Charles Barkley vs Draymond Green

Lol! You are comparing Green to Fox? Dang you really don't understand the game.
No, Fox would never act like such a bitch that he would get himself suspended in the Finals. But on court value was about even.

No, Fox would never act like such a bitch that he would get himself suspended in the Finals. But on court value was about even.

Come on, it's okay not to like Green but don't ly to yourself. Green has an all around game that helps his team in many ways. I think he stats for the 15-16 season were some of the best the league has ever seen. The Dubs were 73-9 and it was before Durant joined the team. Green had one of the greatest years in league history.

Come on, it's okay not to like Green but don't ly to yourself. Green has an all around game that helps his team in many ways. I think he stats for the 15-16 season were some of the best the league has ever seen. The Dubs were 73-9 and it was before Durant joined the team. Green had one of the greatest years in league history.
LMAO at regular season. Especially in the year they choked the Finals away up 3-1 because Draymond got himself suspended. And even then, no they weren't.

So by your own logic Barkley was never a winner.

I need to remember not to discuss things with idiots.
he was a winner. by your logic Robert horry must be the goat. you aren't a winner because you were a 4th component of a phenomenal team. you can be a winner without necessarily winning a title. but if that is the standard, he won a gold medal then. and by your standards, I guess he can claim that he won that gold medal all by himself. if green were a winner, he could have lifted the warriors to respectability this year. they could have been a 500 team. instead, when he didn't have kd, steph and company around, he quit on his team

he was a winner. by your logic Robert horry must be the goat. you aren't a winner because you were a 4th component of a phenomenal team. you can be a winner without necessarily winning a title. but if that is the standard, he won a gold medal then. and by your standards, I guess he can claim that he won that gold medal all by himself. if green were a winner, he could have lifted the warriors to respectability this year. they could have been a 500 team. instead, when he didn't have kd, steph and company around, he quit on his team

Green had one of the best seasons in NBA history in 2015-16, before Durant showed up. He had one of the best seasons by any player in league history.

Sorry if you can't understand his game or basketball in general. People that grasp the game get it.

The Warriors would have won titles without him.
giphy.gif

Draymond Green is as important to the Warriors as Stephen Curry
Without Draymond, the Warriors aren't The Warriors.
Nov. 2015
Sportsnation said:
The Warriors small lineup destroys everyone because of Green
So far this season, the Warriors' dynamic super-small lineup -- Curry and Klay Thompson in the backcourt, Andre Iguodala and Harrison Barnes at the forward spots and Green at center -- have outscored teams by 60 points in 48 minutes played together, per NBA.com's stats page. The lineup has an effective field goal percentage of 76.2 percent and opponents have an effective field goal percentage of 44.6 percent against it. The efficiency differential is more than 60 points per 100 possessions. That's unfair.

The craziest part is that it's no fluke, because this lineup did similar damage last season. That unit outscored opponents by 42 points in 102 minutes in the regular season last year and 38 in 111 minutes in the playoffs. The Warriors famously trounced the Cavaliers in the NBA Finals once they made it their starting lineup before Game 4...

Traditional stats can't capture defensive impact, but the Warriors are five points better per 100 possessions on that end with him on the court as opposed to off. He's among the best in the league in defensive rating, defensive win shares and defensive box plus minus. Tune in to any Warriors game and the eye test will confirm what the numbers suggest. There's a reason Green finished second for Defensive Player of the Year last season trailing only Kawhi Leonard.

Klay Thompson puts big scoring numbers, Harrison Barnes is the young gem and Andre Iguodala has a Finals MVP to show his worth, but they can't come close to approach the overall impact Green has. Only Curry can make that claim.
Last year they could have won without him if everyone else was healthy, and in 2018 they could have won without him. From 2015-2017 there's no question they wouldn't have won without him, and this bears out in all the team point differential stats for when he was off the floor. He's been deteriorating as a lynchpin, certainly, but their 3-year peak reflected his own, and that isn't a coincidence.

The Warriors turned into a Kardashian sister in an NBA locker room when Draymond wasn't on the floor. Everything and every hole was open for business to everyone. Simultaneously, on the offensive end, tons of second chances dried up, even if he wasn't the one grabbing a rebound, and so did that seamless flow of passing that made them such a pleasure to watch.

It's criminal how underappreciated Draymond has become.

Green had one of the best seasons in NBA history in 2015-16, before Durant showed up. He had one of the best seasons by any player in league history.

Sorry if you can't understand his game or basketball in general. People that grasp the game get it.
True. My bad. He averaged 14 points a game, under 10 rebounds and under 50% from the floor as an inside player. Those numbers are unheard of!

Bottom line, Green is a good, not great player. He quit on his team this year rather than try to elevate them. He is an asshole who has a bad attitude and that has cost his team on more than one occasion. If he were on literally any other team besides the Warriors, he would be just another guy. No all star appearances, no nothing. the only difference is his bad attitude would not have been tolerated

True. My bad. He averaged 14 points a game, under 10 rebounds and under 50% from the floor as an inside player. Those numbers are unheard of!

Bottom line, Green is a good, not great player. He quit on his team this year rather than try to elevate them. He is an asshole who has a bad attitude and that has cost his team on more than one occasion. If he were on literally any other team besides the Warriors, he would be just another guy. No all star appearances, no nothing. the only difference is his bad attitude would not have been tolerated
LOL.

I mean, sure, if we ignore the fact that Warriors offense dropped from 119.7pts to 106.2 pts per 100 possessions while the defense allowed just 101.1 pts instead of 113.5 pts when he was on/off the floor, resulting in a +26.0 differential due to his presence, your shallow analysis wouldn't be shit.

But it did, so it is. Your analysis, that is. It's shit.

Green had the best plus/minus in the history of the league in the 15-16 season. A better year than James, Jordan or anyone else ever had. Ever.

To not appreciate Green's game shows a lack of understanding for the game of basketball.

How many games has Green and two other all stars missed this year? Further, the warriors traded away most of their remaining assets to get under the repeater tax. They completely threw in the towel for the season. Barkley had chances to win a title on some pretty good teams and couldn't get it done. Green is a proven winner. How many times did Barkley make the finals even?

Green has a better floor game than Barkley. He is more of a glue guy, holds team together by doing the little things. Barkley is more of a physical anomaly while Green's basketball genius is on the mental side. Both are great players.
Not a genius

He's a glorified mario elie

Not a genius

He's a glorified mario elie

As I mentioned earlier, Green had the best plus/minus in the history of the league in the 15-16 season. A better year than James, Jordan or anyone else ever had. Ever.

To not appreciate Green's game shows a lack of fundamental understanding of the game of basketball. You comment above screams ignorance.

I'd suggest that if Barkley had Green as a teammate he might have a few rings.

As I mentioned earlier, Green had the best plus/minus in the history of the league in the 15-16 season. A better year than James, Jordan or anyone else ever had. Ever.

To not appreciate Green's game shows a lack of fundamental understanding of the game of basketball. You comment above screams ignorance.

I'd suggest that if Barkley had Green as a teammate he might have a few rings.

lmao @ all of this.

What a shit take, Green sucks and anyone with two eyeballs knows he sucks.

Green is a cog in the machine. He's found the perfect home for his talents, but he's not a great player. If your winning comes with you being the 3rd or 4th best player on your team I don't think you can call yourself a "winner" independently. This year was his opportunity to prove how good he really is. Anyone who wasn't aware before now knows that he's only successful when he can work off superstars. All of the subleties & nuances to his game are made possible by playing with superstars. He knows his role, & that's to be commended, but a role player is all he is.

Lmao at falling back on +/-. That is a team based stat. The league leader in +/- is ALWAYS from one of the best teams. How is Gaymond's +/- this year?

He is a role player who fit the most talented team ever well. Horace Grant was as valuable to the Bulls.

Lmao at falling back on +/-. That is a team based stat. The league leader in +/- is ALWAYS from one of the best teams. How is Gaymond's +/- this year?

He is a role player who fit the most talented team ever well. Horace Grant was as valuable to the Bulls.

Haha, when statistics don't back up your position just ignore them.

Why was Green's +/- better than anyone else in history? There have been numerous good teams with players like Jordan, Johnson, Curry, Durant, James and Bird. How was Green able to get a better +/- than any of these players? They were on some great teams.

Clearly you are not the only poster here that struggles to understand the nuances to the game.

The team had the best record ever. How do you not understand this link?

I notice you ignore the fact his +/- this year is dog shit. What a winner.

I love when people who clearly never played this game try to talk to me about understanding its nuances.

Barkley's fatass in his prime would have 21-0'd gheymond with hilarious ease

Why was Green's +/- better than anyone else in history? There have been numerous good teams with players like Jordan, Johnson, Curry, Durant, James and Bird. How was Green able to get a better +/- than any of these players? They were on some great teams.

Because he played on the winningest team in NBA history, with arguably the two greatest shooters in NBA history, one of whom was the NBA's leading scorer & MVP, on the highest scoring team in the NBA.

I bet there were multiple Warriors from that era right behind Green on the list. & if you look at 'real plus minus' (which accounts for context) you'll find that Green was 8th that year.

Greens career stats:

PPG - 9.0
APG - 5.0
RPG - 6.9
BPG - 1.1
SPG - 1.4

Sir Charles:

PPG - 22.1
APG - 3.9
RPG - 11.7
BPG - 0.8
SPG - 1.5

Green got lucky to play with a ton of elite talent, Barkley did not for those who say but but but Green has rings.

You have to either love Green or despise Charles to think there's even a comparison between the two legacy-wise.

Back