News Brian Ortega vs Yair Rodriguez 2 set for UFC Mexico, Feb. 24

Who wins this potential rematch?

• Total voters
Ortega better be careful or he might catch LukeRockhold syndrome

Lame, unnecessary, and slows the progression of the whole division down. It has been time for both of these guys to fight lower ranked opponents and give those guys a chance of climbing up the division. Somehow ortega never needs to fight lower ranked guys despite not winning a fight for years.

It seems they are still mad that Yair ducked Zabit. And they still think Ortega is a BJJ prodigy people love to see fight.

Just have a feeling that Ortega is done, Rodriguez by TKO.

I don't think his strategy of blocking punches with his face until his opponents made a mistake and gave him opening for a submission attack was built for long-term success.

Against Yair he was getting the piss beaten out of him before he finally got his takedown, and then he immediately got arm-barred? and dislocated his shoulder.

Fights 5 times in the last 5 years (3 times in the last 3, once a year), two all-time legendary beatdowns against Max + Volk, with the on-going shoulder issues kind of looks like a death-spiral to me.

Brian Ortega had a choice and this is the one he made...

<{dayum}>

Wouldn't it have made way more sense to split the privileged divas? Ortega has gotten 2 title shots already, one he didn't earn. And Yair just lost a title shot he also didn't earn. I feel like Evloev vs Ortega/Yair and Allen vs Ortega/Yair made way more sense. But hey, the UFC doesn't like making sense, they like making Mexi...Money.

ortega doesn't deserve this fight. or his ranking.

The ranking maybe not but it's the last opponent Ortega had lol. I doubt he or the UFC really view that fight as a loss, more of a fluke injury. Yair lost his last fight so it makes sense to run it back. Regardless of "who deserves what" if they are both healthy it's a great fight to see over 5 rounds, shame we missed out on it the first time so they may as well do it.

Brian needs a major step down in Competition. His confidence needs to be rebuilding

What a waste for both guys. This is why divisions don't move. Either Yair wins again and it means nothing or they are 1-1 and we might get this again rather then them fighting new blood. Who is coming up with these matches?

Back