Bellator new Signings thread

I’d book him against Anglickas to find the next contender. Fuck I know what to do with Phil Davis. Genuinely scratching my head since I don’t see anything that would be worth booking for him. Bader is done with LHW, Rumble is out, Polizzi is out, Corey and Nemkov are running it back, Anglickas just lost to him, Karl vs. Phil Davis would be an awful main event or even co main and we already seen that

sign that ACA champ Magomed and just throw him at Phil Davis, hopefully stopping his wrestling. He is a grindy wrestler but at least he does damage so it could be a good pickup for Bellator if the UFC is not interested

I’d book him against Anglickas to find the next contender. Fuck I know what to do with Phil Davis. Genuinely scratching my head since I don’t see anything that would be worth booking for him. Bader is done with LHW, Rumble is out, Polizzi is out, Corey and Nemkov are running it back, Anglickas just lost to him, Karl vs. Phil Davis would be an awful main event or even co main and we already seen that

sign that ACA champ Magomed and just throw him at Phil Davis, hopefully stopping his wrestling. He is a grindy wrestler but at least he does damage so it could be a good pickup for Bellator if the UFC is not interested

Muslim Magomedov? I think he's under contract AFAIK.

Muslim Magomedov? I think he's under contract AFAIK.
He is, but I would make a play for him if he is looking to leave. Good active wrestler which would pair well with Bellator LHWs and doubt UFC is jumping out of their seats for a guy with his style

He is, but I would make a play for him if he is looking to leave. Good active wrestler which would pair well with Bellator LHWs and doubt UFC is jumping out of their seats for a guy with his style

Yeah he'd be a good signing, I just don't think he'd be available now to fight Davis is all.

Davis should move to HW seeing how Vassell has a lot of success there or he can fight Yagshimuradov or someone to keep him busy

Great signing. Archie is a savage. Bellator’s willingness to sign guys at a young age is great. My only problem is the transition from can crushing to facing real guys. That’s where they’ve struggled. They did it with Gozali awhile back and did it again with Cody Law last weekend. Got to find the medium.

Great signing. Archie is a savage. Bellator’s willingness to sign guys at a young age is great. My only problem is the transition from can crushing to facing real guys. That’s where they’ve struggled. They did it with Gozali awhile back and did it again with Cody Law last weekend. Got to find the medium.

People are allowed to lose. It's good that they're being less bothered about protecting people's 0's

Colgan is a solid wrestler in terms of takedowns but wasn't so good at maintaining ground control in the EFC fight I caught of his. Hopefully will improve on that over time.

People are allowed to lose. It's good that they're being less bothered about protecting people's 0's

Colgan is a solid wrestler in terms of takedowns but wasn't so good at maintaining ground control in the EFC fight I caught of his. Hopefully will improve on that over time.
I have no problem with prospects losing but Cody and Aviv went from fighting bums to legitimate professionals. And now knowing Bellator they’ll let them crush 3 or 4 more cans before they take another step up. I just wish there was more of a gradual trajectory in terms of the level of talent they face. McKee was pretty much the only one done right. That Gonzalez guy Cody fought was really fucking good. Cody went from zero to 100 real quick.

I have no problem with prospects losing but Cody and Aviv went from fighting bums to legitimate professionals. And now knowing Bellator they’ll let them crush 3 or 4 more cans before they take another step up. I just wish there was more of a gradual trajectory in terms of the level of talent they face. McKee was pretty much the only one done right. That Gonzalez guy Cody fought was really fucking good. Cody went from zero to 100 real quick.

Maybe they just didn't scout him very well. I did say when the fight got made that this was a very tough test. Gonzalez has only ever lost to contender series level opponents.

Maybe they just didn't scout him very well. I did say when the fight got made that this was a very tough test. Gonzalez has only ever lost to contender series level opponents.
and he beat Pat Sabatini who's 4-0 in the UFC

Broke his arm <6>

and he beat Pat Sabatini who's 4-0 in the UFC

Broke his arm <6>

Yeah, that was kind of a weird fight though. I can't see him beating Sabatini again, he caught him with a nice sub and Pat's arm kind of gave way.

Still a great name to have on his record though, Sabatini is a beast.

Back