International Climate Change Deniers...

Its also the hottest it's been in recorded human history. There's a very clear trend at this point.

I’m probably coming off as a climate denier when I’m not. Temperatures ostensibly are increasing every year. However, my point about El Niño is that it likely won’t be 50 degrees F at Christmas for the next several years after this one, and that El Niño likely has a massive reason for it being THIS hot this year. I’m sure the next El Niño could be just as hot, if not hotter, but in non-El Nino years it ought to more “normal”.

It's going to be 50 degrees on Christmas....in the Midwest. Any argument against climate change has been completely debunked by this fact. Local ski hill is struggling to stay alive, making snow all week and open on weekends. Im just hoping it isn't a delayed winter and we're snowed in in April.

Either there's irony in your post or someone isn't very well informed about what 'climate change deniers' are actually denying.

the climate is always changing, and the ice age is coming, backed with scientific research

because we have a gluttony of NPC's, global warming economy is a thing, it's a game we play, it's a religion we participate in, and you really have not choice

it's about as real as the tits on Cardi B

same playbook as covid, same playbook as ice age, participants have no idea that the co2 levels SHOULD be at, how they cant even stay constant, dont know the death rate is vastly higher due to the cold than heat, they just know that it gets uncomfortable when it's hot.

TS, you should be thankful you're not freezing your ass off during christmas, anyone with a straight head on their shoulders would be rejoicing and enjoying the moment instead of freaking out because a snow blizzard didn't sweap the land leaving people dead.....

It’s El Niño this year. How many El Ninos do we need to have before people remember “oh yeah, we have unusually warm winters every El Niño!”
I live near Montréal and there's no snow. That is unusually warm. I've had my house for 13 years and it's the first time it happened.

Yeah last year at this time where I live we had record lows and this year its been fairly mild but Winter has just gotten started and no the Sky isn't Falling.

I’m probably coming off as a climate denier when I’m not. Temperatures ostensibly are increasing every year. However, my point about El Niño is that it likely won’t be 50 degrees F at Christmas for the next several years after this one, and that El Niño likely has a massive reason for it being THIS hot this year. I’m sure the next El Niño could be just as hot, if not hotter, but in non-El Nino years it ought to more “normal”.

While there will likely be some degree of drop-off once El nino dies down, it's not going back to 'normal'. An extremely hot year like this one leads to more heating due to feedback loops.

Lol@ths suggestion that "big solar" has anywhere near the influence of oil. World currency value is influenced by oil trading primarily due to the strength of the Petro-dollar, there's not even a such thing as the Panel-dollar. Oil companies + car companies are why the wealthiest Country on the planet has no HS rail, and why our cities require cars to navigate, all which make the climate worse.

Seriously the level of cognitive dissonance needed to think that anything that changes what you think is normal is some kind of conspiracy is so profound people would rather blatantly ignore actual verifiable conspiracies that make their lives shittier, less convenient, and massively depletes resources.
dont call it big solar, this is nothing more than a tactic at getting the economy running with bonus virtue points, and this country will do anything to get the economy going, even putting penises on girls....... economy pumping measures have existed for a long time before this will continue for a long time afterwards.

"Big Solar" is GM, is Ford, is Tesla, is Toyota, Chevron, they are all positioned to win the "green game", green credit systems, offsets, it's all a game, and to the simple minded, it's their religion. When the games make financial sense, I play them, my plug in hybrid had ridiculous amount of subsidies, my solar is even in 7 years or less, cybertruck all day. I'm not going to waste an opportunity and at the same time, I dont believe in this religion either.

I'm basing it on basic knowledge of how the carbon cycle works. Once carbon is released it creates a chain of events that accelerates warming... cutting emissions will slow this slightly, but it won't "fix" it.

Nuclear powered carbon capture is a far more important part of the puzzle than cutting emissions. But nobody focuses on that because they'd rather use the issue to control behavior and horde power than actually solve the problem.

This is as silly as suggesting that stopping the flow of gasoline onto a fire isn't critical to putting out the fire. No, once the flow of gasoline is stopped the fire doesn't just go out, but it's insanely stupid to suggest that shouldn't be one of the biggest things you're focused on.

Regarding carbon sequestration, it's pretty well known among the scientific community that this needs to be a part of the solution, you just seem to be ignorant of that. In either case, there isn't a focus on using nuclear power to drive it because that would be insanely expensive and it's not really feasible without an ungodly amount of government funding. To have anything beyond a trivial effect, you would need hundreds of nuclear power plants running with their full output going towards carbon removal. How much do you think it costs to build a nuclear power plant? How about to run one for a year? Now multiply that number by 200. Where's that money coming from?

For every person who says "damn it's much warmer than normal right now" there's another person dealing with temperatures that are much colder than normal. I mean look at the OP. Talking about how it's going to be warmer than usual in the midwest and now all the sudden there's a blizzard with a ton of snow in the midwest.

I don't deny the climate either but people are manipulated by the media and algorithms when it comes to this topic. Storms are now referred to as "atmospheric rivers" to make people think they're worse than they've ever been. Weather is being reported differently now and making people think that we are in a crisis when we're really not.

Crops have always been affected by bad weather. Record highs have always happened. Big storms have always been here. Our sample size when it comes to recorded weather is so small that any large decisions based on small changes in our own data over the last couple hundred years is incredibly unscientific.

dont call it big solar, this is nothing more than a tactic at getting the economy running with bonus virtue points, and this country will do anything to get the economy going, even putting penises on girls....... economy pumping measures have existed for a long time before this will continue for a long time afterwards.

"Big Solar" is GM, is Ford, is Tesla, is Toyota, Chevron, they are all positioned to win the "green game", green credit systems, offsets, it's all a game, and to the simple minded, it's their religion. When the games make financial sense, I play them, my plug in hybrid had ridiculous amount of subsidies, my solar is even in 7 years or less, cybertruck all day. I'm not going to waste an opportunity and at the same time, I dont believe in this religion either.

Pretty much all of those companies outright lie about their "green" viability and further reliance on fossil fuel use and production. But dont let that stop you from your tinfoil hat level of insistence there should be no cooperation between business and government to keep things like cataclysmic crop failure from happening

For every person who says "damn it's much warmer than normal right now" there's another person dealing with temperatures that are much colder than normal. I mean look at the OP. Talking about how it's going to be warmer than usual in the midwest and now all the sudden there's a blizzard with a ton of snow in the midwest.

I don't deny the climate either but people are manipulated by the media and algorithms when it comes to this topic. Storms are now referred to as "atmospheric rivers" to make people think they're worse than they've ever been. Weather is being reported differently now and making people think that we are in a crisis when we're really not.

Crops have always been affected by bad weather. Record highs have always happened. Big storms have always been here. Our sample size when it comes to recorded weather is so small that any large decisions based on small changes in our own data over the last couple hundred years is incredibly unscientific.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Bunch of malthusian oligarchs pushing depop and plebs are worshipping this shit like a bunch of pagans. Do people not read the books of Klaus Schaub and other WEF types? Utilitarian nonsense.

Bunch of malthusian oligarchs pushing depop and plebs are worshipping this shit like a bunch of pagans. Do people not read the books of Klaus Schaub and other WEF types? Utilitarian nonsense.
Emotional response is a cope.

It'll be a lot harder to deny if people didn't make outrageous claims that haven't nearly come anywhere close to fruition. Are there any repercussions for the doomsayers who make outlandish claims? Not really, Al Gore still goes around in a private jet and gets invited to a bunch of things despite literally every crazy claim he's made turning out to be false. He manipulated people with a shitty documentary and tried to pull at people's heartstrings by showing the beloved polar bear being threatened by climate change. Little did he know that polar bears weren't becoming extinct because of climate change, but because we were hunting them! And once we stopped doing that their populations increased. Crazy how these things work out.

I think the Earth has like 8 years left? And given that we actually increased fossil fuel consumption recently, I'd figure that number is probably down to 6 or so. So what happens in 6 years when the Earth is basically the same, no cities are underwater, we've increased fossil fuel usage and we have about the same amount of natural catastrophes as expected for the past few centuries?

Now there are actual global climate problems that are undeniable and tenable, pollution in the rivers and ocean, microplastics in our bodies, large swathes of forests being cut down, topsoil shortages, etc. Those are actual issues that I feel the climate people should get behind. We should target these very clear issues, not some doomsaying fictional scenarios of the world becoming Mercury unless we revert into third world countries.

Climate change threads are some of my favorite threads here if for nothing else than to see people trying to argue with @dirtypablo when they obviously have no idea what they're talking about. He'll tell them over and over where they can find the information but they'll ignore it and keep blindly arguing. It's amusing for me but must be frustrating for him

Back