Black Ops: Cold War (Call of Duty)

Can you expand a little?

Its just opinions which is why we aren't gonna agree

Modern warfare to me is better in every way. It looks better sounds better has better guns has better characters . Its maybe the best cod ever made.

Its campaign was awesome
Its multi-player is the best ever. I like most the maps and I like the sniping hiding and catching people with mines.

I don't really like warzone at all no matter which game you play it from.

To me this call of duty is just ugly non colorful and like I've already said feels like a huge downgrade to me in every way.

So a colleague of mine who loves COD and plays it all the time says this game is great. Meanwhile the reviews have been pretty lacklustre. Is this game good or not? My wife wanted to know if I would like it for PS5 for Christmas but I don’t want her to spend her money on it for me if it’s not that good.

Honestly at this point it really depends on what you want in multilayer. If you like the slower pace of the new Modern Warfare then there’s a good chance you will not like this. If you like faster paced CODs then you will probably like this.

It’s kind of interesting that some In this thread see Modern Warfare as the best COD when to me it’s one of the worst when it comes to PUB matches. MW and Cold War are extremely different in playstyle.

So.... Any updates on how Warzone will be when it moves over to Cold War? Will it be the same map, different map? Has there been any official news on this part at all?

Honestly at this point it really depends on what you want in multilayer. If you like the slower pace of the new Modern Warfare then there’s a good chance you will not like this. If you like faster paced CODs then you will probably like this.

It’s kind of interesting that some In this thread see Modern Warfare as the best COD when to me it’s one of the worst when it comes to PUB matches. MW and Cold War are extremely different in playstyle.

Well I haven’t played that much MW multiplayer but I did not like Warzone at all.

Its just opinions which is why we aren't gonna agree

Modern warfare to me is better in every way. It looks better sounds better has better guns has better characters . Its maybe the best cod ever made.

Its campaign was awesome
Its multi-player is the best ever. I like most the maps and I like the sniping hiding and catching people with mines.

I don't really like warzone at all no matter which game you play it from.

To me this call of duty is just ugly non colorful and like I've already said feels like a huge downgrade to me in every way.

Thanks for unpacking that. Just wanted a take.

My initial reaction is that the look, feel and smoothness of animation is actually a downgrade from MW2 from over 10 years ago. That was basically CODs height. It’s a little sad they didn’t pay their devs better and they all left. They’ve been trying to piece it together since then.

Just played for the first hour in multiplayer and it feels like a huge downgrade to me and I wasn't in love with MW.

Hated the campaign so far too.

This game is already better than mw. Camping is back to suitable levels, you can have actual gunfights, takes talent to actually kill someone rather than watch them evaporate in .1 seconds.

MW is the worst of the franchise. This one is not the best, but it's definitely better.

That said it's a complete waste of the BO franchise tag. The operators have no personality and what made Bo3&4 so fun was the various powers and neat weapons. Pick 9 or 13 is a far better system than this mw rehash too.

This game is already better than mw. Camping is back to suitable levels, you can have actual gunfights, takes talent to actually kill someone rather than watch them evaporate in .1 seconds.

MW is the worst of the franchise. This one is not the best, but it's definitely better.

That said it's a complete waste of the BO franchise tag. The operators have no personality and what made Bo3&4 so fun was the various powers and neat weapons. Pick 9 or 13 is a far better system than this mw rehash too.

But based on what you wrote, in general, this is more running and running, rushing and headshots matter?

What I encountered almost immediately in Ground War in the latest MW was I was basically getting shot, 1-2 hit kills, from across the map from people that were legitimately invisible on my screen even in replay. People don't move much, sniping is ridiculous, and the spawn system is awful - being able to get one person to the backside of the map on a vehicle and then spawning 5-6 players behind you... it just makes for a complete mess.

The other oddity I noticed time and again, the players on both teams look almost identical. Between that and it being hard to make out players from a distance and the graphics and engine just can't keep up with the coordinates of the players.

The best part of this game is that I actually enjoy using the AK again.

holy shit I hope the game mode dirty bomb is in no way a reflection of what treyarch has planned for warzone. Terrible.

The best part of this game is that I actually enjoy using the AK again.

It's really good. Especially at around level 43 or so you unlock something that reduces both horizontal and vertical recoil and you can make the gun have very little recoil. Seems to be one of the best guns and feels similar to its COD4 version.

Been playing this game a shitload and while I like it, I can definitely say there are some significant problems with it. The gun balance as I mentioned in a previous post is a problem. It's a pretty big problem too because of how SBMM works, there's almost no reason to use anything outside the best guns. The AUG, M16 and MP5 are still incredibly powerful. There's a couple guns that are comparable to them but tbh there's almost no reason to not one of those three, especially when every team you fight is using them.

The head glitching in this game needs to be adjusted. The lack of bullet penetration makes it hard af to kill head glitchers especially on spots where you can barely even see their head. They need to make them more visible, at least see their shoulders and up. There's some spots where it seems like only like half their head is showing. This makes it so again you might as well use M16 or AUG because they are the most reliable for killing them since the burst to head is pretty much a guaranteed kill.

Also, I have seen way too many bluescreens when I was playing on PS4 and even on my PS5 the app has already crashed once. Joining lobbies sometimes doesn't work and it often fails to connect to host. I'm expecting this shit to be patched out eventually but it's pretyt ugly for a series that has so much experience behind it to have so many crashes and lobby issues.

It's really good. Especially at around level 43 or so you unlock something that reduces both horizontal and vertical recoil and you can make the gun have very little recoil. Seems to be one of the best guns and feels similar to its COD4 version.

Been playing this game a shitload and while I like it, I can definitely say there are some significant problems with it. The gun balance as I mentioned in a previous post is a problem. It's a pretty big problem too because of how SBMM works, there's almost no reason to use anything outside the best guns. The AUG, M16 and MP5 are still incredibly powerful. There's a couple guns that are comparable to them but tbh there's almost no reason to not one of those three, especially when every team you fight is using them.

The head glitching in this game needs to be adjusted. The lack of bullet penetration makes it hard af to kill head glitchers especially on spots where you can barely even see their head. They need to make them more visible, at least see their shoulders and up. There's some spots where it seems like only like half their head is showing. This makes it so again you might as well use M16 or AUG because they are the most reliable for killing them since the burst to head is pretty much a guaranteed kill.

Also, I have seen way too many bluescreens when I was playing on PS4 and even on my PS5 the app has already crashed once. Joining lobbies sometimes doesn't work and it often fails to connect to host. I'm expecting this shit to be patched out eventually but it's pretyt ugly for a series that has so much experience behind it to have so many crashes and lobby issues.
I actually couldn't get an open NAT using UPnP and had to set a static IP and manually forward a bunch of ports. I can't remember the last time that I had to do that. I was still having a lot of trouble playing with a friend who had moderate NAT and is on ps4.

I was having crashes on PC, but the recent patch seems to have fixed things.

I hate that little watch tower in Cartel. It's number one bullshit.

I actually couldn't get an open NAT using UPnP and had to set a static IP and manually forward a bunch of ports. I can't remember the last time that I had to do that. I was still having a lot of trouble playing with a friend who had moderate NAT and is on ps4.

I was having crashes on PC, but the recent patch seems to have fixed things.

I hate that little watch tower in Cartel. It's number one bullshit.

My NAT type randomly switches to Moderate too and idk why. It goes back to Open but a few times it was stuck on Moderate for me.

With PC to PS crossplay did they fix the shitty party audio? Me and a friend tried it the first few days and the party audio was completely fucked we couldn't hear each other half the time and the PC player voice was choppy whenever we could hear him.

Cartel is terrible. That tower is annoying because of headglitching and also if they have flak jacket on, goodluck lol.

My NAT type randomly switches to Moderate too and idk why. It goes back to Open but a few times it was stuck on Moderate for me.

With PC to PS crossplay did they fix the shitty party audio? Me and a friend tried it the first few days and the party audio was completely fucked we couldn't hear each other half the time and the PC player voice was choppy whenever we could hear him.

Cartel is terrible. That tower is annoying because of headglitching and also if they have flak jacket on, goodluck lol.
I could hear him, but he occasionally couldn't hear me at all. We also tried playing with a third friend via split-screen and it was like his PS4 got Covid. It was so overstressed that he was having trouble navigating menus and couldn't even modify any of his classes.

I could hear him, but he occasionally couldn't hear me at all. We also tried playing with a third friend via split-screen and it was like his PS4 got Covid. It was so overstressed that he was having trouble navigating menus and couldn't even modify any of his classes.

Ah ok, yeah sounds a bit similar to my PS to PC crossplay experience lol. IIRC Modern Warfare had some crossplay issues too with the audio I don't know if it ever got fixed.

There's something about this game that I swear makes people bigger bitches than normal. Most teams don't even try to win hard point. They just flank to get kills and lose.

Last edited:
Akimbo Magnums have some pretty crazy range with the right attachments. Takes a long while to get them to level 35, but I'd say they're better than shotguns depending on your aim. I still have some games where I can't seem to hit anything.

Back