Charles Barkley vs Draymond Green

How many games has Green and two other all stars missed this year? Further, the warriors traded away most of their remaining assets to get under the repeater tax. They completely threw in the towel for the season. Barkley had chances to win a title on some pretty good teams and couldn't get it done. Green is a proven winner. How many times did Barkley make the finals even?

Green has a better floor game than Barkley. He is more of a glue guy, holds team together by doing the little things. Barkley is more of a physical anomaly while Green's basketball genius is on the mental side. Both are great players.
So you are saying green is a winner when he has other all stars on his team? And green missed a lot of games this year. many of them because he is not a "winner" and when he isn't "winning," he doesn't give a shit. and when he is in the game, his effort is not there. Hardly winner characteristics. a "winner" would have put the team on his back and made it at least respectable.

Barkley was on some "pretty good teams." green was always on the best teams. He never elevated anyone or anything. he was along for the ride and prospered when others were leading

So you are saying green is a winner when he has other all stars on his team? And green missed a lot of games this year. many of them because he is not a "winner" and when he isn't "winning," he doesn't give a shit. and when he is in the game, his effort is not there. Hardly winner characteristics. a "winner" would have put the team on his back and made it at least respectable.

Barkley was on some "pretty good teams." green was always on the best teams. He never elevated anyone or anything. he was along for the ride and prospered when others were leading
The Warriors would have won titles without him.

I'd suggest that if Barkley had Green on his team in Phoenix he just might have a ring. Green won defensive player of the year which made everyone on that team better. As for Green always being "on the best team" even Barkley himself said back in 2014-15 that the Warriors couldn't win a championship with the roster they had.

I don't blame you for not recognizing the strength of Green's game, it's subtle and most people don't grasp the nuances to the game.

I'd suggest that if Barkley had Green on his team in Phoenix he just might have a ring. Green won defensive player of the year which made everyone on that team better. As for Green always being "on the best team" even Barkley himself said back in 2014-15 that the Warriors couldn't win a championship with the roster they had.

I don't blame you for not recognizing the strength of Green's game, it's subtle and most people don't grasp the nuances to the game.
Yes, I am not as educated as you for sure. I think I get it now. when green is on a great team, he is a winner. when his team sucks, it isn't his fault. Actually, he sounds a lot like God in that respect

Green makes no one better. He was allowed to pad his stats enough with 3 All-Stars (including 2 MVPs) around him to make it look like he contributed to the team. He didn't. I work with people with developmental disabilities. One of my clients could have stepped in for him the last 5 seasons and they'd have the same number of titles. LMAO at +/-. I guess Danny Green was more valuable than Kawhi was in the Finals.

Defensive awards in the NBA are bullshit. That's how Kobe ended up on the All-NBA defensive team for 15 years despite the fact he stopped playing defense in 2008. It's 100% a popularity contest these days. Gaymond wouldn't have received votes for DPOY (much less won the award) playing for any other team in the league.

He's not a rim protector. He doesn't get a lot of steals. He isn't even a competent wing defender unless against slow, awkward forwards. He's not a great rebounder. He picks up stupid fouls and really stupid techs, which don't help your defense. And when he isn't surrounded by amazing talent, his defensive rating and other advanced stats go into the toilet.

Gaymond's 'legacy' is 100% a product of playing on the best team of the past decade.

Defensive awards in the NBA are bullshit. That's how Kobe ended up on the All-NBA defensive team for 15 years despite the fact he stopped playing defense in 2008. It's 100% a popularity contest these days. Gaymond wouldn't have received votes for DPOY (much less won the award) playing for any other team in the league.

He's not a rim protector. He doesn't get a lot of steals. He isn't even a competent wing defender unless against slow, awkward forwards. He's not a great rebounder. He picks up stupid fouls and really stupid techs, which don't help your defense. And when he isn't surrounded by amazing talent, his defensive rating and other advanced stats go into the toilet.

Gaymond's 'legacy' is 100% a product of playing on the best team of the past decade.
This dude laughs and shits on Gaymond's "defense"

EDIT:
And before some fuckboi says "oh but he played with Pippen and Jordan" need I fucking remind you he played with Detroit when they ripped the Celtics dynasty down over the course of 5 years?

All you need to do with Gaymond is ask this question "would the Warriors have won titles/contended without him?"

The answer is yes.

Chuck >>>>> Gaymond

Chuck is more likeable and didn't keep kicking Adams in the junk too.

This dude laughs and shits on Gaymond's "defense"

Oh God, when Gaymond fanboys try to compare him to Rodman I literally get sick to my stomach. There isn't even the slightest comparison between the 2. Rodman was 100x the athlete Gaymond is, which allowed him to be a DPOY (when the award meant something) as a wing player and then become the best defensive big in the game. All while being the best rebounder ever (for morons who don't get it, securing rebounds helps a lot on defense, shutting down possessions). Draymond is like the amateur version of Rodman at every facet of defense.

Oh God, when Gaymond fanboys try to compare him to Rodman I literally get sick to my stomach. There isn't even the slightest comparison between the 2. Rodman was 100x the athlete Gaymond is, which allowed him to be a DPOY (when the award meant something) as a wing player and then become the best defensive big in the game. All while being the best rebounder ever (for morons who don't get it, securing rebounds helps a lot on defense, shutting down possessions). Draymond is like the amateur version of Rodman at every facet of defense.
Rodman also never backed down from fights or getting in people’s faces. Chuck too. Gaymond is an antagonizer but as soon as someone steps he runs behind a zebra like a bitch

I watched Pascal Siakam shit on Gaymod through the whole Finals last year. Siakam has gotten better as his career has gone on, but bitch please. Rodman could handle Shaq 1-on-1 and give him fits. He could limit, Hakeem. Gaymond got shit on by Siakam. Lol.

I watched Pascal Siakam shit on Gaymod through the whole Finals last year. Siakam has gotten better as his career has gone on, but bitch please. Rodman could handle Shaq 1-on-1 and give him fits. He could limit, Hakeem. Gaymond got shit on by Siakam. Lol.

And Rodman on Shaq... Rodman gave up size and still held his own. And this was athletic pre-millions of injuries Shaq.

Yes, I am not as educated as you for sure. I think I get it now. when green is on a great team, he is a winner. when his team sucks, it isn't his fault. Actually, he sounds a lot like God in that respect

So by your own logic Barkley was never a winner.

I need to remember not to discuss things with idiots.

So by your own logic Barkley was never a winner.

I need to remember not to discuss things with idiots.
Do you think Trent Dilfer is as good a QB as Aaron Rodgers cause they have the same amount of Super Bowl rings?

Do you think that Felix Hernandez isn't as good a pitcher as Joe Kelly cause Felix doesn't have any rings?

Do you think that Eli Manning is a better QB than Brett Favre or Drew Brees?

Calling Gaymond a 'winner' is like saying Ron Harper was a 'winner'. Ron Harper was a solid role player when he did his winning, same as Gaymond. They're actually very comparable players in terms of value on their winning teams. Only when Harper was on shitty teams he put up real numbers, he didn't fall into obscurity because he wasn't being carried.

Calling Gaymond a 'winner' is like saying Ron Harper was a 'winner'. Ron Harper was a solid role player when he did his winning, same as Gaymond. They're actually very comparable players in terms of value on their winning teams. Only when Harper was on shitty teams he put up real numbers, he didn't fall into obscurity because he wasn't being carried.
Legit the only thing I will remember Gaymond for:

Guy is lucky he isn't playing in the same era as Shaq, Chuck, Rodman, and others like the tail end of Bird's years. Dude would have gotten his ASS kicked.

Do you think Trent Dilfer is as good a QB as Aaron Rodgers cause they have the same amount of Super Bowl rings?

Do you think that Felix Hernandez isn't as good a pitcher as Joe Kelly cause Felix doesn't have any rings?

Do you think that Eli Manning is a better QB than Brett Favre or Drew Brees?

Hahaha. Do you think Green has more rings than Barkley? No knock on Barkley, I've always been a big fan of his game. I enjoyed watching him at Auburn and throughout his career and he is a heck of a commentator. Seen him play in person numerous times.

The sage observer has real appreciation for Green's game, doesn't mean he is better than Barkley but Green's a winner.

The problem is Green isn't a winner cause of Green. He's a winner because of:
- Steve Kerr
- Steph Curry
- Klay Thompson
- KEVIN FUCKING DURANT

Hahaha. Do you think Green has more rings than Barkley? No knock on Barkley, I've always been a big fan of his game. I enjoyed watching him at Auburn and throughout his career and he is a heck of a commentator. Seen him play in person numerous times.

The sage observer has real appreciation for Green's game, doesn't mean he is better than Barkley but Green's a winner.
There is nothing sage about over-valuing a role player on a great team. No one would know who he was if he spent his career in Sacramento and the Kings wouldn't be any better than the shit-tier team they are with him. He's Rick Fox, Ron Harper, Robert Horry. That level of importance. Brought those teams something they needed, but completely replaceable all the same.

There is nothing sage about over-valuing a role player on a great team. No one would know who he was if he spent his career in Sacramento and the Kings wouldn't be any better than the shit-tier team they are with him. He's Rick Fox, Ron Harper, Robert Horry. That level of importance. Brought those teams something they needed, but completely replaceable all the same.

Lol! You are comparing Green to Fox? Dang you really don't understand the game.

Back