Best Fighting Game on PS4?

Goonerview

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Looking to buy a fighting game for PS4, not sure which one to get.

Mortal Kombat 11: looks fun, good graphics, storyline, characters. The brutalities etc are also fun.

Tekken 7: looks really good, 3D arenas, but sometimes seems a bit goofy, less serious.

Street fighter 5: looks good, but the combinations and moves can be difficult to do.

Soul Calibur 6: looks good, but apparently they have a rock, paper, scissors mini game during the fights ... sounds shit, lost interest after I found that out.

Buy the game most of your friends are playing... then it'll get competitive and you'll stay interested.

playing by yourself will eventually get too boring and unless you are a serious fighting fan you will get stomped online again and again once you reach a certain level (online).

Buy the game most of your friends are playing... then it'll get competitive and you'll stay interested.

playing by yourself will eventually get too boring and unless you are a serious fighting fan you will get stomped online again and again once you reach a certain level (online).

This.

I've played all the ones you've mentioned. MK11 is my favorite and it's very popular right now with lots of resources to learn how to git gud but it can be frustrating playing online especially since for whatever reason it seems like there are hardly any n00bz. The game is a lot easier to get into compared to MK9 and MKX where you basically needed to know the 35% damage combos to even be somewhat competitive with anyone who is decent.

Tekken 7 has been out for a long time but I'm not sure how many lower level people are online. I would think there should be a good population but I am not sure. The game is very good.

Soul Caliber 6 is really fun and the rock-paper-scissor thing you are mentioning can be a bit annoying but I find that the higher ranked players don't really use it much at all at least online. I wouldn't let that dictate whether you buy it or not. Sometimes when I'm searching for Ranked it takes a while to find an opponent, not sure if it's because there aren't tons of people online or if it's just because the matchmaking is bad. I recall even when the game came out the matchmaking for some reason could take a bit.

SF I am guessing has a big online community still. It is known to be less execution heavy compared to SF4 and previous titles meaning it shouldn't be overly difficult for a new player to learn. I didn't spend much time practicing in the game but I still had a fun time online (first few months of release)

For me in personal preference of what I find the most fun it'd be like this:

MK11
Soul Caliber 6
Tekken 7
Street Fighter 5

I like all the games though. I'd like Tekken 7 on par with SC6 if they didn't remove my main. SF5 I probably would have liked more if I put more effort into it.

Samurai Shodown is maybe my favorite ps4 fighting game.

SFV is great, probably the one I've put the most time in. Shitty fight money system keeps me from loving it.

Tekken is really good but I don't have the time to learn the characters well enough to get the most out of it.

I'm going to get DBZ sometime when there's a good enough sale.

Tekken 7 is getting a little older at this point, but I think it's the best of the games you listed

As others have said, whichever one you can play with friends is going be the most fun

UNIST is the best fighter on PS4, imo.

As for the ones you've mentioned:

MK11 has the best netcode out of the 4. Lots of single player content, a decent tutorial, and the krypt. There are some hitbox/hurtbox issues which will hopefully be resolved in an upcoming patch.

Tekken 7 is the most difficult to get into if you're new to the series (Lei wasn't included in the base game because he was "too hard to play") and it doesn't have a tutorial. It actually has less content than the previous games, but the gameplay is still there and the characters are well balanced (a fucking PANDA won the Tekken World Tour).

SFV isn't one of my favorites from the series, but it's okay. It had a pretty rocky start, but the game seems to be complete at this point. There's no shortage of players, but the netcode was wonky at times.

I'm not too crazy about Reversal Edge in SC6, but I don't hate it either. It can be sidestep, but it also breaks the flow of combat. Didn't play it much after the beta.

Samurai Shodown is maybe my favorite ps4 fighting game.

Good man, but wtf happened to the netcode? I haven't played in weeks because it was taking forever to find a match.

SFV is great, probably the one I've put the most time in. Shitty fight money system keeps me from loving it.

TBF, it was the only game where you could earn DLC for free, but they nerfed that to the ground, lol. Still, most of the DLC characters I own was purchased with fight money.

Pretty much all of the fighting games out now are good, so it's just a matter of preference.

Dragonball Fighterz is really fun as well.

If they port umk3 that would get my vote. But I'll go with mkx.

Good man, but wtf happened to the netcode? I haven't played in weeks because it was taking forever to find a match.

TBF, it was the only game where you could earn DLC for free, but they nerfed that to the ground, lol. Still, most of the DLC characters I own was purchased with fight money.
I usually just find one person then rematch the shit out them a couple dozen times, but it really does take too long to find the first match though. Hope they fix it. Plus I can't beat the last boss in story. Holy shit that bitch is hard.

I bought SFV first day then didn't play it much right away, started getting back into it right before they fucked the fight money. They nerfed grinding for characters and stages so badly. I've bought maybe 6-7 characters. Was stupid about it though because I bought random ones from season 1 and 2. Should have gotten everybody from 1 and used them to get a few from the other. Awesome game otherwise though.

I usually just find one person then rematch the shit out them a couple dozen times, but it really does take too long to find the first match though. Hope they fix it. Plus I can't beat the last boss in story. Holy shit that bitch is hard.

I bought SFV first day then didn't play it much right away, started getting back into it right before they fucked the fight money. They nerfed grinding for characters and stages so badly. I've bought maybe 6-7 characters. Was stupid about it though because I bought random ones from season 1 and 2. Should have gotten everybody from 1 and used them to get a few from the other. Awesome game otherwise though.
To have a complete SFV game you have to spend hundreds, it's fucking ridiculous. Fighting games in general these days are super expensive, but I'll continue to support because it's my favorite genre.

The lobbies were a joke as well. Whose idea was that?
I haven't touched offline in SS yet besides training mode so I need to beat this boss.

Id go with mortal kombat but im Biased as hell.

:)

Been thinking of picking up a new fighting game haven't bought any since MK 10. Leaning towards Soul Calibur

Under Night In Birth, Soulcalibur, SFV and DB Fighterz are all on sale right now on the PS Store. Maybe others as well.

Back