Elections Biden Surges to 14-Point Lead Over Trump After First Debate

Can Trump come back this big, this late in the campaign?

• Total voters
Trafalgar and a few other big data analytics firms that were among the few to accurately predict Trump 2016, Brexit, and the mid-terms are all predicting another Trump victory in 2020. Some of the problems that the polling companies got wrong in 2016 are being repeated now, many likely intentionally.

1.) They are over-sampling: democrat voters, college educated, and suburban Republican women.

2.) They are over-sampling registered voters vs. likely voters.

3.) They are under-sampling rural voters and those with just a high school diploma.

4.) They aren't weighing social desirability enough, if at all. In other words, they aren't accounting (enough) for the "shy Trump voter."

The polling companies and big data groups that called 2016 and Brexit (this is a very small number) accurately did so because they accounted for these factors, many if not all of which are once again being ignored or underreported by the MSM and the pollsters they've hired.

Trump is going to win again, and all I want is for all the "oof, Biden up by 14 points" retards to come take their lumps when it is over. Please don't disappear for a month, and then come in and tell us how the polls were right all along when they gave Biden a 98% chance at victory, and Trump supporters are just too dumb to understand what a 98% chance of victory actually meant.

Trump is going to win. Again. The polls are wrong. Again. Come back and admit you were wrong when it is over and don't blame it on Russia this time.

So we’re clear, Trafalgar has Biden ahead in PA and within the margin of error (with high undecideds) in Wi, Mi, Fl, Nc. RCP has Biden up 7.5-8% nationally in the last week, not 14% like it did when Trump was in the hospital.

If Biden loses, it will completely undermine my faith in polling aggregators, for sure. If Trump loses, are you going to take your lumps, or pivot to the plain fact that the best polls for Trump have it as a horse race?

i don’t see a path to 270 for Trump without Pennsylvania. How do you see it?

Yeah, he can and will have to win without Pennsylvania. Before Trump, no Republican had won Pennsylvania since 1988. Ohio is typically the state they have to win, not Pennsylvania.

So we’re clear, Trafalgar has Biden ahead in PA and within the margin of error (with high undecideds) in Wi, Mi, Fl, Nc. RCP has Biden up 7.5-8%. in the last week.

If Biden loses, it will completely undermine my faith in polling aggregators, for sure. If Trump loses, are you going to take your lumps, or pivot to the plain fact that the best polls for Trump have it as a horse race?

What?

So we’re clear, Trafalgar has Biden ahead in PA and within the margin of error (with high undecideds) in Wi, Mi, Fl, Nc. RCP has Biden up 7.5-8%. in the last week.

it is a horse race. The polling i trust has Trump slightly ahead where it matters in the swing states but it is close. Nate Silver besmirchment will be glorious when he is wrong again.

it is a horse race. The polling i trust has Trump slightly ahead where it matters in the swing states but it is close. Nate Silver besmirchment will be glorious when he is wrong again.

I see a lot more room for people who trust Trafalgar and other right-of-average polls to be wrong and still trust their polls at this point. Polling averages have Biden ahead by a significant amount, if they’re wrong by that much, the whole process needs to be gutted and replaced. Trafalgar can be wrong and just call it margin or error, and let other people make unprovable claims of fraud or criminality.

Simple, when trump loses, will you come in here and admit you were wrong, or try to say that the right leaning pollsters were accurate?
How could the "right leaning pollsters" be accurate if Trump lost? It's an absurd question. If Trump loses there is nothing to pivot to. You'd be better off asking if I would blame his loss on a rigged election, rather than ask me if I would defend Trafalgar, which is the only group you could possibly be referring to when you say "right leaning pollsters".

If Trump loses, no I wouldn't defend any poll that had him ahead. Why would I? It's dumb.

Yeah so um.. 2016 didn't?

How could the "right leaning pollsters" be accurate if Trump lost? It's an absurd question. If Trump loses there is nothing to pivot to. You'd be better off asking if I would blame his loss on a rigged election, rather than ask me if I would defend Trafalgar, which is the only group you could possibly be referring to when you say "right leaning pollsters".

If Trump loses, no I wouldn't defend any poll that had him ahead. Why would I? It's dumb.

If they say he’s up 1 point with a 3 point margin or error, they can get the outcome wrong while still being able to honestly claim they provided accurate data.

The other question is whether you’ll admit you were wrong. Will you?

If they say he’s up 1 point with a 3 point margin or error, they can get the outcome wrong while still being able to honestly claim they provided accurate data.

The other question is whether you’ll admit you were wrong. Will you?

Admit I was wrong about what?

Yeah so um.. 2016 didn't?

Not sure I follow. 2016 did have it as a close race, and it had the uncommon outcome of a plurality result and the popular loser winning the electoral vote. So, when people defend pollsters they’re doing it through that lens. Star man is claiming that’s somehow a cop out.

Admit I was wrong about what?

About the outcome, you’ve just stated outright that Trump will win, and given your reasons why. If Trump loses will you admit you were wrong and take your lumps, like you’ve asked others to do, or make excuses?

Rasmussen and Fox aren't right leaning?

seems like Pennsylvania is more likely for trump than Michigan or Wisconsin. Seems to me like it’s a must win.
Trump will likely take PA and WI, MI is less likely.

WI has a contingency of voters who voted for Obama, Walker and Trump. They didn’t show in 18 without Trump on the ballot.

Back