Best Fighting Game on PS4?

Ufc 3,Dragon Ball Fighterz,,Samurai Shodown and Tekken 7 are my favourites now.

I just got soul calibur shits underrated.

Hmm haven’t played him trying to main Cervantes. Let me play some arcade mode with haohmaru and I’ll let u know.

He was just announced for Season 2 so he's not out yet. I liked what Namco did with Akuma and Geese in Tekken so Haohmaru might fit in with the SC cast.

So it's worth picking up? I love Soul Calibur and haven't gotten this one yet, but want to. Too many good fighting games out right now.
Yeah SC6 is pretty fun, it just kinda flies under the radar because it isn't Tekken/SF/MK. Pretty well balanced and the second season being announced is a great sign that Bamco is willing to continue support for the franchise.

I haven't given DoA6 much play yet as I only have the free version right now, but it feels pretty fun too. It really is a great time for fighting game fans right now

Well, the MK team has got 'woke' since MK9 was released. With MKX and MK11 they made efforts to cover up female characters.

Ripping off heads is fine in gory video games, but a woman showing some skin while ripping someone's head off is too far. :rolleyes:

Bought and played through MK:XL

- Great game! The storyline was cool, set design, character design was really amazing. I like outworld, Erron Black, D’Vorah, who, for some reason reminds me of an ex-GF.

- I like how Liu Kang, Kung Lao etc are “evil characters now! It’s kinda cool!

- I like the brutalities in the game. Sometimes activate them by accident and it’s like “Holy shit!!” ... I have seen that MK11 also has brutalities, but for some reason the whole screen goes dark. I prefer the MK X way. Seems more organic.

- I like the new characters, Takeda, Cassie, Jacqui etc.

- I’m not sure what the whole “faction wars” thing is ... I think the game explained it to me but I still don’t get it!

- the krypt is cool, but farming for Koins can be a drag.

- I might get MK11 soon.

Too many good fighting games out right now.

This is so true. I am thinking about trying out so many fighters right now. I think I will stick with MK and SC but I'm interested in so many. Bruce coming back to Tekken 7 would bring me back to that for sure. That Granblue game looks cool too and I might try out the new Guilty Gear whenever that's coming out

This is so true. I am thinking about trying out so many fighters right now. I think I will stick with MK and SC but I'm interested in so many. Bruce coming back to Tekken 7 would bring me back to that for sure. That Granblue game looks cool too and I might try out the new Guilty Gear whenever that's coming out

Play UNIST.

Play UNIST.

I remember a while ago looking at the characters in that game and tbh none of the character designs really clicked with me and so I wasn’t interested. Usually I have at least 1 character in mind who I think looks cool (purely looks wise not actual gameplay wise) otherwise I don’t have much interest lol. Same thing with BlazBlue although the gameplay of that looks very fun

I will have to revisit and take a better look but that has been the main reason why I haven’t considered it

If anyone liked the Street Fighter Ex games , the developer Arika released a new fighting game last year called Fighting Ex Layer which is a spiritual successor to the Street Fighter Ex series and the Fighting Layer arcade game.

I remember a while ago looking at the characters in that game and tbh none of the character designs really clicked with me and so I wasn’t interested. Usually I have at least 1 character in mind who I think looks cool (purely looks wise not actual gameplay wise) otherwise I don’t have much interest lol. Same thing with BlazBlue although the gameplay of that looks very fun

I will have to revisit and take a better look but that has been the main reason why I haven’t considered it

You mean to tell me this character doesn't click with you?

mika-unist-sprite-attack8.png

Yeah, I never used her myself and I probably never will. UNIST seems to be a game where you have freestyle combos. Guilty Gear is the same way.

UNIST has GRD which is a unique system. Basically, it's tug of war to see who enters Vorpal which is a state that increases your damage by 10% and unlocks other mechanics as well.

See that circle in the middle? Whoever has the most blocks when the circle closes goes into Vorpal.

You gain GRD by dashing forward, hitting your opponent, using Concentration, blocking attacks, and shielding. You lose GRD by dashing back, getting hit, when the opponent uses Concentration and more that I'm forgetting.

The game has a great tutorial that teaches you pretty much everything and there's a mission mode for each character which is basically a bunch of combos from easy to ridiculous.

I've played all of these except Soul Calibur, so my order is:

Tekken 7
MK11
Street Fighter 5
Dragonball FighterZ

I'm a Tekken shill since it's my favorite fighting game series. I was originally playing SFV until I picked up Tekken 7, and now SFV feels so slow that it's just not that fun to play anymore. On the other end of the spectrum, DBFZ had so much visual density and the characters moved at such a fast pace that everything felt like combo spam. I also felt like the controls were just awful and it really hindered my ability to enjoy the game. Mortal Kombat is awesome as always. Personally I think Tekken and Mortal Kombat have the best quality control; I like pretty much every game in both series.

Tekken 7 is the best on the PS4. Its the most deep out of all the fighters.

MK9 was the best on PS3 especially with tag mode. Though Tekken Tag 2 was definitely up there.

Looking to buy a fighting game for PS4, not sure which one to get.

Mortal Kombat 11: looks fun, good graphics, storyline, characters. The brutalities etc are also fun.

Tekken 7: looks really good, 3D arenas, but sometimes seems a bit goofy, less serious.

Street fighter 5: looks good, but the combinations and moves can be difficult to do.

Soul Calibur 6: looks good, but apparently they have a rock, paper, scissors mini game during the fights ... sounds shit, lost interest after I found that out.
Tekken 7 hands down...

You've got me there, I forgot about the spin-off games. Shaolin Monks was alright, but the other two were just funny with how bad they were

No, the 3D games. Deadly Alliance, Deception, and Armageddon.

And I though Shaolin Monks was great. I wouldn't mind a sequel to that (Fire and Ice?)

Back