Bo Could Beat Izzy

If I’m out of my mind please let me know, logically, how I’m wrong.

I just can’t see Izzy stopping his take down

Here's how you're wrong.

Yes it doesn't take rocket science to acknowledge that someone who can outgrapple Izzy has a path to victory.

BUT

Izzy is a counterstriker who wants people to charge at him. His worst fights are when it's boring because the opponent is too cautious to engage, knowing Izzy wants them to come at him.

So that strategy could lead to the grappler getting tko'd just as much as it could lead to Izzy losing a decision.

In his 13 UFC fights Adesanya has never even attempted a takedown. Literally 0 times. That's not his game but we'll see. I think he's going to die by the sword he lives by.

How many TDs did Ngannou attempt in his UFC career before he reversed Stipe in the rematch?

It's stupid to assume what's in these guy's toolboxes just because you haven't seen it in a fight.

How many TDs did Ngannou attempt in his UFC career before he reversed Stipe in the rematch?

It's stupid to assume what's in these guy's toolboxes just because you haven't seen it in a fight.
It's also stupid to assume someone who has never been a wrestler to come out and be a wrestler. That's not what Izzy does. That is not his game. Like I said, we'll see what happens.

It's also stupid to assume someone who has never been a wrestler to come out and be a wrestler. That's not what Izzy does. That is not his game. Like I said, we'll see what happens.

Because it's not his game doesn't mean that he might not be able to implement it as a gameplan if he has to.

He's already showed dynamic scrambling ability against Tavares and Gastelum.

Assuming that a championship-level fighter who's been training MMA for over a decade can't pull out new tricks against a guy who's got much less experience in the sport than him is asinine.

Because it's not his game doesn't mean that he might not be able to implement it as a gameplan if he has to.

He's already showed dynamic scrambling ability against Tavares and Gastelum.

Assuming that a championship-level fighter who's been training MMA for over a decade can't pull out new tricks against a guy who's got much less experience in the sport than him is asinine.
I never said he can't, just that history suggest it isn't likely. Maybe he'll surprise me. I just want a good fight either way.

Maybe he could, who knows.

He's already been training BJJ for a decent amount of time before committing to MMA, and he already scored a KO in his first bout.

We know that he's automatically one of the best wrestlers in MMA.

We know that his BJJ is high level or adequate.

We know that he's not a complete scrub in striking.

Dude might not have a lot of fights on his record right now but all the skills needed to be elite are there.

The gap in in-cage experience might be his undoing if he fights for the title too early though (which might be demonstrated in Izzy vs. Pereira).

There are small little things that champions learn from years and years of experience that Bo might not be unaware of.

Things related to pacing, timing, transitioning from wrestling-to-striking, specific angles and windows-of-opportunity things that you only learn from experience. Things like that that you only get from putting miles in.

Back