PBP Bellator 263: Pitbull vs. McKee, Sat. 7/31, 7 PM ET/4 PM PT PBP Discussion Thread

Who gets it done at Bellator 263?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here we go, using the “respected whoever vs. sherdogger” fallacy as if refs don’t get shitted on for bad calls all the time. Just say that you wanted McKee to win, leave it at that.
Refs fuck up all the time.

Beltran rarely does, and he didn't tonight.

I don't give a shit about Bellator, and I actually wanted Pitbull to win. But McKee ran him over. The ref could have stopped it when McKee headkicked him and knocked him down with a combo. It would have been mildly controversial.

The way it was stopped looked weird at first, but on replay it was 100% obvious that Pitbull was done. He may or may not have lost consciousness, but he was not fighting back, not defending the choke, and not coming back to win that fight. The fight was over.

If you want to pretend that it was a controversial stoppage, knock yourself out, Sherbro.

None of those guys are close to Pitbull or McKee's level, let alone the UFC's best.
I never said they are. He's arguing a strawman that I think AJ is loyal to Bellator. I'm merely saying he'll be under a tight contract and provided evidence that Bellator champs have the same clause as UFC champs.

lol. It's just you and a handful of other guys who are trying to make this into a controversial stoppage.

Meanwhile, everyone who actually knows what they are watching think it was fine.
He just compared Poirier’s arm in guillotine from guard to McKee’s high elbow preceded by concussing PitBull. <{outtahere}>

What?! The fuck does that have to do with McKee’s. McKee had a high elbow. Khabib was in guard on the ground with an ARM IN. And the most important difference....wait for it.....Khabib was defending the entire time.
Wtf are you even talking about with defending? He was trying to pop his head out and was clearly conscious. How is this even a discussion lmao? Like, the fact that you actually think that was a good stoppage when the guy didn’t tap and wasn’t out is just mind boggling.

Last edited:
Yes he does, I accept your evidence that suggests in most cases you would be correct.. I just think this could be exceptional, like Conor "contracts"... If 2 of 3 major parties want to get it done and can get it done, it could be done.
I don't think this will be exceptional at all. I think you greatly overestimate the effort the UFC would be willing to put in to secure AJ's services right now.

He just compared Poirier’s arm in guillotine from guard to McKee’s high elbow preceded by concussing PitBull. <{outtahere}>
And you just played up semantics and used hyperbole to seem like you know what you’re talking about. Pitbull wasn’t “concussed” - he got dropped. He wasn’t even wobbly. The most important part of this whole thing is, though - IS THAT HE WASN’T OUT AND DIDN’T TAP, YOU RETARD.

I don't think this will be exceptional at all. I think you greatly overestimate the effort the UFC would be willing to put in to secure AJ's services right now.
Well his contract is running down, he's clearly the biggest star outside of UFC and has shown some interest in joining, young American potential star, UFC is lacking in stars, especially US ones... The UFC can not only offer him fights that will warrant how much the millionaire will get paid now, but also keep fans interested in him via testing him against other popular fighters in uncertain predicaments, but if he loses he's young, if he wins he becomes mega... if you looking at this from a marketer or an agent POV you would consider it committing career suicide risking fights against dudes with less popularity than UFC Prelim Fighters in front of fuck all fans, fights Mads/Pico or anyone else next and he loses then everyone loses, even Pitbull rematch should be off the cards I think we saw the better fighter dominate quickly.

I never said they are. He's arguing a strawman that I think AJ is loyal to Bellator. I'm merely saying he'll be under a tight contract and provided evidence that Bellator champs have the same clause as UFC champs.

You could be right. I'm not certain.

And you just played up semantics and used hyperbole to seem like you know what you’re talking about. Pitbull wasn’t “concussed” - he got dropped. He wasn’t even wobbly. The most important part of this whole thing is, though - IS THAT HE WASN’T OUT AND DIDN’T TAP, YOU RETARD.
You’re a fuckin moron dude. The definition of concussion is a blow to the head followed by loss of balance. He got head kicked, lost his balance, then ate a few more punches and got dropped.

To anybody who thinks Pitbull wasn't done: Can you explain the movements of his left arm just before it got stopped?

You’re a fuckin moron dude. The definition of concussion is a blow to the head followed by loss of balance. He got head kicked, lost his balance, then ate a few more punches and got dropped.
Dude, suck a dick. I’m done with you. I’m too old to be going back and forth with someone as stupid as you.

Idek why I’m arguing with these two retards, man lol. This is wild.
What's wild is that you are convinced you're right, and that literally everyone else is wrong.

Find me ONE respectable person who thinks that was a shitty stoppage.

Is it possible that you are wrong? Or is the entire world crazy?

Bellator 263: Pros react to AJ McKee quick guillotine of Patricio Pitbull (msn.com)

Bellator 263: AJ McKee submits Pitbull to win $1 million title fight – Daily News

A.J. McKee Chokes Patricio Freire Unconscious, Claims Featherweight Crown at Bellator 263 (sherdog.com)

Not a strawman, just another piece in the puzzle of the question I initially asked that you responded to.. Stop believing i'm palming off your arguments, I said I appreciate the source and have accepted your position on what the norm might prevail with regards to contracts.
But You couldn't even tell me how long his contract had left so your point could be irrelevant despite making 100% certain claims about shit, seems his contract might have just ran out(a discussion is due).. I'm saying maybe's and could's, you are putting certainties in things that are not always certain.

I really wish that some organization would challenge the UFC's dominance.

I would like more competitive organizations as well. But from what I've seen it's just not going to happen. Big money is freak fights or in the UFC. No one will front the cash and be able manipulate the manpower with half the efficiency.

It seem people think these successes can just change the status quo. They can't. Changing the perception of the market will take forever at this point and it will run a WWE like gambit over many years.

I would like more competitive organizations as well. But from what I've seen it's just not going to happen. Big money is freak fights or in the UFC. No one will front the cash and be able manipulate the manpower with half the efficiency.

It seem people think these successes can just change the status quo. They can't. Changing the perception of the market will take forever at this point and it will run a WWE like gambit over many years.
There's better competition for WWE since WCW with AEW though. I agree with you, that UFC dominance cookie is going to be an extremely hard one to to crack. You never know for sure though.

I agree, so with that said how is AJ booked next if you had to guess?

There's better competition for WWE since WCW with AEW though.

Right but we are just getting to this point and the biggest challenger in the past (WCW)...well as much as I loved the show - we know how that scored monetarily...

Back