Media Cedric Doumbe claims to be "the face of MMA" in France over BSD / Gane

He'll end up in UFC eventually anyways so what does it matter
But will he really ? He's so high with his "I'm the best" etc, shtick, that I fear that he'll be more comfortable in that big fish/small pond situation in the PFL, earning probably a lot more money than he ever would in the UFC, rather than getting exposed against the first decent UFC fighter for 20k.
Note that I'm strictly talking about MMA, because that's what he's doing right now. I do have a lot of respect for his fighting career.

Last time I heard, he had a 10 minutes meltdown on camera because he got roughed up a bit in sparring.
There are worse guys than him, but no wonder why I go out of my way to go on English-speaking forums when this guy is the pinnacle of French MMA shows lol.

Seriously, got nothing against him. But it shows that we've got a long way to go when it comes to having a real MMA culture in France, even if the guy probably does his part.
I mean I like Greg. What you're referencing was a boxing session with Bakary Samake and Bakary did rough him up to be fair. But to be fair Greg also roughed up a lot of beginners so no complaints on my side lol.

I think we've got a pretty good mma culture comparatively to our western europeans neighbors. Spain and Germany can't compare to us in term of popularity of mma in their countries and the only one that's neck and neck with us is the UK which has had 15 years of advance on us. We're getting there

Gane and BSD are more concerned about fighting top tier opponents at MSG and the T-Mobile.

Baki is pretty damn good, he's 23 and likely beats half the WW roster in the UFC, maybe closer to 3/4ths even. Baki and Samandar are arguably the two best WW prospects in the world under 26.

Un peu quand même...
yes he did. Nobody would have heard of baki without doumbe. Baki can't fill an arena without doumbe even if he wins this fight, while cedric might do it again with a different name.
D'ou il a vendu ca solo? T'es un ouf toi hahaha. The FIGHT sold the 20 000 places. Remember me how fast the places for Doumbe vs Zebo were sold out? Nobody remember, because it wasn't that fast....
If Doumbe would have fought ANYONE else than Baki, the fight wouldn't have been sold out that fast. You're delusinnal if you dont understand that...

Last edited:
D'ou il a vendu ca solo? T'es un ouf toi hahaha. The FIGHT sold the 20 000 places. Remember me how fast the places for Doumbe vs Zebo were sold out? Nobody remember, because it wasn't that fast....
If Doumbe would have fought ANYONE else than Baki, the fight wouldn't have been sold out that fast. You're delusinnal if you dont understand that...

Ok genius 👍

Well, let's do some simple math. 1)How many main-event baki's been in during his short career ? only once in the ARES 16 which took place in the dôme of paris. Did the event was built around his name alone? No. How many real big arena has he been fighting in ? None. Doumbe ? plenty.

2) the doumbe/zebo fight took place in a packed zenith which is still 2 times bigger than the dôme, an event that was big enough to have football superstars, famous singers and actors in the attendance...I guess doumbe has something to do with all that considering he was fighting an absolute unknown.

3)You do realize the next doumbe fight is the logical follow-up of his last fight and all the work he's done so far to hype himself up..right ? Yes the storyline between both fighters has something to do with the succes of the sales, i'll give you that. But don't pretend Baki is some sort of big thing, without doumbe no one would have heard of him. And let's say doumbe wins this i'm pretty sure he'll do it again.

Ok genius 👍

Well, let's do some simple math. 1)How many main-event baki's been in during his short career ? only once in the ARES 16 which took place in the dôme of paris. Did the event was built around his name alone? No. How many real big arena has he been fighting in ? None. Doumbe ? plenty.

2) the doumbe/zebo fight took place in a packed zenith which is still 2 times bigger than the dôme, an event that was big enough to have football superstars, famous singers and actors in the attendance...I guess doumbe has something to do with all that considering he was fighting an absolute unknown.

3)You do realize the next doumbe fight is the logical follow-up of his last fight and all the work he's done so far to hype himself up..right ? Yes the storyline between both fighters has something to do with the succes of the sales, i'll give you that. But don't pretend Baki is some sort of big thing, without doumbe no one would have heard of him. And let's say doumbe wins this i'm pretty sure he'll do it again.
Never said that.

1)how many MMA event Doumbe sold ? Are you serious? <LikeReally5>
2) Didnt sold in 20min. That was his argument, dont you remember? <BC1>

3) Again, never said that. I've said it's the FIGHT that sold, a fight, generally, is between two gentlemen. Do you understand that, "genius"? <seedat>

I think we've got a pretty good mma culture comparatively to our western europeans neighbors. Spain and Germany can't compare to us in term of popularity of mma in their countries and the only one that's neck and neck with us is the UK which has had 15 years of advance on us. We're getting there
Fair enough.

@Koya What's certain is that with all those up-and-comers, mixed with big names like Gane, BSD... the future looks bright for French MMA ; the number of people interested in MMA will rise accordingly ; I swear, if we were, somehow, curling world champions, the sport would become ultra popular the very next day lmao.

Have you seen him fight? The kids trips are insane.

Yeah, I watched his last two fights, but he was only fighting cans I was not impressed, I see the potential, but he's too raw. Too bad he missed weight against Felix.

Never said that.

1)how many MMA event Doumbe sold ? Are you serious? <LikeReally5>
2) Didnt sold in 20min. That was his argument, dont you remember? <BC1>

3) Again, never said that. I've said it's the FIGHT that sold, a fight, generally, is between two gentlemen. Do you understand that, "genius"? <seedat>
1) you realize selling MMA event means nothing right ?
But didn't Doumbè was the main event in the zenith ? Who dragged all these famous people in there ?Zebo ? Lopez ?....Baki ?

2) 20mn 2hrs 20 days...who cares ? Right now the arena's filled right ?

3)You can spin it every way you want..unless you have arguments, but you have none. I have no emotional involvement in either fighter i'm just spiting cold facts.

1) you realize selling MMA event means nothing right ?
But didn't Doumbè was the main event in the zenith ? Who dragged all these famous people in there ?Zebo ? Lopez ?....Baki ?

2) 20mn 2hrs 20 days...who cares ? Right now the arena's filled right ?

3)You can spin it every way you want..unless you have arguments, but you have none. I have no emotional involvement in either fighter i'm just spiting cold facts.
1) Totally agreee, selling MMA event means nothing. Say that to Cedric, his argument is totally invalid <BC1>
2) Again, Cedric Cares. T'en a pas marre des CSC ma gueule ?
3) You should re read. You lost the debate.

" I have no emotional involvement in either fighter i'm just spiting cold facts." Why do you even bring that to the debate hahaha ? It's totally irrelevant, but i'm glad to know that you're not a stupid fan. I don't care neither of Doumbe or Baki. Just facts too.

1) Totally agreee, selling MMA event means nothing. Say that to Cedric, his argument is totally invalid <BC1>
2) Again, Cedric Cares. T'en a pas marre des CSC ma gueule ?
3) You should re read. You lost the debate.

" I have no emotional involvement in either fighter i'm just spiting cold facts." Why do you even bring that to the debate hahaha ? It's totally irrelevant, but i'm glad to know that you're not a stupid fan. I don't care neither of Doumbe or Baki. Just facts too.
Daaaam you ugly stupid🤦‍♂️
"invalid, you lost the debate, irrelevant, no, never said that, stupid gif, ...."

Bway Is that your so called winning a debate arsenal ? Any argument ? Nope. Any constructive thoughts ? Nope. Critical mind ? Nope. Loser ? yep
🎼Everybody got choices🎼🎤

Daaaam you ugly stupid🤦‍♂️
"invalid, you lost the debate, irrelevant, no, never said that, stupid gif, ...."

Bway Is that your so called winning a debate arsenal ? Any argument ? Nope. Any constructive thoughts ? Nope. Critical mind ? Nope. Loser ? yep
🎼Everybody got choices🎼🎤
Not my fault if you cant understand a single argument [<cena1}

<{cruzshake}>

Doumbe won't have any answer for Baki's trips. Dude has the best trips in the sport.
Intersting that doumbe is training with Karl Amoussou who is also a high level judoka with exceptionnal trips. Could not find a better sparring to prepare for that.

Also, he needs to get close and Doumbe has a massive reach advantage. He is going to eat stiff jabs on his way in.

Back