about being an essential worker during the pandemic? Are you glad to be working or would you rather be at home?

Glad to have a job and to feel needed but I worry about getting sick from Co workers and bringing it home to my family. I do what I can and wash my hands and leave my boots in the carage. Management is being completely dumbass about the whole thing and just doing whatever they can about keeping us in the dark about any coworkers getting sick. They don't want to have to shut down for a min to clean shit. They are just now handing us cleaning wipes and gloves but the have NO Plan for if someone comes to sick and works all day. It's makes me wish I could just stay home and not have to worry bout it.

Bought me some steaks for dinner and kinda felt bad cause people out their eating spam and shit and trying to save money. I was at the store watching people buy cases of Ramon noodles and I over here buying expensive cut of meat cause I can. Part of me was ashamed.

What about yaw.

Spam is over $4/lb.

Glad to have a job and to feel needed but I worry about getting sick from Co workers and bringing it home to my family. I do what I can and wash my hands and leave my boots in the carage. Management is being completely dumbass about the whole thing and just doing whatever they can about keeping us in the dark about any coworkers getting sick. They don't want to have to shut down for a min to clean shit. They are just now handing us cleaning wipes and gloves but the have NO Plan for if someone comes to sick and works all day. It's makes me wish I could just stay home and not have to worry bout it.

Yeah, I can totally understand that.
Well, thank you for doing your part in keeping the e-commerce industry going during this mess. Without you, it all comes to a screeching halt & I appreciate that.
Peace, man. You & yours take care & stay healthy.

Spend your dollars before China replaces you as holder of the world currency, your economy implodes and they're worth nothing imo.

Back before my company sent us home one of my bosses gathered all of us in a meeting about their covid response and started off her speech with "Look, to start you should know I don't even believe in antibiotics." Like she wanted to set up she didn't believe in science-based medicine right off the start so we knew how uninformed the response would be.

Bought me some steaks for dinner and kinda felt bad cause people out their eating spam and shit and trying to save money. I was at the store watching people buy cases of Ramon noodles and I over here buying expensive cut of meat cause I can. Part of me was ashamed.

What about yaw.
4BcVVH.gif

Reminds me of the college kid who told me he's ashamed to be white and that he apologizes for white privlege

I feel more guilty browsing Craigslist everyday looking for desperate people selling off their toys(motorcycles, 4 wheelers, side by sides). Some deals to be had.

I've looked for deals too but people around here ask almost as much as the same things cost new.

Spend your dollars before China replaces you as holder of the world currency, your economy implodes and they're worth nothing imo.

nothing like battle for survival to feel alive

Information on that in relation to instances like the great depression are readily available via a Google search.

I'm not an economist, but I'm pretty sure if people aren't making money, they arent spending it. If they aren't spending it, the producer or manufactures don't stay in business. Talking medium to long term.
I see what you mean but I still think if people want something there's money to be made . And if there's money to be made it will get produced.

Not really, but I am concerned by those around me who are getting hit hard by this and want to do something about it. Been getting a little more takeout than usual lately to support local businesses. Went to a coffee shop recently where I never tip and gave $2 on a $12 bill. Everytime I go to the store I am donating to their relief fund.

I figure I'm doing my part to reduce the economic impact and hopefully just helping someone. In the end our whole economy is interconnected so people who are doing bad are not just in a vaccum. Their problems impact the overall society. And hopefully I will get a few karma points outta this.

What about yaw.
where do you live? I haven't been able to find spam or ramon noodles anywhere I had to settle on kipper snacks and unsalted saltine crackers.

Back