Bellator 198 - Fedor vs Mir - Rosemont Illinois

imo, all the 40 pound weight loss proves is that mir is not coming for a paycheck. i think whoever lands first is going to win this fight. both have very bad punch resistance at this point

100% agree

-170 for u1.5 seems like a good value. Is that the general consensus here?

-170 for u1.5 seems like a good value. Is that the general consensus here?

I am pretty big on it but got it at -145. I still think -170 has value. I cap around -200ish.

Yeah me to. I'm passing on this fight or some serious line movement needs to happen in the next couple hours. I hate betting on these old dudes in Bellator, last time it cost me when I bet Rampage against Sonnen. I'm also not so sure of the under 1.5 so I'm just going to enjoy the show and not mind the outcome, can be nice for a change.

let's jus agree to never mention rampage-sonnen in these threads ever again...

imo, all the 40 pound weight loss proves is that mir is not coming for a paycheck. i think whoever lands first is going to win this fight. both have very bad punch resistance at this point

also that he's definitely juicing which is a pro too.

Mir shortening a little, money trickling in on him

When you think about how small of a hw Fedor is, it's amazing how he was able to beat down so many guys who were much bigger than him. I think his ability to do that has waned over the years and it's why I favor Mir, who also has a big grappling edge. Mir could ostensibly put Fedor on his back like he did to Big Country and sub or beat him up there like Bigfoot was able to do as well.

Fedor still has speed and power in his hands but at this point Mir is more proven against better comp RECENTLY and he looks in shape, and he's the much bigger man which, as I mentioned, might actually play a role here considering Fedor isn't the same guy as he was back in the day. Those pride days where he was dominating much bigger men b/c of his athleticism and the fact that he was just better than everybody back then. I think the more he's aged the less he's been able to overcome this size disparity and it could show here. That said he almost ko'd Meathead last time out who is a lot bigger than him but if that was 10 years ago Meathead would've been the unconscious one at the end of that fight.

I have 2u Mir -140'ish and a smaller .6 or so unit bet on the under as a quasi hedge. I'm definitely gambling here, I know it but I feel like Mir is the right side, even as a slight favorite and I've been pretty steadfast about it for months now. I gotta put my money where my mouth is b/c that's what men do. I do know that having over 2.5u altogether on this fight is stupid but I'm in "hold my beer while I over bet this shitfest" mode. The most best and worst mode ever.

Do you think Chael could rather beat Fedor or Mir?

Edit: I got 1.5u on Fedor, not very confident in it but I will let it ride

Do you think Chael could rather beat Fedor or Mir?

Edit: I got 1.5u on Fedor, not very confident in it but I will let it ride

Both are bad matchups imo but Chael would rather face Fedor.

Chael has no power so standing he's screwed as both Mir and Fedor better strikers with more power. Chael's only chance is wrestling his way to a win. I think Mir's gigantic size edge and bjj game off his back combine to make a nightmare for Chael. Fedor slick off his back too but at least will be similar size so MAYBE Chael could control him for stretches on the mat.

IDK if Chael can even get 260 lb Mir down at this point honestly.

When you think about how small of a hw Fedor is, it's amazing how he was able to beat down so many guys who were much bigger than him. I think his ability to do that has waned over the years and it's why I favor Mir, who also has a big grappling edge. Mir could ostensibly put Fedor on his back like he did to Big Country and sub or beat him up there like Bigfoot was able to do as well.

Fedor still has speed and power in his hands but at this point Mir is more proven against better comp RECENTLY and he looks in shape, and he's the much bigger man which, as I mentioned, might actually play a role here considering Fedor isn't the same guy as he was back in the day. Those pride days where he was dominating much bigger men b/c of his athleticism and the fact that he was just better than everybody back then. I think the more he's aged the less he's been able to overcome this size disparity and it could show here. That said he almost ko'd Meathead last time out who is a lot bigger than him but if that was 10 years ago Meathead would've been the unconscious one at the end of that fight.

I have 2u Mir -140'ish and a smaller .6 or so unit bet on the under as a quasi hedge. I'm definitely gambling here, I know it but I feel like Mir is the right side, even as a slight favorite and I've been pretty steadfast about it for months now. I gotta put my money where my mouth is b/c that's what men do. I do know that having over 2.5u altogether on this fight is stupid but I'm in "hold my beer while I over bet this shitfest" mode. The most best and worst mode ever.

Mir's wrestling could be a huge factor in this fight.

It really sucks all the fights aside from the ME are so juiced. Nobody wants to discuss them, only the ME.

And this is coming from the old guy who has been a Mir fan since his first UFC fight.

Mir's wrestling should be more effective in a cage too, I think(just from glancing at wiki) that fedor is 2-4 in fights in a cage in his whole career, it could be a factor here if mir can get to the clinch.

It really sucks all the fights aside from the ME are so juiced. Nobody wants to discuss them, only the ME.

And this is coming from the old guy who has been a Mir fan since his first UFC fight.
I also like Sanchez itd, I think he's tough enough to take a couple big shots and keep coming, and well rounded enough to make it tough on Sam both grappling and striking wise.

I also think he can finish Sicilia either by sub or ko, I think sub is probably more likely but I think both are more than plausible outcomes. Also Sanchez's cardio is a huge plus for him and Sam's is not good. I could see a late finish even if Sicilia comes out looking good, I think he's bound to gas and Sanchez might be able to take over and get a good shot at a finish in the 3rd at some point, imo.

At better than 2-1 I'll take a chance.

Has anyone said a peep about Sanchez/Sicilia? I think that line has gotten a bit out of hand. Sicilia Dec +654 might be a small stab for me.

Edit: The post right about me is about Sanchez/Sicilia lololol - my b

props are up on betsafe

took a little stab on Mir/Fedor ends inside 1 minute +895

Has anyone said a peep about Sanchez/Sicilia? I think that line has gotten a bit out of hand. Sicilia Dec +654 might be a small stab for me.

Edit: The post right about me is about Sanchez/Sicilia lololol - my b

I think Sanchez is too quick on the feet, too good on the ground, and Sicilia is probably fucked. Probably a bit value on Sanchez -550ish

1.5u on Mir r1 or r2 + under 2 rounds Walker - Danis @ 4.681 at Marathon

If you feel like the lines are too juiced, there's probably value on the underdog.

Most of my action is on Mir; he's obviously juiced to the gills. Also on Harris, just feels like the line is too wide at +400. Same with the Danis fight. What if Danis has never been hit in the head properly and his takedowns suck? I mean, he probably has been hit once or twice because he's such an annoying cunt, but still.

ellator 198 how I see each fight ending!!!!!!!!!!

Maciejewski-Dec
Umar-Dec
Jackson-dec
Askar-Sub1
Bennett-KO1
Budnik-Sub2
Williams-Sub2
Booth-Sub2
Wisely-Dec
Stittgen-Sub1
Cajigas-TKO1
Danis-Sub1