• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Boxing commentators called Wilder ''the baddest man on the planet''

Agree? I'm not even talking about his chances in rematch with Fury and if he fought Joshua or Ruiz. Why is he the baddest man on the planet? Average fat UFC HW would take him down and James Toney him.
Do you have to be a boxer to be considered the baddest man on the planet?
Yes he is the Baddest man, this guy has some Comic book mythical punching power, he barely threw any punches that entire fight and says it himself, when guys fight him they have to be PERFECT for 12 rounds, all he needs is two seconds and its a wrap.

The dude is a freak he has the highest KO ratio in boxing history, and these are LEGIT one punch KOs not some TKO stuff off flurries. Plus he drops IRON chin guys.

He makes guys stiff up and start having Seizures when he punches them flush
giphy.gif

LinedShortAtlanticridleyturtle-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_p4iihkEpSo1ucnqpno1_500.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Obviously boxers are inferior to martial artists, everyone knows this now. A 150 pound Jiu Jitsu purple belt or higher would murder Wilder in a real fight and there's nothing he would be able to do about it.

But Wilder does have a scary right cross and is one of the hardest hitters in combat sports I've ever seen.
I'm a 180 lb purple belt who also has a lifetime of standup training, and I'll tell you straight up there's a 95% chance that Wilder flatline's me before I could close the distance. He doesn't just hit hard, he's scary accurate and fast too. His cross is like a laser beam, and with his reach, there's not many people alive who are getting inside without eating dirt.

Considering how shallow HW currently is, I have zero doubt that Wilder could be champ with very little cross training. Ngannou is the #1 contender with nothing but punching power, and he would practically be in slow motion next to wilder. Don't get me started on dudes like Lewis there.

Why would the baddest man on the planet even be a fighter? Why not some staunchly ascetic meditator, an ultrarunner or some paralympic defying-the-odds-type athlete? It is not like it is a protected title, so let whoever wants to claim it, have it for themselves. There are many worthy candidates across sports and general society.

I'm a 180 lb purple belt who also has a lifetime of standup training, and I'll tell you straight up there's a 95% chance that Wilder flatline's me before I could close the distance. He doesn't just hit hard, he's scary accurate and fast too. His cross is like a laser beam, and with his reach, there's not many people alive who are getting inside without eating dirt.

Why wouldn't you just butt-scoot up to him and try to tangle up his legs? (Presuming he has not grappling-training prior to the fight).

Why wouldn't you just butt-scoot up to him and try to tangle up his legs? (Presuming he has not grappling-training prior to the fight).
Why would he allow me to? There's no rule that says he can't punch down, or even that he has to approach me. It isn't like i'm gonna butt scoot faster than he can walk. My best shot would be something akin to an imanari roll, and even that is a tall order considering the sheer physicality of Wilder. He's 6'7", his legs are damn near as long as my whole body, and he's athletic as hell too.

Obviously boxers are inferior to martial artists, everyone knows this now. A 150 pound Jiu Jitsu purple belt or higher would murder Wilder in a real fight and there's nothing he would be able to do about it.

But Wilder does have a scary right cross and is one of the hardest hitters in combat sports I've ever seen.

Unlikely.
To give an example, Tyson Furys dad went to jail for 5 years for gouging out a mans eyeball clean out in a fight.
Do they teach that in jiu jitsu? Depends how far you want to go.
Add nice reach for Wilder to throw his touch of death against guys with no striking training, there arent going to be too many takers. Wilder by fatality against the bulk of guys without solid wrestling.

With the kinda power he has? Yeah 100% lol who gives a fuck that he can't lay ontop of another grown man for 5 rounds when he can knock em dead with one shot

^^^^

150 pounds? GTFO the weight difference is too great

Somewhere in some third world country there is a prisoner that's been fighting their whole life that would probably kill Wilder and any UFC champion with their bare hands with ease. I don't know why anyone would be care what a sports commentator would call someone in their sport. The real fighters in the world fight for their lives, not money. There are some real scary dudes out there that you will never hear about.

LOL no sports athlete is the baddest man on the planet.

I'll take prime Bazzel Baz over them both

The baddest man on the planet has to be gifted a draw? That title is earned by going though fury. As thus far you haven't proved yourself good enough to be in the ring with him and remotely come close to beating him outside of a flash knock down. And he still got up after that knock down and continued out boxing you. Wilder is great no doubt, but calling him that is nothinf but match hyping and nothing more. The top of the HW division is too intriguing ATM for any single one to be the baddest without going through the others. Fury would be the closest given he was the one where unseated Klitschko, and was soundly outboxing wilder despite the fight results.

Why would the baddest man on the planet even be a fighter? Why not some staunchly ascetic meditator, an ultrarunner or some paralympic defying-the-odds-type athlete? It is not like it is a protected title, so let whoever wants to claim it, have it for themselves. There are many worthy candidates across sports and general society.

Are you being serious? What a weird thing to say.

So who is the baddest man in MMA if not Jon Jones?
Well it can't be Jon given his reluctance about moving up, surely it would be either someone who went up in weight classes and won a belt, the pound for pound baddest man on the planet, or more rationally the guy who has the belt at the heaviest weight class.

The baddest man on the planet has to be gifted a draw? That title is earned by going though fury. As thus far you haven't proved yourself good enough to be in the ring with him and remotely come close to beating him outside of a flash knock down. And he still got up after that knock down and continued out boxing you. Wilder is great no doubt, but calling him that is nothinf but match hyping and nothing more. The top of the HW division is too intriguing ATM for any single one to be the baddest without going through the others. Fury would be the closest given he was the one where unseated Klitschko, and was soundly outboxing wilder despite the fight results.
Tbf he came as close as anyone to beating Fury, was incredibly impressive Fury got up from that. Excited for the rematch. Wilder will likely lose the early rounds like he did against Ortiz but damn that one punch power is impressive and makes Wilder a threat for the entire duration of the fight. Guy's not wrong when he says he only has to be perfect for 2 seconds whilst anyone he's facing has to be perfect the entire fight.

Tbf he came as close as anyone to beating Fury, was incredibly impressive Fury got up from that. Excited for the rematch. Wilder will likely lose the early rounds like he did against Ortiz but damn that one punch power is impressive and makes Wilder a threat for the entire duration of the fight. Guy's not wrong when he says he only has to be perfect for 2 seconds whilst anyone he's facing has to be perfect the entire fight.
He did absolutely. At least it's just the announcers claiming this, and not Deontay himself which is why i'm not really jumping on him and more the announcers for just doing promo hype. He's taking the rematch so he's looking to prove what i was basically saying in that you actually gotta go through the guy to get that title. So respect to deontay for not trying to dance around the previous result and looking to run it back. It's the fight that needs to happen so lets hope politics don't get involved and stop the booking.

rather stupid thread. they're boxing commentators. commenting and promoting the sport of boxing.

He did absolutely. At least it's just the announcers claiming this, and not Deontay himself which is why i'm not really jumping on him and more the announcers for just doing promo hype. He's taking the rematch so he's looking to prove what i was basically saying in that you actually gotta go through the guy to get that title. So respect to deontay for not trying to dance around the previous result and looking to run it back. It's the fight that needs to happen so lets hope politics don't get involved and stop the booking.
You gotta give that to Wilder indeed, guy didn't need to fight Ortiz, who is a quality fighter. Look at the guy's Fury has fought in the interim and compare them with Wilder's opponent. Wilder is legit about fighting the best guy's out there. I honestly don't mind who wins that fight as long as the winner takes on the winner of Joshua Ruiz. Wonder if Ruiz loses though whether he'll have a rematch clause inserted now that he's champ.

Back