Coronavirus not very megathread.

Biden doubles US global donation of COVID-19 vaccine shots

"President Joe Biden announced Wednesday that the United States is doubling its purchase of Pfizer's COVID-19 shots to share with the world to 1 billion doses as he embraces the goal of vaccinating 70% of the global population within the next year.

The stepped-up U.S. commitment marks the cornerstone of the global vaccination summit Biden convened virtually on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly, where he encouraged well-off nations to do more to get the coronavirus under control.

World leaders, aid groups and global health organizations are growing increasingly vocal about the slow pace of global vaccinations and the inequity of access to shots between residents of wealthier and poorer nations.

Biden doubles US global donation of COVID-19 vaccine shots (yahoo.com)

Great news! We're all in this together! :)

Like Renaissance said, youre giving dying people an extra few months, the rest of us will live on with immunity, vaxxed or not, this will end soon, hopefully this winter like you said earlier.

Let's hope so.

Theyre now saying if you already have a weak immune system that the vaccine will not work as well, hmmm go figure, think ill stick to getting sick once a year like always

Yeah. The figures are pretty much the same. Really old? Immune system done? Terminally ill? Double-vaxxed? Still dying, unfortunately. With a few obese people and the odd outlier who doesn't fit any of those bills, maybe 1 for every 1,000 deaths. The vaccines wont stop it, death cannot be conquered. The day will come when I, having had both jabs and maybe a few boosters, reach 65 and suddenly become one of the statistics. One of the men who had his booster #25 at age 65, but died anyway.

Biden doubles US global donation of COVID-19 vaccine shots

"President Joe Biden announced Wednesday that the United States is doubling its purchase of Pfizer's COVID-19 shots to share with the world to 1 billion doses as he embraces the goal of vaccinating 70% of the global population within the next year.

The stepped-up U.S. commitment marks the cornerstone of the global vaccination summit Biden convened virtually on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly, where he encouraged well-off nations to do more to get the coronavirus under control.

World leaders, aid groups and global health organizations are growing increasingly vocal about the slow pace of global vaccinations and the inequity of access to shots between residents of wealthier and poorer nations.

Biden doubles US global donation of COVID-19 vaccine shots (yahoo.com)

Great news! We're all in this together! :)

This is what should be happening, good news indeed. Africa has probably millions of 80yr olds who haven't had a single shot yet.

Like Renaissance said, youre giving dying people an extra few months, the rest of us will live on with immunity, vaxxed or not, this will end soon, hopefully this winter like you said earlier.
Wut

3 tampa buccaneers are in covid protocol despite team being fully vaccinated. How many players got really sick before the vaccine? Let em play sheesh

I agree with elements of what you're saying, but sometimes a difficult conversation has to happen.

Lockdowns essentially, gave elderly people maybe 4-5 more years of life. Which is great for them. But the fallout of those lockdowns, is going to see the younger generations have some incredibly rough decades ahead I'd imagine, once the dust settles.

The first man to be vaccinated in the UK was, I think, 81. His name was Bill Shakespeare, brilliantly. He died of natural causes 4-5 months later. That particular guy, was given approximately 12 months more of life by the lockdowns, thats assuming that covid would have killed him had he caught it. It probably would have, I guess.

That's awesome for him. Not so much for the generations who saw their livelihoods snatched away by the lockdowns - lost businesses, debt, unemployed, lost education, lost personal development, mental health problems etc.

Its a really shitty balance to have to confront, though.

They never... NEVER... discuss the demographics of those who were impacted the most. But love to point out the excess death statistics. It's always 600K US Deaths!!!

But they fail to mention how the Excess Death trend always falls severely below the average the following couple years after the pandemic recedes.. Why?

Because almost all the excess deaths were people who were elderly and sick already...

The same thing happened after the 1918 spanish flu... Huge spike in excess deaths, followed by a dramatic drop the following couple years.

Nursing home and sick elderly deaths.. like 95% of people who die from COVID.

The average stay of anyone admitted to a nursing home is about a year. So the vaccine gives them maybe an extra few months to a year of life. Which I believe is great... because everyday is precious.

But for the rest of us... We're all going to get exposed to COVID sooner or later, Vax or Not. And we'll build up protection from COVID either from natural immunity or being repeated vaxxed.

The consensus is starting to form that natural immunity is a good or superior to the vaccines. And the natural immunity hasn't been showing to fade like the MRNA vaccines (not sure about J&J tho).

The upcoming Novavax vaccine is based on traditional vaccines, using a weakened form of the virus. There's many doctors who believe it'll be the key to getting out of this. I got that shot through a vaccine trial in February and been living life as normal since.... lol. Except for couple times I had to fly, I haven't wore a mask since. I'm extremely surprised I haven't caught iit because I've had several friends who have caught it and got fairly sick even with the vaccine. And we hang out all time at the same local establishments.

3 tampa buccaneers are in covid protocol despite team being fully vaccinated. How many players got really sick before the vaccine? Let em play sheesh

Lol... What failure this has been.

And lol at their only response being... "Well, I guess they just need a 3rd shot!!"

No acknowledgement that vaccinations in the middle of a pandemic isn't the best of ideas.

Communism will not end this winter..

"Details of the leaked proposal were released Tuesday by Drastic Research, a group of international scientists investigating the origins of the pandemic."

Googling them shows this:

DRASTIC (Decentralized Radical Autonomous Search Team Investigating COVID-19) is a loose collection of internet activists investigating the origins of COVID-19, in particular the lab leak theory.[1][2][3][4] Most scientists think that COVID-19 likely had a natural origin, but some have considered that the lab leak is still a possibility worth investigating.[5][6] DRASTIC is composed of about 30 core members, whose activity is primarily organized through the social media website Twitter.[1][7][8] They formed in February 2020, at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.[7] DRASTIC members have called for a "full and unrestricted investigation" into the origins of COVID-19, conducted independently of the World Health Organization.[1]

Many of DRASTIC's members use pseudonyms, while identified members have backgrounds including mycology,[9][10] neuroscience, and data science.[7][11] Members of DRASTIC have engaged in personal attacks against virologists and epidemiologists on Twitter, falsely accusing some of working for the Chinese Communist Party.[1]

30 people, mainly using pseudonyms on Twitter, starting flame wars on Twitter? Doesn't sound so legit, does it? Not that this matters to the NY Post, which is mainly concerned with the dating lives of the NY Yankees.

Idiot... Why wouldn't they want to go anonymous? Haven't you been paying attention to what happens to doctors (regardless of their expertise) who want to discuss the vaccine's effectiveness or other COVID treatments? It's a fucking witch hunt right out of 1700 Massachusetts. They're not allowed to question the official message or face being banned or having licenses pulled. These have included virologists.

Physicians who post COVID-19 vaccine misinformation may lose license, medical panel says

https://www.beckershospitalreview.c...tion-may-lose-license-medical-panel-says.html
The Federation of State Medical Boards warned July 29 that physicians and other healthcare professionals could be at risk of losing their medical licenses if they spread COVID-19 vaccine misinformation on social media, online and in the media.

FSMB, a nonprofit that represents all U.S. state medical boards, said any clinicians who create or spread vaccine misinformation or disinformation risk disciplinary action by state medical boards, including suspension or revocation of their medical license

"Details of the leaked proposal were released Tuesday by Drastic Research, a group of international scientists investigating the origins of the pandemic."

Googling them shows this:

DRASTIC (Decentralized Radical Autonomous Search Team Investigating COVID-19) is a loose collection of internet activists investigating the origins of COVID-19, in particular the lab leak theory.[1][2][3][4] Most scientists think that COVID-19 likely had a natural origin, but some have considered that the lab leak is still a possibility worth investigating.[5][6] DRASTIC is composed of about 30 core members, whose activity is primarily organized through the social media website Twitter.[1][7][8] They formed in February 2020, at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.[7] DRASTIC members have called for a "full and unrestricted investigation" into the origins of COVID-19, conducted independently of the World Health Organization.[1]

Many of DRASTIC's members use pseudonyms, while identified members have backgrounds including mycology,[9][10] neuroscience, and data science.[7][11] Members of DRASTIC have engaged in personal attacks against virologists and epidemiologists on Twitter, falsely accusing some of working for the Chinese Communist Party.[1]

30 people, mainly using pseudonyms on Twitter, starting flame wars on Twitter? Doesn't sound so legit, does it? Not that this matters to the NY Post, which is mainly concerned with the dating lives of the NY Yankees.
You believe in russiagate but refuse to believe covid came from a lab.

Bat Soup.

Not sure why but I initially read this as Bob Sapp

mma_g_sapp1_400.jpg

Nursing home and sick elderly deaths.. like 95% of people who die from COVID.

The average stay of anyone admitted to a nursing home is about a year. So the vaccine gives them maybe an extra few months to a year of life. Which I believe is great... because everyday is precious.

But for the rest of us... We're all going to get exposed to COVID sooner or later, Vax or Not. And we'll build up protection from COVID either from natural immunity or being repeated vaxxed.

The consensus is starting to form that natural immunity is a good or superior to the vaccines. And the natural immunity hasn't been showing to fade like the MRNA vaccines (not sure about J&J tho).

The upcoming Novavax vaccine is based on traditional vaccines, using a weakened form of the virus. There's many doctors who believe it'll be the key to getting out of this. I got that shot through a vaccine trial in February and been living life as normal since.... lol. Except for couple times I had to fly, I haven't wore a mask since. I'm extremely surprised I haven't caught iit because I've had several friends who have caught it and got fairly sick even with the vaccine. And we hang out all time at the same local establishments.
I've heard this argument time and again, but what most anti vaxxers fail to recognize is at the opposite end of the old people are young children which can get equally as sick from viruses such as covid. Want to know how I know? My daughter was close to death when she was 2 after our last virus outbreak, swine flu.kind of changes your perspective when your daughter is turning blue and oxygen level continues to fall.

Last edited:
I've heard this argument time and again, but what most anti vaxxers fail to recognize is at the opposite end of the old people are young children which can get equally as sick from viruses such as covid. What to know how I know? My daughter was close to death when she was 2 after our last virus outbreak, swine flu.kind of changes your perspective when your daughter is turning blue and oxygen level continues to fall.
And these vaxs so far in Israel had caused a huge surge.

swine flu.kind of changes your perspective when your daughter is turning blue and oxygen level continues to fall
There is a reason a majority of nurses are refusing the vaxs.
These NHS Staff Were Told The Swine Flu Vaccine Was Safe, And Now They're Suffering The Consequences

Lol... What failure this has been.

And lol at their only response being... "Well, I guess they just need a 3rd shot!!"

No acknowledgement that vaccinations in the middle of a pandemic isn't the best of ideas.
I wonder just how many booster shots will they be ok with 10, 7?

There is a reason a majority of nurses are refusing the vaxs.

In your la-la brain maybe.....
{<hhh]

Majority
noun
the greater number.

Stop talking shite.
The majority of nurses are not refusing the vax.
This is not borne out in any of the studies on the issue.
Anecdotally I also have a number of family members who are nurses and all their peers are vaxxed.

In your la-la brain maybe.....
{<hhh]

Majority
noun
the greater number.

Stop talking shite.
The majority of nurses are not refusing the vax.
This is not borne out in any of the studies on the issue.
Anecdotally I also have a number of family members who are nurses and all their peers are vaxxed.
Sure i heard something like this from Queen b to... But dont worry i hear you would be needing boosters every time your booster shot expires....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fullmetalharts
Back