Tom Aspinall Claims He Received Death Threats From Jon Jones’ Fans

People on the internet are wild,
Well, famous people in the 20th century didn't give their phone number publicly, otherwise every other weirdo would've harassed them. Today you have like ten different ways of directly messaging virtually any celebrity or wannabe "influencer".

While I do agree that people seem to get dumber by the day, the thing is that now, you can be mentally challenged and still be competent enough to reach Tom Aspinall and tell him dirty things.

From the same interview:

Can you explain the back and forth with Jones from your point of view?

It's quite simple, I want to fight Jones but Jones wants to fight Miocic and that's it. Jones is great at deflecting the truth; he's like a politician. When I start talking about wanting to fight him,
he starts talking about resumes and history and the things that he's done that's better than me. I have no qualms whatsoever about saying that his resume is better than mine. What I say
in return is "it doesn't matter about resumes", I just want to fight him and beat him right now and he doesn't want to do that. There's not one interview, one post, one clip anywhere online
where Jon Jones says he wants to fight me. I don't know why.

Why?

Jon Jones is smart and he's taking the easier fight for more money. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd do exactly the same thing. The guy is going to get a lot more money for fighting
Stipe probably, and it's going be way easier of a fight as well. Jones doesn't feel he needs to jump in with a young dangerous guy with no miles on the clock. He'd rather jump in with 40 year
old Stipe who hasn't fought for four years. It's obvious that's what he's doing, anybody with a brain would do that.

What are the UFC saying?

The UFC do not want it, I don't know why this is happening, money I guess. I don't know what's going on, it's completely unheard of that when you've got a healthy champion - and I know Jon
Jones isn't healthy at the moment but he will become healthy - and when he returns it's completely unheard of. It's strange. People say 'I knew it was going to happen this way when I took the
interim fight' - I didn't. I thought that the interim fight meant I'd get the next shot and I'm quite disappointed that I've been put to the side, so I'm stuck and I don't really like it.

He said you would not add to his legacy?

The guy is trying to give everyone a history lesson everytime he speaks and I respect what he's done so much, but we're talking about right now, we are not talking five years ago, so will I add
to his legacy? Probably not as much as Stipe to be honest. I do understand his side of things but I'd wish he'd come out and say 'Tom, I'm not fighting you and these are the reasons why’ -
the ones we've just talked about, but he won't.

Does Aspinall-Jones ever happen?

No, I don’t think so, I think he will retire before he fights me. He's already said as much. He's a smart guy and a politician the way he deflects questions and sneakily says he's the guy that's
going to retire and not stick around longer than he should.
Seems like a level-headed and overall cool guy.
You know, it's like how bigger, stronger guys, sherdoggers, often don't feel the need to make much noise, or outrageous claims, to get noticed or feel interesting.

8272907471_5d413901ee_z.jpg
You didn’t put me on the good guy list 😢

OQ-TALKSPORT-ASPINALL-JONES.jpg

The internet is a wild place, as Tom Aspinall recently learned.

The UFC interim heavyweight champion has been involved in a polite feud with undisputed champ Jon Jones for a while now. Aspinall recently revealed that his online back-and-forth has provoked death threats from fans of “Bones.”

“People on the internet are wild,” Aspinall told Lord Ping (h/t MMA Mania). “You have to kind of see it for what it is. It’s not real life, a lot of it comes from jealousy. People don’t like to see other people do well, unfortunately that’s the way of the world. With a lot of love comes a lot of hate as well. That’s the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately.

“I’m human so it affects me sometimes. But I try to just turn a blind eye to it and just crack on. The internet is a strange place. I clicked on my message requests by accident the other day and people are sending me death threats for wanting to fight Jon Jones, who’s the best in the world and it’s madness. You just think what the f—k is going on in your life that you want to say that you want to kill somebody else because they want to fight. It’s madness.”

Bones was forced out of his scheduled title defense against Stipe Miocic at UFC 295 this past November due to a torn pectoral muscle. A short-notice interim title fight was set up, where Aspinall knocked out Sergei Pavlovich in the first round.

Aspinall subsequently called for Jones to be stripped of the title. However, UFC CEO Dana White confirmed that Jones will remain champ and fight Miocic upon his return. Aspinall is now open to defending his interim strap but sees a lack of suitable opponents.

“With the Jon Jones palaver and all the politics around that, I was thinking maybe they’d give me some freak show kind of fight against Brock Lesnar, or maybe at UFC 300 they’d do something a bit out there like Alex Pereira, but that doesn’t look likely now,” Aspinall said. “I have absolutely no idea about my next move. I’m kind of waiting about.

It's just Jones and Dana getting mad because Aspinall has called them out on this absolute farce of allowing Jones to fight a retired guy and then retire. I don't know why Dana is supporting it, Jones cost them more money over the years with cancelled cards than this fight with Stipe will make.

Classy fans for a class champion.

But seriously, can you imagine being such a total loser that you’re using the internet to threaten professional fighters

A celebrity can tweet "I think Lions are better than Tigers" and get at least one threat sent their way. It's what twitter is, time to stop crying about this shit because he's going to get even more threats from randoms on the internet now.

Sounds like a juicy smolliet move to me.
1706041072209.png

Well, famous people in the 20th century didn't give their phone number publicly, otherwise every other weirdo would've harassed them. Today you have like ten different ways of directly messaging virtually any celebrity or wannabe "influencer".

While I do agree that people seem to get dumber by the day, the thing is that now, you can be mentally challenged and still be competent enough to reach Tom Aspinall and tell him dirty things.

You didn’t put me on the good guy list 😢
Added :)
It's just Jones and Dana getting mad because Aspinall has called them out on this absolute farce of allowing Jones to fight a retired guy and then retire. I don't know why Dana is supporting it, Jones cost them more money over the years with cancelled cards than this fight with Stipe will make.
Hopefully , now that the Rock is making decisions... We get a UFC Peoples Champ Belt ;)

3824610-77725128-2560-1440.jpg

OQ-TALKSPORT-ASPINALL-JONES.jpg

The internet is a wild place, as Tom Aspinall recently learned.

The UFC interim heavyweight champion has been involved in a polite feud with undisputed champ Jon Jones for a while now. Aspinall recently revealed that his online back-and-forth has provoked death threats from fans of “Bones.”

“People on the internet are wild,” Aspinall told Lord Ping (h/t MMA Mania). “You have to kind of see it for what it is. It’s not real life, a lot of it comes from jealousy. People don’t like to see other people do well, unfortunately that’s the way of the world. With a lot of love comes a lot of hate as well. That’s the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately.

“I’m human so it affects me sometimes. But I try to just turn a blind eye to it and just crack on. The internet is a strange place. I clicked on my message requests by accident the other day and people are sending me death threats for wanting to fight Jon Jones, who’s the best in the world and it’s madness. You just think what the f—k is going on in your life that you want to say that you want to kill somebody else because they want to fight. It’s madness.”

Bones was forced out of his scheduled title defense against Stipe Miocic at UFC 295 this past November due to a torn pectoral muscle. A short-notice interim title fight was set up, where Aspinall knocked out Sergei Pavlovich in the first round.

Aspinall subsequently called for Jones to be stripped of the title. However, UFC CEO Dana White confirmed that Jones will remain champ and fight Miocic upon his return. Aspinall is now open to defending his interim strap but sees a lack of suitable opponents.

“With the Jon Jones palaver and all the politics around that, I was thinking maybe they’d give me some freak show kind of fight against Brock Lesnar, or maybe at UFC 300 they’d do something a bit out there like Alex Pereira, but that doesn’t look likely now,” Aspinall said. “I have absolutely no idea about my next move. I’m kind of waiting about.

Anybody have legit grasp of human psychology to explain this? Even if somebody thinks Jon is LHW goat, why should they be afraid that Aspinall will whup him at HW? If they don't think Jon can defeat him him, shouldn't they be begging Jon to retire?

You can't have confidence in your guy if you're trying to scare away dangerous opponents. Just sayin.

Anybody have legit grasp of human psychology to explain this? Even if somebody thinks Jon is LHW goat, why should they be afraid that Aspinall will whup him at HW? If they don't think Jon can defeat him him, shouldn't they be begging Jon to retire?

You can't have confidence in your guy if you're trying to scare away dangerous opponents. Just sayin.
@Davidjacksonjones ?

True legends relinquish the title when they’re injured so the division moves on. Jones is selfish and rather sit out as champion until he fights a 45 year old, past his prime Stipe.

Fair enough but I don't know why the UFC haven't stripped him? They stripped Ngannou real quick at one point, I think it was him anyway.

There is everyone on the internet. Out of everyone there are probably 100-1000 death threat makers. They probably send death threats to every recognizable celebrity nonstop so they get an article like this. How many of the death threats are actually real?

When did people started taking internet death threats serious?

Doesn’t even sound rational. Jones having irate fans..willing to go to the streets for him

<{outtahere}>

Back