News BREAKING UFC Planning UFC 249 Ferguson vs Gaethje Super Card for May 9

Will Uncle Goof Pull Off May 9 Card?

• Total voters
Disney is going to fire Dana if he doesn’t stand down.
This. I don't think Disney is going to like this very much. I get Florida (which is known as a dumbass state) is trying to get stuff sanctioned but Dana needs to stand down for a couple months. I love MMA just as much as every sherdogger on here but he needs to back off for a bit.

How is the situation any different than it was when it was just cancelled? Espn will tell them to shut it down again, a few more weeks won’t change their mind.

Great card, but I don’t see it happening anytime soon. There is talk of sporting events not starting back up until 2021, or even late 2021.

Just to compare the fights.

Here is UFC 249 that was going to go down this weekend before Disney pulled the plug:

Lightweight Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje
Heavyweight Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
Heavyweight Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan de Castro
Welterweight Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price
Featherweight Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar
Middleweight Ronaldo Souza vs. Uriah Hall
Lightweight Alexander Hernandez vs. Omar Antonio Morales Ferrer
Bantamweight Marlon Vera vs. Ray Borg
Light Heavyweight Ryan Spann vs. Sam Alvey
Lightweight Michael Johnson vs. Khama Worthy
Women’s Bantamweight Sijara Eubanks vs. Sarah Moras

We still have 6 of those fights (the top 6), but two added title fights, and a bunch of new fights.

The bottom five fights have been taken off the new card for May 8th.

Looks like a Pride card, I am excited.

Does anyone understand wtf is going on?

The UFC supposedly had the logistics worked out for ufc 249 to happen on schedule. Then didney + espn pulled the plug on it.

Now they are wanting to reschedule it for May 9th. How will circumstances will be different on May 9th?

Doesn't really make sense to me

Heres my theory....

UFC 100% intended to make fights on 4/18 and Disney/Espn where on board since you know they are desperate for content too.

They probably were expecting backlash from media but not government. Once the Governor spoke up and reminded them of his Authority they stood down.

Disney has alot of property/Studios in Cali. So going against the wishes of the head of Cali is dumb move. He can make things more difficult for all there businesses...

So you can bet that the event on 5/9 will not in Cali. Probably fight island or Florida lol

Heres my theory....

UFC 100% intended to make fights on 4/18 and Disney/Espn where on board since you know they are desperate for content too.

They probably were expecting backlash from media but not government. Once the Governor spoke up and reminded them of his Authority they stood down.

Disney has alot of property/Studios in Cali. So going against the wishes of the head of Cali is dumb move. He can make things more difficult for all there businesses...
Okay I'm listening..

Disney is going to fire Dana if he doesn’t stand down.

He doesn't work for them though. They are a business partner. Depending on how you want to look at it, they maybe could be considered a customer. But he's not an employee of theirs.

They have a contract with the UFC and certainly have a ton of control when it comes to how that business operates (as they showed recently) but they can't fire what's effectively the COO of the UFC. They can put pressure on the board of WME to a degree, but that's not going to likely translate into Dana being fired.

That said, his ego is out of control. But that's just how he's been for awhile now.

Does anyone understand wtf is going on?

The UFC supposedly had the logistics worked out for ufc 249 to happen on schedule. Then didney + espn pulled the plug on it.

Now they are wanting to reschedule it for May 9th. How will circumstances will be different on May 9th?

Doesn't really make sense to me

WWE is still doing shows and shit, Dana just effed up with the whole indian reservation gamble.

He doesn't work for them though. They are a business partner. Depending on how you want to look at it, they maybe could be considered a customer. But he's not an employee of theirs.

They have a contract with the UFC and certainly have a ton of control when it comes to how that business operates (as they showed recently) but they can't fire what's effectively the COO of the UFC. They can put pressure on the board of WME to a degree, but that's not going to likely translate into Dana being fired.

That said, his ego is out of control. But that's just how he's been for awhile now.

I just hope he learns from his mistakes and actually gets clearance from everyone this time.

\

Planned May 9 Super Card

Tony Ferguson vs Justin Gaethje - Interim LW belt
Henry Cejudo vs Dominick Cruz - BW Belt
Amanda Nunes vs Felicia Spencer - FW Belt
Francis Ngannou vs Jair Rozenstruik
Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar
Donald Cerrone vs Anthony Pettis
Greg Hardy vs Yorgan de Castro
Alexei Oleinik vs Fabricio Werdum
Carla Esparza vs Michelle Waterson
Ronaldo 'Jacare' Souza vs Uriah Hall
Vicente Luque vs Niko Price
Charles Rosa vs Bryce Mitchell

https://www.espn.com/mma/ufc/story/...ent-dana-white-eyes-9-next-event-tbd-location

Looks like an awesome card, too bad it won’t happen.

Ferguson -vs- JG is completely moronic.

Endeavor is in serious financial trouble and they already emptied the cash reserves of the UFC by doing an absurd 90% disbursement. They turned the UFC upside down like a piggy bank and cleaned it out.

This is the result of an over leveraged company making bad decisions.

I just hope he learns from his mistakes and actually gets clearance from everyone this time.

He's a megalomaniac. I want to see fights, but he seems delusional about this entire situation. I have no hopes at all, and if he somehow pulls something off I'll be pleasantly surprised.

THE TRUTH IS HERE: Big Bob Iger is back in charge of Disney. He will NOT allow a card until it is politically correct.

Next Card: Labor Day weekend earliest. New York will not see ANY events until December at the earliest. That means that the NFL and MLB will NOT return to New York in 2020.

GOOD NEWS: ESPN is getting rid of their fight team. Dan Rafael got his obese azz fired. Everyone must take pay cuts. Many will be eliminated in the coming months.

So Mickey Mouse gave him the green light?

Just to compare the fights.

Here is UFC 249 that was going to go down this weekend before Disney pulled the plug:

Lightweight Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje
Heavyweight Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
Heavyweight Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan de Castro
Welterweight Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price
Featherweight Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar
Middleweight Ronaldo Souza vs. Uriah Hall
Lightweight Alexander Hernandez vs. Omar Antonio Morales Ferrer
Bantamweight Marlon Vera vs. Ray Borg
Light Heavyweight Ryan Spann vs. Sam Alvey
Lightweight Michael Johnson vs. Khama Worthy
Women’s Bantamweight Sijara Eubanks vs. Sarah Moras

We still have 6 of those fights (the top 6), but two added title fights, and a bunch of new fights.

The bottom five fights have been taken off the new card for May 8th.

Mickey gave the green light to WWE. Dana previously in the interview when the event got cancelled with Okamoto, he said he had another location with a Gov that was on board with an A/C. Wouldn't shock me at all if it was here in FL (specifically here in Orlando where WWE was deemed an "essential business"). If not, I'm sure he can talk to him/Trump etc and get something going so this way they can set up shop here and have shows even if they don't have fans.

Orlando happens to have more hotel rooms than any other city in the country as well so finding a place to isolate fighters for a few days shouldn't be too difficult. I know people like to shit on Dana, as do I, but, he usually delivers on these kind of things and there will definitely be some more places available in about a month's time.

Ferguson -vs- JG is completely moronic.

Endeavor is in serious financial trouble and they already emptied the cash reserves of the UFC by doing an absurd 90% disbursement. They turned the UFC upside down like a piggy bank and cleaned it out.

This is the result of an over leveraged company making bad decisions.

There's a chance someone buys the UFC for a discounted price in the next couple years.

Back