Colby Covington: 'I Know I’m the Best Welterweight on Earth'

Fight a top contender that isn’t a geriatric.
You could say the same thing to Leon. Who's the last fighter under 35 he fought? A split decision with Gunnar Nelson 5 years ago?

<YeahOKJen> guy can't even keep his bs straight.

"It's easy to get fights" "I'm not a part time fighter" before his last fight he was saying that everyone was turning down his fights now it's easy for him.

The old guys always pretend that they're prime, but as I said for years about this guy he wasted his prime avoiding fights now his legacy will be a joke without any signature wins. Your prime is done.

It’s too bad his fighting is as boring as his gimmick. At least then he would provide some value

At least his grip on reality is consistent.

Go win a fight without an excuse, you bum...
5TVzBmM.gif

Colby is the human equivalent of sandpaper. The only reason he is even remotely interesting is because he appeals to some with his low brow, sophomoric gimmick which requires tasteless shots at family members to garner attention, and latches onto political drama like a leech. Now that he's proven to be a front runner who's past his prime, he'll fade into irrelevance, alone with no one who gives a single fuck about him but a fickle fanbase he doesn't care about and has begun to alienate.

Colby bless.

Being a delusional annoying douche is certainly a bold gimmick.

This guys doesn't even believe that himself.

His heart was not in his last fight.

I'm sure he'll hang around but wish he wouldn't. His personality is so bad that it's just not worth it, even to see him get beat.

If there ever were a person who really needed to do some soul searching, it would be Colby.

Nope.

GSP beats him tomorrow.

View attachment 1028131

Colby needs to learn how to strike
I might be a fan if he comes out to this ...

RIP Toby Keith

As someone who REALLY wanted Colby to beat Edwards, this is just delusion.

He ALWAYS talks endlessly about being the cardio king and bringing unstoppable pressure and he did that for 1 round in that fight and that was after he had already clearly lost 4 rounds.

If he really thinks he can make another run, a victory over Shavkat would be a good start towards another title fight but that is a very tough fight and he'd be a moderate underdog at this point.

That newly-found "schtic" kept him from getting cut, so keeping it going seems like his only option at this point. His next fight, if not impressive, may be his last.

He says it but he can't believe it, he's never been the best by any standards.

That belt says interim right? We all know how it plays out when he gets a crack at the real deal.
I've made a slight adjustment to the belt in the original shoop to make it more true to life.......but yeah. Colby won't fight for 2 years, talk smack then lose an undeserved title shot. Rinse, repeat.

Back