Media Bryan Battle vs Ange Loosa No Contest GIFS

Whole thing is the refs fault

Didn’t give him his 5 minutes before asking if he could see - so stupid

Same idiot that told Amorim to stop on her submission , then said continue , then made her submit her twice

Commission needs to fire that goof
This 5 min rule exists only on paper, they always make it 1-2 minutes

I mean it wasn't a Jones outstretched fingers foul. He was going for a clinch, palms slightly up. Guy wanted out, pretty obvious. But what can you do u guess. It only makes the sport worse
If punishment occurs I bet fighters will subconsciously take more care about fingers going around the eyes

I didnt see the fight, but the eye poke is obviously bad. I like the animosity at the end, but cant tell what the uproar is all about...

Bad night for him, he's usually decent. But the 5 minutes woulda done nothing. Zilch. He wanted out no matter what. His eye was wide open and everything lolillol

You never know with an eye injury... My son had an incident and he was fine but with blurry vision.. We assumed it would pass.. An hour later we were rushing to hospital because his retina detached.

He was completely fine except the vision was blurry

Battle is acting like Loosa just jumped into a mechsuit and flew away. He stabbed the dude in the eye. If he was a real one he'd let loosa thumb him up in the socket as retribution and then continue fighting.

"listen man that dude wanted out and I should be able to continue to beat his ass, nom saying? irregardless of his competitive integrity being possibly compromised and whatever, naw m sayin?

Battle tried to crack loosa's head using his chin. that's two fouls. It just so happened that Battle's chin is softer than Loosa's cranium.

If it continued, should've been a 2 pt deduction

Battle tried to crack loosa's head using his chin. that's two fouls. It just so happened that Battle's chin is softer than Loosa's cranium.

If it continued, should've been a 2 pt deduction

Loosa was the headbutter, he came up like a Banshee. it was the most significant strike he landed, almost rocked Battle

Stiff thumb jab to the eyeball sucks.

Battle is a moron for popping off after this type of eyepoke. These things happen but own it.

Can’t believe everyone is siding with Loosa. He’s the stereotypical loser who only wants to fight and act tough when he has 8 dudes around to hold him back. Rebook it and let Battle beat his ass again and be done with it. Dude is a buffoon.

Whole thing is the refs fault

Didn’t give him his 5 minutes before asking if he could see - so stupid

Same idiot that told Amorim to stop on her submission , then said continue , then made her submit her twice

Commission needs to fire that goof

I get what you’re saying and the protocol should be to make a decision after 5 minutes. But would Loosa’s answer have been different after 5 minutes? He was aware he was outmatched and being slightly compromised in a fight where you’re unmatched is a bad choice. Not sure the ref changes the outcome.

Nice headbutt from Loosa
I agree. If anything looks intentional to me it's that ducking in and popping up with the head right away. Looked desperate and dirty. And the way he went from "I can't see" to full throttle "lets fight now that the fight's over" is pretty ridiculous. I tend to think he wanted a way out.

I agree. If anything looks intentional to me it's that ducking in and popping up with the head right away. Looked desperate and dirty. And the way he went from "I can't see" to full throttle "lets fight now that the fight's over" is pretty ridiculous. I tend to think he wanted a way out.

Battle was ducking down and Loosa was doing the opposite
Irregardless of intent, it was probably the most significant strike Loosa landed

Ange definitely looked like the Loosa here but we gotta give him some slack here. He was making executive decisions in the heat of the moment. But instead of commentators continuing to agonize over these regrettable affairs i should think that top level gyms would be training their fighters to better manage such contingencies

What really sucks is I got Battle at -150, he’ll probably be -300 in the rematch.

Battle shouldn't foul the guy and then act like a douche.. Ref waived the fight without giving him time.

Simple solution.. Rebook the fight and see what happens.
Were you able to catch the audio during the foul? Loose was already trying to get out of the fight within seconds before the doc or ref took a closer look. You know it was a foul, but many many way way worse eye pokes have been endured and with fighters winning. Its technically valid but definitely had terrible optics. I'm not gonna pretend that wasn't a blatant quit.

Battle was 100% correct though. Guy was definitely looking for a way out. Plenty of times guys with much worse eye pokes went on to win fights or be mostly unaffected. Ref fucking sucks. Was handled so fucking poorly. Should have told and given him his 5 minutes before trying to work out what was going to happen. Lisa was hamming it up with whining noises and body language big time though. Then the posturing once in a safe space was comical. Still on battle for the poke but it was a push off a clinch and he had just taken a headbutt
Some one post Matt Mitrione eye
He didn’t quit

Back