Dana White Picks Jon Jones Over Khabib Nurmagomedov as MMA GOAT

Jones has done way more.

Think of the deeds that don't reach the press?
We all know Jones tries to keep his heroic deeds under wraps, but he does so much, that some of his many, many heroic efforts will be captured by the press/media

I have a simple aim
If I can only be 1% as great as St Jones? Then I know I have done more than the rest of humanity to makes this planet a safer, better place for all

i mean is this even a question?
even if u combine fedors best wins nog and cro cop
and gsps best wins k1 hughes and bj penn
and khabibs best wins conor mcgregor post boxing ang gaethe

lmao seriously
their resume looks like trash
theres a reason they dont compare it because it would literaly look lik a trash
beside jones resume

I have 1000x more respect for that than the people picking GSP, AS and Fedor. If nothing else MM is most skilled ever.

I still think Fedor overall, but UFC I can stand by DJ and feel good about it sir.

Gus never looked the same for whatever reason coming of the long layoff after the war with DC and beating Jan and Glover. Mental? Who knows, but it was obviously clear he wasn't the same guy. Anthony Smith even made him look terrible.

Same age and mileage means nothing. Everybody is different incase you haven't noticed.
@Davidjacksonjones

jon-jones-jon-bones-jones.gif

UFC* MMA GOAT

It is interesting though he has Jon Jones as GOAT with all the cheating and ped-abuse. And Khabib are the next one? Sure Khabib had a good run but didn't fight for long.

Dana White is a funny strange dude. In the midland of doing WWE or sports with his promoting.

Do You... Do You agree with Dana ?

When did I start watching? Mid to late 90's I first got in to MMA

And Jon is the best you've seen?
Fair enough sir

UFC* MMA GOAT

It is interesting though he has Jon Jones as GOAT with all the cheating and ped-abuse. And Khabib are the next one? Sure Khabib had a good run but didn't fight for long.

Dana White is a funny strange dude. In the midland of doing WWE or sports with his promoting.

Is khabib even top 10? lol

Dana always ignores the steroids and the 3 times he arguably lost
You knew what way Dana was going to vote before any of that and he let it slip at the end. He could not control Khabib and since he’s petty like that and didn’t get to make another 100 million off of him he will vote for Jon.

bro if ur a full grown man with a full grown brain
but still refuse to believe gsp fedor and khabib doesnt use steroids

u need a reality check

pretty sure u believe santa clause is real

i bet gsp fedor and khabib using roids is 100x more believable than santa clause

enought with the talk why dont we all post their resume and lets see who has the hardest
the best resume

Still think GSP is the GOAT for the way he managed himself and his career.

Jones is the best to ever do it though.

Anderson is the most exciting.

Eleven pages!

Not gonna read it.

Not much into the whole goat thing.

Khabob was a very good fighter. Jones started before him and is still going.

pills waaah waaah.

Nate was right. Everyone did it. Still do.

Clean competition would be best, but the Olympics have never achieved clean and neither has any other sport, and designer chemicals and regimens still fetch top dollar.

Jones > Khabib. No big deal.

Still think GSP is the GOAT for the way he managed himself and his career.

Jones is the best to ever do it though.

Anderson is the most exciting.

Eleven pages!

Not gonna read it.

Not much into the whole goat thing.

pills waaah waaah.

Nate was right. Everyone did it. Still do.

Clean competition would be best, but the Olympics have never achieved clean and neither has any other sport, and designer chemicals and regimens still fetch top dollar.

Jones > Khabib. No big deal.

Dana always ignores the steroids and the 3 times he arguably lost
Weird...record books say other wise.

In 50 years your post will be gone and his record will remain...
Hating much?

And I remember my first beer and when I found out athlete's take PEDs

Khabib is a 4 time champion over a 3 year span. You can easily name 9 guys with accomplishments that far surpass that.
Okay, name 9 then if done so easily lol shouldn’t take you long.

It is hard to argue against Jones unless you account for PEDs. Otherwise you probably have to go with GSP who avenged both his losses. Then you have the Spider, MM and Fedor for which there are some arguments. Khabib might just be the best fighter ever, but we will never know cause he retired way too soon.

Btw, it is the last time I come on Sherdog. I don't know about you guys but there are way too many pops-up now. Whoever manage what used to be my favorite MMA site is a whore for add money.
Bye all!

Fedor, Jones, Anderson, Israel, GSP, Hughes, Usman, Aldo, Volkanovski, and Mighty Mouse

That's 10 guys off the top of my head that were champions for 4-7 years of their careers. I'm sure you could have figured this out on your own, as there are more names than just those I listed.

Last edited:
Some real crazy stats to put things in perspective are that Jon:

- was champ before Khabib ever got to the UFC
- still champ the year Khabib retired
- accomplished Khabib's entire 30 month reign in only 14 months
- went up and won the belt above meanwhile Khabib refused to move up despite his weight issues (and prob retired to avoid having to)
- still reigning 4 years after Khabib retired
- has more title wins than Khabib even has UFC fights

Anybody trying to remotely compare them is being beyond disengenuous. "Muh but Khabib was so dominant". Brother go watch Jones' earlier reign if you want to see dominance.

2nk47ps_medium.gif

Let me know when Khabib ever literally broke someone's face.

Fedor, Jones, Anderson, Israel, GSP, Hughes, Usman, Aldo, Volkanovski, and Mighty Mouse

That's 10 guys off the top of my head that were champions for 4-7 years of their careers. I'm sure you could have figured this out on your own, as there are more names than just those I listed.
Jon's last LHW reign alone was 4 titles fights in 14 months compared to 30 months for Khabib's 4 lmao.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back