News Benoît Saint-Denis and Arman Tsarukyan are set to compete in a Grappling match, May 18

Who wins?

• Total voters
That's awesome, Arman should win with ease. <RomeroSalute>

This battle will give us answers about BSD's grappling, I think he's not at the level of Arman, Gamrot and certainly not Islam, we will know soon.

They should have MMA fighters only grapple with MMA fighters.

It makes no sense to have real fighters get butt scooted into submission by someone like Craig Jones. Or at least make it so slaps can be included when they go against pure grapplers.

Craig put some russian UFC fighter to sleep in his last fight.
Rinat? That guy is a beast wrestler.

BSD himself announced it in a video. He's making a series of small docs where he talks about it.

Being "born into wrestling", he is very confident to win and think he is very advantaged in this fight, but expect it to be tough.
Love the fact than BSD is an underdog, being the facourite does not make it for him.

That's awesome, Arman should win with ease. <RomeroSalute>

This battle will give us answers about BSD's grappling, I think he's not at the level of Arman, Gamrot and certainly not Islam, we will know soon.

Well Arman is clearly the better wrestler and should be controlling most of the match

Not necessarily. It will be BJJ rules which favor the grappler.

BSD has legit submissions and a judo background. We've never seen much offensive BJJ from Arman.

Interesting. They could theoretically fight each other in the UFC down the road where they're both younger contenders. This could give them a sneak peak to how the potential opponent feels in one facet of the game to plan around.

That's a sweet ass match up! I'll definitely watch! I don't know enough about their pure grappling skills to really make a prediction, but I'm now incentivized to see if I can find some more, meaningful footage of theirs to study to form a solid opinion. However, Arman did great defending against Olives on the ground, so that's at least a great feat.

Depends on the ruleset. Without the elbows, what arman did on top of charles the first two rounds would be looked at as stalling.

Arman announced it on "BISPING interviews Arman Tsarukyan", probably 5 rounds of 3min in Paris.

3 min rounds favors the wrestler in arman. They'll jock for takedowns for a minute or so, then arman will get one, stall, win round.

BSD has legit submissions and a judo background. We've never seen much offensive BJJ from Arman.

This. Benoit is much more experienced in BJJ comps. Although, arman did say the rounds are 3 minutes long. That favors arman's control based style. He just needs to get some control time in and not get submitted every three minutes

*edit* nevermind. match is off

Last edited:

I also have to take into account that Arman trains outta ATT and the amount of complete solid grapplers that train there from Brazilian BJJ guys to American wrestler converts, to just plain other high-level mma fighters with extensive background grappling has to be of a better quality than anything BSD is getting his hands on daily

Not to say BSD isn’t a freak himself and a very determined competitor, and that has to count for something always

UFC didn't allow it.

it seems UFC has allowed it, as BSD still doing the fight, now against UFC ranked no42 Marc Diakiese.

Seems quite logical for Tsarukyan to avoid it as a very possible loss against no 13 would be quite a big problem for his title quest, and almost no gain from a victory.

Bsd seems pretty pissed off with Arman, calling him a liar who disapointed the fans. From what I gathered BSD asked the authorisation to UFC who said yes but Arman just accepted without informing them.

Back