Aug. 29th PPV Jake Paul vs Tyron Woodley Showtime Boxing

Winner?

• Total voters
I think Jake might go after Julio César Chávez Jr next. I’m not positive but he does like to pick washed welterweights and middleweight mma fighters with good ground game and horrible striking.

I hope somehow Woodley knocks Jake Paul the fuck out and stands over him Ali style. Let’s go. Excited for this one.

Surely Woodley will pull this out, he’s Passy but not that far past it, much better striker than Askren as well

Another old past prime gun shy wrestler.

This is such a weird fucking loophole.

Jake Paul is making good money by selling the image that he is a “boxer” without having to actually beat any boxers and MMA fighters can grab a solid payday to pad their retirement accounts likely making more* than they did for their MMA fights.

(*So long as he continues to fight guys that didn’t draw big PPV numbers as headliners)

I suspect that any fans that follow either sport will see thru this and recognize it for the sham that it is, but with Jake Paul being a famous “YouTuber” he may be able to continue generating decent revenue by getting casuals to buy based on his childish clown behavior and the coverage he gets in MMA and Boxing media since they also know they can get in on the cash grab because covering this clown show will get them clicks and views.
Gotta admit tho, for a guy that was boxing Deji when Tyron was bludgeoning Till, it is impressive that Jake is not only boxing Woodley but is also the favorite. I do not think anyone would have believed you if you said that Jake Paul would be in this position back three years ago. Tyron may be 0-4, but those were against the best of the best, and he nearly KO'd Luque in his last out. I really did not think Jake would take this fight this soon.

Jake, like Conor, is going to make his haters as happy as his fans as he is about that law of attraction life, to the verge of delusion, and will keep going up and out until he catches a whooping. After KO'ing non boxers, and his giant brother lasting with old midget May, he really thinks he can beat Canelo and will eventually bite off more than he can chew.

I'm going to pick Woodley but not feeling confident about it
I feel you on this. I see this only going three ways:

1. Woodley gets smoked early and this Jake Paul nightmare continues until his delusion gets him KO'd by a real boxer.
2. T Wood is super cautious and the fight is boring AF
3. Woodley reveals what we have been expecting and that the emperor has no clothes.

Paul has legit only been boxing for three years but he SHOULD have destroyed Nate Robinson and Askren, as they had 0 years compared to his three years boxing. Woodley is the first person that he has ever fought that has been boxing longer, is more physically gifted, and should not win on paper. Jake Paul has that "it" thing going now, the momentum, while T-Wood is definitely on the outs and momentum can often overcome paper. Paulie should have beat GOAT, but the GOAT had the momentum.

Baranchyk vs Love is going to be good, and Serrano might catch a body on her record.

Gotta admit tho, for a guy that was boxing Deji when Tyron was bludgeoning Till, it is impressive that Jake is not only boxing Woodley but is also the favorite. I do not think anyone would have believed you if you said that Jake Paul would be in this position back three years ago. Tyron may be 0-4, but those were against the best of the best, and he nearly KO'd Luque in his last out. I really did not think Jake would take this fight this soon.

Jake, like Conor, is going to make his haters as happy as his fans as he is about that law of attraction life, to the verge of delusion, and will keep going up and out until he catches a whooping. After KO'ing non boxers, and his giant brother lasting with old midget May, he really thinks he can beat Canelo and will eventually bite off more than he can chew.
And it will be fun when that happens and to his credit Jake Paul will be a very wealthy man by then.

I don't think it happens this weekend though. He has a LOT of size of Woodley. And like I said, Woodley is past his "best by" date.

Jake Paul implied today that he will be fighting Tommy Fury next, who is Tyson Fury's brother and is 6-0 as a pro, and weighs around 180lbs or so for his fights. That will be interesting and IF it happens will be the first proper boxer he fights.

Was that J'leon Love looking like he's preparing to fight Arreola?

Only way Woodley loses this is if this is fixed(and very easily could be, either bribed by Jake or just lets all his homies bet on his loss - either way we know Tyron Woodley is financially not doing well and this is his last chance of earning money through fighting on the big stage). Very idiotic to think Woodley will come with his MMA-stance where he just relies on the overhand right and will not put out any volume.

Sparring and training footage is all you need, Woodley all around better in literally every aspect, on top of that both of them have a crap gas tank. If Woodley doesn't put Jake's lights out in 3 rounds then it'll just be a complete slobfest to a decision where Woodley will take a easy decision. Woodley decision at 17.00 odds as well, gave it a stab.

Last edited:
Only way Woodley loses this is if this is fixed(and very easily could be, either bribed by Jake or just lets all his homies bet on his loss - either way we know Tyron Woodley is financially not doing well and this is his last chance of earning money through fighting on the big stage). Very idiotic to think Woodley will come with his MMA-stance where he just relies on the overhand right and will not put out any volume.

Sparring and training footage is all you need, Woodley all around better in literally every aspect, on top of that both of them have a crap gas tank. If Woodley doesn't put Jake's lights out in 3 rounds then it'll just be a complete slobfest to a decision where Woodley will take a easy decision. Woodley decision at 17.00 odds as well, gave it a stab.
Paul will KO 39 year old Woodley

Luke Thomas use to say nothing but disparaging remarks about the Paul brothers, then they signed with Showtime & now Luke can't get their dicks out of his mouth.

Reminds me of how he went off on the UFC in May for having fans (Nazis are killing grandma etc etc), but then the next week Bellator announced they would be having fans & he said not 1 word of criticism.

The guy is everything he claims to hate

Back