Dana White Urges Winner of Jon Jones vs. Stipe Miocic to Fight Tom Aspinall

Will we get Jones vs Aspinall?

Will Jones retire after Stipe?

Will Jones leave to fight Ngannou?

Doubtful
Likely
Never

But hey I can't bend spoons with my mind so what do I know.

Dana goes from saying it depends on who wins, to literally zero seconds later saying it doesn't depend on who wins.

It’s bizarre that Dana still wants the stipe/jones fight

Must have been promised to be one or both.

It feels like a red line, we're getting this fight no matter what, which is only really likely if Dana has guaranteed it and has made it a matter of principle.

I'd rather get both of these guys retire and out of the rankings asap.

wait
gotta ignore the retard who says picto instead of pico since god know how long
ok we can continue

Jon Jones was the youngest UFC champion and has swam with the sharks his whole career. Sorry, I know there are guys who think muscles make great fighters but Ngannou isn't in the same league. Jones owes Ngannou nothing and could retire as the GOAT in my eyes, anyway.

More like a suggestion.

They need to put Aspinallas co-main to really sell it. Then it will also put pressure on the winner of Jones / Stipe not to retire directly after.

Doubtful
Likely
Never

But hey I can't bend spoons with my mind so what do I know.

dana-white-ufc-president.gif

dana-white-dana-white-slurp.gif

I hate Jones, but it's a dumb idea for him to fight Aspinall..

Jones is aging hard by the looks, is kinda fat / bloated / awkward at HW.

Looked very shakey / wobbly / awkward in the opening standing parts of Gane fight.

Where as Tom is young prime, fresh, shit hot. Great athlete, with punching power. Good chance he'd starch a post injury, old Jones. What's the point in tarnishing the perfect legacy.

I don't see the winner retiring.. why would they, nope this guys don't usually go out on a high note.

Retirement from fighting is usually sad and forced, without other next fight options.

They need to put Aspinallas co-main to really sell it. Then it will also put pressure on the winner of Jones / Stipe not to retire directly after.

They really need to get Aspinall vs Gane as the Co-main.

That would settle the debate once and for all.

Must have been promised to be one or both.

It feels like a red line, we're getting this fight no matter what, which is only really likely if Dana has guaranteed it and has made it a matter of principle.
Dana has guaranteed a lot of things and backed out of deals. It’s bizarre

Dana has guaranteed a lot of things and backed out of deals. It’s bizarre

Yeah, some things he just kinda makes a principle.

Like banning Paul Daley and underpaying Henry Cejudo lol

The UFC is yet again damaging their credibility by keeping Aspinall as the interim champ, and yet refusing to force Jon Jones to defend his belt vs Aspinall. By allowing Jones vs Miocic to happen, after which both fighters likely retire, the UFC yet again proves that Interim belts are meaningless.

And Dana wonders why fighters aren't motivated to fight for interim titles?

Sometimes I think the russian KO artist is far better than both current stipe and current jones... Letting apart tom.

1709223198216.jpeg
This is how Dana is urging them. He is however worth $500 million... (Damn he has done well)
Screenshot 2024-02-29 at 11.13.58 AM.png
Pay them Dana! Get the Old Lion to fight the Young one.

Yes, he just knocked out Spivac in September.

Man you fucking Jones fans are the worst cancer in the MMA community.
Easy there, Liberace. I think you’re taking this too seriously. And just like your comment under this, you’re bitching about something we bitched about years ago. So maybe it’s still new to your system.

No one has taken the interim belts seriously in nearly a decade. So if you do, that’s on you. You’re just beating a dead horse

I don't see the winner retiring.. why would they, nope this guys don't usually go out on a high note.

Retirement from fighting is usually sad and forced, without other next fight options.

99% of guys in MMA don't make the pay Jones and Stipe have in their last handful of fights. They are both multimillionaires and will get another 7 figure payday fighting each other.

These two inactive old farts will retire after the fight because they are already semi-retired, don't "need" the money and Jon knows he will spoil his record and take serious damage losing to Aspinall.

Stipe got murdered in his last fight and decided to sit out for years until a high paying, low risk match came along. I suppose he's at least more likely to fight than Jones, but I still doubt it.

Before it was these guys have nothing to prove now that Dana is getting desperate now they have to prove something LMAO!

I’ve seen jones lose at least twice to inferior fighters and then twitter fight for the majority of the last decade. I’ve seen stippe destroyed too many times and is also 100 years old. I’m fine with them retiring.

Back