International Climate Change Deniers...

More co2 is good for the world, not bad like the climate grifters want you to believe.

Climate change threads are some of my favorite threads here if for nothing else than to see people trying to argue with @dirtypablo when they obviously have no idea what they're talking about. He'll tell them over and over where they can find the information but they'll ignore it and keep blindly arguing. It's amusing for me but must be frustrating for him

It's frustrating for the rest of us to see the climate change guys not recognize the scam when it's right in front of our faces.

Rich elites fly their private jets to a conference each year where they discuss how people like you and I need to change the way we live in order to save the earth.

How people don't see through that is fascinating to me.

It's frustrating for the rest of us to see the climate change guys not recognize the scam when it's right in front of our faces.

Rich elites fly their private jets to a conference each year where they discuss how people like you and I need to change the way we live in order to save the earth.

What does hypocrisy on the part of politician have to do with what science is saying is happening? You're conflating two different issues

What does hypocrisy on the part of politician have to do with what science is saying is happening? You're conflating two different issues

I'm not denying that it is happening. I'm denying that we are at DEFCON 1 and need all hands on deck in order to take one for the team to save the planet.

Never waste a crisis, right? What the elites have done is noticed that the earth is getting warmer due to the obvious and are now running a scam on us in order to profit from it. They personally aren't going to change their habits. They've proven that. They want us to change our habits.

Have you ever created and ran an oil refinery? Have you ever dumped tons of toxic chemicals in a river? Do you burn tons of coal and spill thousands of gallons of oil in the ocean? No, you just live in the world you are presented. They've done all that, not us.

They profit off the pollution and now they're profiting off of the anti pollution. Their lives don't change one bit but your life does because it's up to you to make the sacrifices necessary to ensure we don't all die.

Isn't the scam obvious?

This is because you're apparently incapable of thinking with any degree of nuance, and need to reduce highly complex topics with many variables into simple binary ones. Just because the elites are contributing to the problem the most as individuals doesn't mean it's not a real problem.

You're not John Kerry, and neither are 99.9% of people. The effects of his private plane isn't what's driving the problem, it's the actions of the majority and the industrial infrastructure of civilization as a whole.

Of course, the same guys in these threads bitching about the elites are the ones who defend them elsewhere and fight against any measure to hold them accountable for their actions or make them pay their fair share. I'd love to tax billionaires out of existence, would you?

I'm not denying that it is happening. I'm denying that we are at DEFCON 1 and need all hands on deck in order to take one for the team to save the planet.

Never waste a crisis, right? What the elites have done is noticed that the earth is getting warmer due to the obvious and are now running a scam on us in order to profit from it. They personally aren't going to change their habits. They've proven that. They want us to change our habits.

Have you ever created and ran an oil refinery? Have you ever dumped tons of toxic chemicals in a river? Do you burn tons of coal and spill thousands of gallons of oil in the ocean? No, you just live in the world you are presented. They've done all that, not us.

They profit off the pollution and now they're profiting off of the anti pollution. Their lives don't change one bit but your life does because it's up to you to make the sacrifices necessary to ensure we don't all die.

Isn't the scam obvious?
You're still conflating two separate issues. Your issue is with the hypocrisy of the whole thing which is totally understandable and valid but that doesn't mean that all the scientific studies are lying and that nothing is happening to the environment because of humans. I get being skeptical but I find it hard to believe that man made climate change is some giant for profit hoax. I'm sure there are people out there using it as a way to make money but to say the whole thing is a scam is pretty strong in my opinion.

Climate change threads are some of my favorite threads here if for nothing else than to see people trying to argue with @dirtypablo when they obviously have no idea what they're talking about. He'll tell them over and over where they can find the information but they'll ignore it and keep blindly arguing. It's amusing for me but must be frustrating for him

There's more than a handful of guys who post good content in these threads, but the majority of it goes ignored. The really strange thing is that so many of these guys speak with such confidence while simultaneously being completely ignorant to the state of the science on this subject. So many of the big picture questions on this topic have been solved - there's an endless amount of details to be investigated, but the big picture is quite well understood and has been for some time.

This is because you're apparently incapable of thinking with any degree of nuance, and need to reduce highly complex topics with many variables into simple binary ones. Just because the elites are contributing to the problem the most as individuals doesn't mean it's not a real problem.

You're not John Kerry, and neither are 99.9% of people. The effects of his private plane isn't what's driving the problem, it's the actions of the majority and the industrial infrastructure of civilization as a whole.

Of course, the same guys in these threads bitching about the elites are the ones who defend them elsewhere and fight against any measure to hold them accountable for their actions or make them pay their fair share. I'd love to tax billionaires out of existence, would you?

If we were in a real crisis like Kerry pretends we are, then he wouldn't be using a private jet to travel around the world while polluting a thousand times more than any normal human would. It's no different than Newsom locking up the state and forcing mask mandates while going to his own dinner parties maskless at the same time. If he thought he could die from that behavior, he wouldn't have done it. That's a scam.

I have no issues with them paying their fair share. Tax loopholes are bullshit. Why would I randomly want billionaires to have more money so I can have less?

The utopian side of me would love to tax them out of existence but for someone who claims that others are incapable of thinking with any degree of nuance would surely realize that thinking more than one or two steps ahead of that statement might not put any of us in a better place. That's teenager level thinking there. The effects of removing all that money and placing it into the government's hands or the market's hands would have massive effects beyond what either of us could possibly think of.

I would think you would be telling those billionaires fuck you, you guys made billions and billions getting us into this situation so you should be spending billions and billions to get us out of it. Instead you're in lock step with the people you supposedly want to tax out of existence. You should be pressuring them to solve the issue on their dime. Not for them to come up with a profitable scam that solves the issue on your own dime.

You're still conflating two separate issues. Your issue is with the hypocrisy of the whole thing which is totally understandable and valid but that doesn't mean that all the scientific studies are lying and that nothing is happening to the environment because of humans. I get being skeptical but I find it hard to believe that man made climate change is some giant for profit hoax. I'm sure there are people out there using it as a way to make money but to say the whole thing is a scam is pretty strong in my opinion.

I don't think it's a hoax either. It's a real issue that is being used to scam us. You think that scientists are out there funded by some neutral "search for the truth" mechanism? No, they're funded by big pockets and those big pockets usually want those studies to be profitable for them. How often do we read about studies are turn out to be total BS? We can find a study that says nearly anything these days. Science is just as corrupt as any other institution is.

Common sense without ever reading a study tells you that what we are doing is going to warm the earth up. The scam is that we are teetering on the edge of disaster, that they need our money and our freedom to fix it and that our lives will be better if we just do what they say and accept the life they have planned for us. Of course that life is planned for us, not them. That is already fully apparent.

People can disagree with the severity of climate change, the effect man is having on it and the solution without being a climate denier, hoaxer or CTer.

There's more than a handful of guys who post good content in these threads, but the majority of it goes ignored. The really strange thing is that so many of these guys speak with such confidence while simultaneously being completely ignorant to the state of the science on this subject. So many of the big picture questions on this topic have been solved - there's an endless amount of details to be investigated, but the big picture is quite well understood and has been for some time.

I see the ignorance on both sides of this debate. However, the "solutions" proposed by the climate change activists are nonsensical... while I agree with reducing emissions, there is no chance we can reduce them significantly enough to have the impact desired, especially without seriously stunting the growth and wealth of 3rd world nations.

Humans are much better at inventing there way out of a problem then they are at restraint and conservation. We need to focus on investing in technologies that counteract emissions, while also investing heavily on clean energy sources that can actually replace carbon--like nuclear.

Not offence, but do you know what 'net zero' means?
This may have already been done to death ITT but it's garbage policy. "Net Zero" just means we're keeping the current level of CO2 forever. You know, that level that's causing so many climate disasters already? Yeah, that level. I see net zero as just an excuse to do the least amount possible to keep people off your back about your emissions. As Ms. Thunberg put it, it's green washing.

Net zero isn't all or nothing, it's just a limit that can be raised and raised again by making the most of technological advancements such as carbon capture.

It's a great objective that will employ a ton of people, and aims at something that can only really be seen as a positive.
It's a shit objective that allows people to pat themselves on the back and say, "Look at what I did," and then use it as an excuse to do little else.

Here's hoping I'm totally wrong though. I'd like to be, with all due respect to your position.

This may have already been done to death ITT but it's garbage policy. "Net Zero" just means we're keeping the current level of CO2 forever. You know, that level that's causing so many climate disasters already? Yeah, that level. I see net zero as just an excuse to do the least amount possible to keep people off your back about your emissions. As Ms. Thunberg put it, it's green washing.
<Dany07>

14 inches of snow today and 0 degree highs next week. Eating my words. The shit came late but it's here.

I love it when there are weather events and humans are convinced they created it. Even more hilarity is when it's provably for the better of humanity

This has little to do with weather or climate and everything to do with our ability to predict, prepare for, and recover from big events. Do you really need it explained to you why a flood 100 years ago would be more deadly than if the same thing occurred today?

That graph is also a cherry picked dataset as if you include the decade prior to 1920 there's a much lower starting baseline.

14 inches of snow today and 0 degree highs next week. Eating my words. The shit came late but it's here.

It is still going to be cold in winter. Because the jetstream is changing, many places may even have cold weather events where cold weather records are broken. But in most places, the average is going to be a warmer, shorter winter. As you noted it came late, it will also likely end a little earlier.

This has little to do with weather or climate and everything to do with our ability to predict, prepare for, and recover from big events. Do you really need it explained to you why a flood 100 years ago would be more deadly than if the same thing occurred today?

That graph is also a cherry picked dataset as if you include the decade prior to 1920 there's a much lower starting baseline.
Indeed, it's easy to see the strawman in his argument just by considering the 7.5 magnitude earthquake that hit Japan and comparing it with the similar magnitude* earthquake which occurred in Turkey. Technology may have helped the Japanese avoid the worst effects of such an event and its lack apparently meant the Turkish one was worse than it might otherwise have been in terms of the human cost, but that doesn't mean they weren't both huge earthquakes.

It really had nothing to do with my point, in fact lol

Edit: further to the net zero discussion, it also opens up all kinds of shenanigans and ways of accounting for carbon emissions that are easy to abuse and manipulate, like carbon credits and offsets.

*note, since the Richter Scale is logarithmic function (every time you add 1 to the scale, the amount of energy released--the magnitude, by goes up by 10 times), the difference between 7.5 and 7.8 is actually a fairly significant amount of energy (much greater than the difference between 6.5 and 6.8 for example), but it's also relatively small as a proportion of total energy released when comparing the two.

Last edited:

This is why they had to change the phrasing from "global warming" to "climate change".

The climate wouldn't have changed if not for climate change. Now stop being a simpleton and do your part to stop climate change!

Back