Boar/Pig/Hog hunting calibers

I'm pretty sure Taurus Raging Hunter revolvers were made for boars and bears and shit like that. I neither hunt nor have bear problems, but so far I own 3 Raging Hunters for "home protection":
  • .44 Magnum 5" barrel
  • .44 Magnum 6.75" barrel
  • .454 Casull 6.75" barrel
Very fun guns to shoot.

Taurus_Raging_Hunter_2-440055RH_R-155e8319.webp

Taurus_Raging_Hunter_2-440065RH_R-849a17aa.webp

I'm pretty sure Taurus Raging Hunter revolvers were made for boars and bears and shit like that. I neither hunt nor have bear problems, but so far I own 3 Raging Hunters for "home protection":
  • .44 Magnum 5" barrel
Very fun guns to shoot.

What's fartherest you've shot those things?

I've been thinking of blowing some loot on one of these

Taurus_44_2-440069_R-1813ef3c.webp

What's fartherest you've shot those things?

I've been thinking of blowing some loot on one of these

Just target shooting at Shiloh Shooting Range (I live and work close-by).

I also have a Taurus .44 Magnum like that one, but the 4" barrel (your pic looks like the 6.5").

Yes, I currently have 3 different .44 magnums (as well as 3 different .357 magnums - Taurus 605 Poly Protector snub-nose and Trackers 4" and 6.5" - and I expect to get another .357 in the Raging Hunter 6.75" sometime this year).

Just target shooting at Shiloh Shooting Range (I live and work close-by).

I also have a Taurus .44 Magnum like that one, but the 4" barrel (your pic looks like the 6.5").

Yes, I currently have 3 different .44 magnums (as well as 3 different .357 magnums - Taurus 605 Poly Protector snub-nose and Trackers 4" and 6.5" - and I expect to get another .357 in the Raging Hunter 6.75" sometime this year).

Damn, you're a regular revolver guy!

I'm historically a dismal fucking shooter with revolvers, so one day, maybe I'll try to fix that.

Cheers.

Expensive ammo these days ain't it?

Expensive ammo these days ain't it?

Hells yeah... especially considering I have a .22, a .380, 3 9mms, a .38 Special, 3 .357 Magnums, a .40, 2 Judges (fires both .45 Long Colt and .410 gauge), 3 .44 Magnums, a .454 Casull, a 20 gauge pump and a 12 gauge bullpup (magazine-fed). So far. I got a lot of bullets, lol

Hells yeah... especially considering I have a .22, a .380, 3 9mms, a .38 Special, 3 .357 Magnums, a .40, 2 Judges (fires both .45 Long Colt and .410 gauge), 3 .44 Magnums, a .454 Casull, a 20 gauge pump and a 12 gauge bullpup (magazine-fed). So far. I got a lot of bullets, lol

Dayhum!

Yeah, I literally cannot wait for an intruder to break in, lol. The only thing I fear is being paralyzed by indecision which to choose (probably the 20 gauge 590 Mossburg pump action)

So what you're saying is, these people would be fucked?
the-strangers-doll-face.gif

• .44 Magnum 5" barrel
Very fun guns to shoot.

Sadly in Australia we cannot take pistols hunting with us. (I believe they think if we take our pistola out with us on the way home we'll be so overcome by bloodlust that we'll start robbing service stations). So far the .44 Mag has done pretty well in recommendations.

@Chesten_Hesten The reputation for Taurus/Rossi is getting better as well, While you still get the odd "friday gun" they have come a long way since the 2005 - 2015 days and the Braztech disaster.

Sadly in Australia we cannot take pistols hunting with us. (I believe they think if we take our pistola out with us on the way home we'll be so overcome by bloodlust that we'll start robbing service stations). So far the .44 Mag has done pretty well in recommendations.

@Chesten_Hesten The reputation for Taurus/Rossi is getting better as well, While you still get the odd "friday gun" they have come a long way since the 2005 - 2015 days and the Braztech disaster.
The Taurus revolvers are better than their magazine pistols.

I had a Taurus PT92 back in the day. It wasn't as smooth as the Berreta of the day, but I liked it. I killed 2 snakes, 12 turtles, 1 squirrel, and 13 Gar fish with it. Furthest shot I hit something was probably 110 yards across a river. it was my Budget Lethal Weapon gun.

I think Taurus are fucking dandy!

faafdda47c4e50741dbc11cf23954453.jpg

I sold it and got a Sig p226 when RoboCop came out!
NDVt.gif

I bought the highly recommended Taurus 3Gc (rated best pistol under $300). I loaded it up and put it with my others. My son came over, and I went to show it to him. I released the magazine, but when I tried to slide the action back to eject the remaining round, the slide would not budge over an inch. I've had this gun since Thanksgiving and it's a paperweight until I take it to a gunsmith.

I bought the highly recommended Taurus 3Gc (rated best pistol under $300). I loaded it up and put it with my others. My son came over, and I went to show it to him. I released the magazine, but when I tried to slide the action back to eject the remaining round, the slide would not budge over an inch. I've had this gun since Thanksgiving and it's a paperweight until I take it to a gunsmith.
Sounds like you got a "friday gun"

338 Lapua? How far are the ranges you guys hunt at there?
They are waiting specific wild pigs from Russia and Belarus since 2008 th. These pigs are specific sort of pigs.
We gladly had traded with them but they are dreaming we are their slaves since 2008.
now it is reality. Specific reason to have this.

Back