Boxing Discussion VI

Two powerful light-heavyweights who are potentially chinny, so have to bet the dog at this price, especially since this hungry former union laborer brutally knocked out his last two opponents, one out of the ring.

Joe Smith Jr. (+229) vs Sullivan Barrera $100.00 for $229.00

Okay, last weekend was terrific so let's see if we can do it again this weekend. These are my picks for this weekend.

Joe Smith Jr - ML @3.04
Already mentioned the reasons why earlier in this thread a few pages back. Barrera's jab could be the key to winning here if he can get it going but both have shaky defence and I can see Smith winning this, at his current ML I'm definitely on it.

Berchelt TKO @2.05
If this was the Miura of a few years ago I would have picked him, but he's been in some serious wars and Berchelt packs serious power. Miura was finished by Vargas in 2015, a man Berchelt beat and finished in January this year. Miura is still a complete warrior and I wouldn't be shocked if he managed to put Berchelt on his ass at some point but Berchelt should be too much and too strong at this point for Miura. I expect a fairly back and forth war up until a point but Berchelt should take over late on and get a finish in a brutal affair.

Marcus Browne TKO (possibly the under) -
No odds up yet but will update.

Omar Figueroa DEC -
No odds yet but if it's around 1.65 or higher I'll be all over it.

Eubank Jr TKO @3.06
I think there's value here, Abraham is solid but he's got miles on the clock and if Eubank can keep up the pressure I think he can get a late stoppage. Eubank Jr @4.50 between 7-12 looks good too.

i took eubank dec. this is essentially chris first fight at 168 and i dont think that he has the output to force a stoppage even though abraham is a shell of himself.

anyone thinking about making a play on rg i believe his punch resistance is completely gone. the ropes held him up against the argentenian cab driver

i took eubank dec. this is essentially chris first fight at 168 and i dont think that he has the output to force a stoppage even though abraham is a shell of himself.

anyone thinking about making a play on rg i believe his punch resistance is completely gone. the ropes held him up against the argentenian cab driver

Decision on paper seems the most likely option but 37 years old is 37 years old and the youth of Eubank could and I think will end up playing a part in the later rounds, he's still getting better and is on upwards trajectory. Abraham's left eye was cut and swollen shut in his TKO loss to Stieglitz and although he's avenged that loss and is 3-1 up over their 4 fights I think Eubank can cause damage to him especially with those heavy uppercuts.

BOL though

Agreed, Guerrero looks to be done on the high level, problems with hand injuries too. I'd be worried about a late Figueroa stoppage but I think with his time out he'll get a clear decision and some important rounds in.

Also on;

Anthony Cacace @2.50 against Martin J Ward
Cacace has been fairly inactive over the past 2 years due to numerous problems (mainly Cyclone Promotions) but he's a solid boxer, training partner of Anthony Crolla and is looking to make an impact here. Martin Ward hasn't impressed me massively in the 3 fights I've seen him live, he can be inactive in rounds and has been clocked clean by Ronnie Clark who dropped him in their bout, Cacace actually KO'd Ronnie Clark back in 2015. It should be close but Cacace is a tall switch-hitting boxer who packs good power and I like him at these odds.

I was eyeing cacace stopping clark is pretty impressive.

I can see a eubank ko too. He is more an accumulative puncher but he has high volume good accuracy and his shots seem to look harder than they actually are but all signs point to a mercy stoppage if this is too one sided defo like rounds 7-12

I was eyeing cacace stopping clark is pretty impressive.

I can see a eubank ko too. He is more an accumulative puncher but he has high volume good accuracy and his shots seem to look harder than they actually are but all signs point to a mercy stoppage if this is too one sided defo like rounds 7-12

Yeah, especially with it being an ITV PPV card, in London. If Eubank has a high output and stuns Abraham I wouldn't be shocked if the referee jumps in early against the ropes, this is a huge fight for Eubank at this stage of his career.

160 pound eubank jr averaged around 45 punches a round against bjs, more or less the same as 168 abraham did against martin murray

160 pound eubank jr averaged around 45 punches a round against bjs, more or less the same as 168 abraham did against martin murray

2 years ago. 2 years older for Abraham and 2 years more experience and improvement for Eubank. Wouldn't put much weight into a stat like that anyway, many differentials since then and average punches a round can mean relatively nothing in some fights.

Either way Abraham has a blocking based style and is a clever counter puncher but he's lost speed over the past few years and punch resistance fades with age, I like the value for a stoppage.

2 years ago. 2 years older for Abraham and 2 years more experience and improvement for Eubank. Wouldn't put much weight into a stat like that anyway, many differentials since then and average punches a round can mean relatively nothing in some fights.

Either way Abraham has a blocking based style and is a clever counter puncher but he's lost speed over the past few years and punch resistance fades with age, I like the value for a stoppage.

i had to bet the fight one way or another otherwise it wouldve been a pass for me. i wish there was live betting offered on the rj, barrera and berchelt fights, i wouldve never bet the eubank fight.

i had to bet the fight one way or another otherwise it wouldve been a pass for me. i wish there was live betting offered on the rj, barrera and berchelt fights, i wouldve never bet the eubank fight.

Can you get Bet365? I'm sure they have LB for them fights.

Can you get Bet365? I'm sure they have LB for them fights.

the added the berchelt fight. wasnt there yesterday. would love to see an early miura kd and then bet miguel. an early smith kd as well

Just read Selby's mum died this week and he is still fighting. Wonder if that will spur him on or he might not be there...

Just read Selby's mum died this week and he is still fighting. Wonder if that will spur him on or he might not be there...

I've already got some down on Barros but may put more down now, I don't think anyone could have the right mindset in that situation. He is a level above Barros but @11.00 is worth a little.

Back