Aside from prime andy, does any mw beat izzy?

He was like 43. But people don’t seem to take “prime” in context.

Its like they say “DC beat him up so how can anyone say Hendo was an all time great?”

But Hendo is 100% an all time great. No doubt.
Yeah I don’t really buy that. He was on a huge slide. He’d gone 1-3 in his last four before fighting DC. I think the beginning of that run was probably when he went from the dan Henderson we all love to not quite being the same guy in terms of talent level. I do believe Silva got a shot at Dan while he was still relatively close to his prime. I understand Henderson didn’t have the cleanest record ever, but he was a guy like a chuck Liddell, where he has all the tools to make any fight a scrap, and you’re probably getting a tough fight.

wouldn't even favor prime silva over israel, israel is a better striker and silva isn't going to grapple.

Yeah I don’t really buy that. He was on a huge slide. He’d gone 1-3 in his last four before fighting DC. I think the beginning of that run was probably when he went from the dan Henderson we all love to not quite being the same guy in terms of talent level. I do believe Silva got a shot at Dan while he was still relatively close to his prime. I understand Henderson didn’t have the cleanest record ever, but he was a guy like a chuck Liddell, where he has all the tools to make any fight a scrap, and you’re probably getting a tough fight.
I truly think prime Hendo would have destroyed Liddell they way he did to Pride Wand and the first fight vs Vitor.

Hendo was inconsistent but on any given night could beat anybody 185 and up(back in his prime).

I truly think prime Hendo would have destroyed Liddell they way he did to Pride Wand and the first fight vs Vitor.

Hendo was inconsistent but on any given night could beat anybody 185 and up.
Yeah, you could be right about that. That’s probably one of the biggest “what if’s”. Hendo vs Chuck. Shit man. That could have been something special

Yeah, you could be right about that. That’s probably one of the biggest “what if’s”. Hendo vs Chuck. Shit man. That could have been something special
Hendo was Randy with way more power and a better chin. Liddell is lucky that fight did not take place.

prime anderson would lose to USADA
you think adesanya would be the same fighter if he could take mystery vials from thailand or TRT??
let's keep the comparisons fair

that being said, TRTitor would destroy adesanya

As of right now, he has the highest TDD in the history of the middleweight division

View attachment 761792
That's strange, apparently Adesanya isn't that good, because in the eyes of quite some people in this thread Adesanya gets obliterated by fighters who got beaten by lesser strikers...

Hendo was Randy with way more power and a better chin. Liddell is lucky that fight did not take place.
Probably. Maybe I’m just a Liddell fanboy, but I mean, dude wrote the textbook on sprawl and brawl. And he hit hard as hell. I mean, imo it’s a lot harder to predict fights in pride than it is in the UFC. Because in pride there was so much power. If anyone landed a full on shot it could easily be lights out. Guys like wand, rampage, hendo, Chuck, they all had that power that just bodies people. It’s kind of like trying to predict the HW fights with guys like ngannou in there. You can make guesses, but there’s always a chance someone gets railroaded. That’s just my opinion. I’d tend to agree that hendo would be the likely winner

Prime Matt Hughes takes him down like they were behind the barn and pounds him out.

Possible people list:

- Paulo Costa
-Chanel sonnen (Anderson version)
- TRT Vitor
-champ Chris Weidman
-Prime Yoel
-Gerard mousasi

Probably. Maybe I’m just a Liddell fanboy, but I mean, dude wrote the textbook on sprawl and brawl. And he hit hard as hell. I mean, imo it’s a lot harder to predict fights in pride than it is in the UFC. Because in pride there was so much power. If anyone landed a full on shot it could easily be lights out. Guys like wand, rampage, hendo, Chuck, they all had that power that just bodies people. It’s kind of like trying to predict the HW fights with guys like ngannou in there. You can make guesses, but there’s always a chance someone gets railroaded. That’s just my opinion. I’d tend to agree that hendo would be the likely winner
I met Hendo a few months before he flattened Bisping and he was as cool as he appears.

Him and Fedor did not disappoint in person.

Also I thought Israel lost his last fight. But I guess it doesn’t matter since he still has the title.... lol. But point is Israel is far from unstoppable.

Back