Colby Covington vs. Leon Edwards - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters
Are you serious?

Yes, what's the point of being butthurt over him not fighting these fighters, given that winning the belt would mean that he has to fight all of them... in a row.

Any criticism of avoiding them would become null and void because as champion, that wouldn't be an option.

Hope Leon retires Colby, I can't stand his shtick, it's soooo lame.. gives me a headache.

It is, but at the same time it kept him relevant.

Whats he on now that MAGA/trump is dead?

Colby might be a better grappler than usman. He chain wrestles better and throws more kicks and volume. Could Be a good fight.

I'd pick Colby in his prime, but he's old and rarely fights anymore. He's always been quite hittable too.

Going with Leon.

I think Colby is a bad matchup for Leon. His pace, pressure, and volume are going to cause a lot of problems. And Leon doesn't rally have the power to keep Colby off of him.

At his age and his inactivity, I wouldn't be surprised if Colby's cardio and skills have taken a hit.

I think he is. Compare his fight with Masvidal to Usman's two. Colby took Masvidal down repeatedly and held him there. Usman was unable to to the same and instead held him against the fence most of the time.

7/18 (38%) vs 6/15 (40%) - virtually identical

Leon is gonna fight Colby, then there will be a rematch, then he will fight Masvidal....we've seen this before :sniper:

Edwards going to have to get that takedown defense abilities sharpened up but it depends on whether Colby does the usual gameplan of trying to grapple or keep it on standing like he did with Usman.

I can see Edwards landing more blows more often than not and possibly even a body kick which might tilt the flow of the fight drastically towards Edwards.

But it's the takedown defense of Edwards that's more important for this fight because if Usman with shot knees can control Edwards around (even though Edwards stood up it still takes energy out of him) I expect to see a repeat of Usman vs Edwards (2nd one) without the head kick.

I think Colby is a bad matchup for Leon. His pace, pressure, and volume are going to cause a lot of problems. And Leon doesn't rally have the power to keep Colby off of him.
Colby is to small

Have Leon fight someone who actually earned a title shot.

Than we all win :)
Dana:
no-i-dont-think-i-will.gif

Back