Rumored Canelo vs Bivol DAZN

I’m one of the few that seems to see Bivol being a harder fight for Canelo than Beterbiev. Either way, I hope either fight materializes or both. If canelo beats Bivol then absolutely no one of the expected contenders (Benavides,Charlo, Plant, etc) will have much of a chance baring some crazy upset.

so if he does beat bivol I hope beterbiev is next

huh? What kind of dumb logic is that. Those other fighters have wildly different styles and attributes than Bivol. He seems to be solid in every category, his style reminds me of Canelo actually, but he does not have any special skills or attributes, or advantages over Canelo apart from being a little biggerr, he is very beatable. Seems to be a decision fighter so he has no hope of beating Canelo on the cards.

Last edited:
It’s not dumb logic. I do not see any of those other fighters with a style capable of doing much to canelo while bivol on top of being bigger and stronger is actually a very slick his range, distance and speed can give canelo a lot of trouble and make it a hard fight. I don’t see plant, charlo or even Benavides (in a few years yes) doing that to canelo.

Bivol has never even been close to losing

It’s not dumb logic. I do not see any of those other fighters with a style capable of doing much to canelo while bivol on top of being bigger and stronger is actually a very slick his range, distance and speed can give canelo a lot of trouble and make it a hard fight. I don’t see plant, charlo or even Benavides (in a few years yes) doing that to canelo.

You mention distance and speed can give Canelo a lot of trouble then conclude the fighter with 5 inches more reach, than bivol ,2 inchers taller, and faster is less of a threat. You literally make no sense. Try again.

Considering who he has fought I would hope not. He also has not stopped anyone in 3 years, so good luck beating Canelo on points. This is a good fight for Canelo imo.

You mention distance and speed can give Canelo a lot of trouble then conclude the fighter with 5 inches more reach, than bivol ,2 inchers taller, and faster is less of a threat. You literally make no sense. Try again.

Considering who he has fought I would hope not. He also has not stopped anyone in 3 years, so good luck beating Canelo on points. This is a good fight for Canelo imo.

Just being bigger doesn’t mean you are a better boxer, Benavides gets hit a lot with that style. Bivol actually boxes. Very different fighters. Bivol may not have stopped anyone lately but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have power. It would be a big mistake to asume that

Just being bigger doesn’t mean you are a better boxer, Benavides gets hit a lot with that style. Bivol actually boxes. Very different fighters. Bivol may not have stopped anyone lately but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have power. It would be a big mistake to asume that

The argument is not who is a better boxer. The argument is you denying that Benavidez brings a totally different style and tools to the fight vs Canelo which means you claiming 'If he beats Bivol' the rest of 168 should not even bother' ridiculous. Its also becoming silly how the myth is being pushed that Benavidez can't box well and is a punching bag. He has a great jab and mixes up his body shots and combinations very well.

Imagine calling Bivol a cherry pick. Get a god damn grip.

Giving him less than 6 weeks plus getting him to come down a weight class ?

Yeah, a cherry pick.

Another catchweight?!
Yo fuck this shit show.......

Ol....it’s not even a catch weight. It’s at super middle. If he wants that dough (which every 3rd world professional does) he needs to step down and cut an arm off.

He will.
He’s young, dumb and needs that payday.

Ol....it’s not even a catch weight. It’s at super middle. If he wants that dough (which every 3rd world professional does) he needs to step down and cut an arm off.

He will.
He’s young, dumb and needs that payday.
That is so fucked up…
Oh well, money makes the world go round.
It was a sad day for boxing when sam washington sold his soul to the devil to become a boxer, the firy pits of hell turned his hair red.

Last edited:
Another catchweight?!
Yo fuck this shit show…

https://www.boxing247.com/boxing-news/184274/184274

Nobody should.
Looks like I was wrong, Canelo will take the fight after all... as long as Bivol cuts to 155, can't rehydrate, wears a blindfold in the ring, doesn't throw jabs for the first 6 rounds and gives up on his purse if he happens to win.

It's laughable how Clenbunelo fans delude themselves into thinking their hero stands a chance when Clenbunelo himself is scared shitless.

I wish Plant, Bivol, Beterbiev and all other top contenders at 168/175 — along with their handlers and promoters — would just fucking collude to shut Canelo out for this cherry picking catch weight non-sense.

They could do it if they wanted to.

It was bad for the sport when Floyd did it. It’s bad for the sport now that Canelo is doing it. Period!!!

I have no interest in a catch weight Bivol fight. None. And I don’t care that Bivol is willing to whore himself out to Canelo at 170 for a career high payday. I mean I get it... MONEY!!!

But it’s in the best interest of the sport that Canelo unifies at 168 before jumping to 175 and taking on Bivol, Smith Jr, and Beterbiev.

But that’s not what we’re going to get. We’re going to get some Frankenstein catch weight matchups so that Canelo can call himself the p4p whatever the fuck.

Again: it was a joke when Floyd did it. It’s a joke now.

Now all you Canelo bootlickers feel free to chime in with your poorly reasoned retorts

Looks like I was wrong, Canelo will take the fight after all... as long as Bivol cuts to 155, can't rehydrate, wears a blindfold in the ring, doesn't throw jabs for the first 6 rounds and gives up on his purse if he happens to win.

It's laughable how Clenbunelo fans delude themselves into thinking their hero stands a chance when Clenbunelo himself is scared shitless.
Show me on the doll where Canelo touched you.
R.dd43c6d3b60b14bc5c022003b0d9e041

I wish Plant, Bivol, Beterbiev and all other top contenders at 168/175 — along with their handlers and promoters — would just fucking collude to shut Canelo out for this cherry picking catch weight non-sense.

It was bad for the sport when Floyd did it. It’s bad for the sport now that Canelo is doing it. Period!!!

I have no interest in a catch weight Bivol fight. None. And I don’t care that Bivol is willing to whore himself out to Canelo at 170 for a career high payday. I mean I get it... MONEY!!!

But it’s in the best interest of the sport that Canelo unifies at 168 and then jumps to 175 and beats Bivol, Smith Jr, Beterbiev.

But that’s not what we’re going to get. We’re going to get some Frankenstein catch weight matchups so that Canelo can call himself the p4p whatever the fuck.

Now all you Canelo bootlickers feel free to chime in with your poorly reasoned retorts
It is so wrong of Canelo to make these guys sign contracts for gigantic paydays. Its too bad there's no way to not fight Canelo if they don't want to.

Show me on the doll where Canelo touched you.
R.dd43c6d3b60b14bc5c022003b0d9e041
Where didn’t he touch, that thing ginger all over.

But it’s in the best interest of the sport that Canelo unifies at 168 before jumping to 175 and taking on Bivol, Smith Jr, and Beterbiev.

This kind hippie communist mumbo jumbo gave birth to terrorists like the unibomber.

https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/b...e-unabomber-manifesto-by-brett-a.-barnett.pdf

It is so wrong of Canelo to make these guys sign contracts for gigantic paydays. Its too bad there's no way to not fight Canelo if they don't want to.

Boom!!! Right on cue. What did i say?

I’m not blaming dudes for jumping through hoops in order secure life changing money.

Im saying that having guys agree to catch weights, fights on short notice, and other nonsense dictates that are inherently UNCOMPETITIVE , is bad for boxing.

It makes for less competitive fights. It’s worse for the consumer. You. Me. All of us.

But again. If all you care about is being a human dingleberry off of Canelos red headed nutsack than fine. I’m not going to change your opinion.

The only fighters I’m ever, ever, wedded to are Puerto Rican. Everybody else I don’t give a damn.

I just want to see the best, most competitive fights.

Catch weights don’t cut it for me. But maybe your standards are lower than mine. Fair play to you

Yeah, I too will not watch such predictable fight.

Sadly despite all these fans talks about legacy, pride, honor etc like things professional boxing is to make money. Like pubs, restaurants, cinema business etc.

I once had hired opinion about professional boxing from one guy who never had followed boxing: " big fights are when rich ppl are punching each other in the face, ppl are watching this and placing their betting stakes ".
I now think that he was more smart than ppl who are so called hardcore fans.

All they fight for $ and legacy, pride etc like stuff is utter nonsense, stuff in fans dreams.

The argument is not who is a better boxer. The argument is you denying that Benavidez brings a totally different style and tools to the fight vs Canelo which means you claiming 'If he beats Bivol' the rest of 168 should not even bother' ridiculous. Its also becoming silly how the myth is being pushed that Benavidez can't box well and is a punching bag. He has a great jab and mixes up his body shots and combinations very well.

well I actually stand by this. If canelo were to beat bivol, he would then beat those other contenders, Benavides included. I think Benavides could go on to become a monster but he is too young, I’d rather wait for canelo to fight him in a few years so that we can get the best possible fight.

Not gonna lie, my excitement was a bit tempered by the rumor of Bivol dropping down but this is still a damn good fight and I think Bivol can make the weight without issue.

Back