Tom Aspinall Claims He Received Death Threats From Jon Jones’ Fans

Wait. Who takes a dump at Walmart?
Shoplifters. The same type of people that stream ufc ppvs.
giphy.gif

Yeah, this forum proves just how shitty Jones' fans can be.
In all of the many years I have been on this site I have seen not a single person threaten violence over Jon Jones. Not saying you’re a liar but I don’t believe you

Scum follow scum, you see them smearing doo doo all over sherdog constantly. All of these fuckwits would get the shit beat out of them by Tom, including Jones if he ever fought Tom.
I know with all of your heart you would like Jones to fight Tom but stay on subject. Just cope. It isn’t happening

Jon’s fans are particularly garbage because they don’t mind endorsing him despite everything he’s done.
I think Jones haters like yourself are struggling with him leaving because deep down they are fans and the nutsack they have clung to so long will be gone and they will shrivel like slugs in the sun. They are desperate to make someone the new bad guy so they launch attacks at people not looking for fight heroes and really there to appreciate fights. So I’m here to give you what you need little buddy. Attention.

Reality is on the internet where everyone is anonymous there are people who write that kind of thing, kind of soft to bring it up.

No doubt alot of those people have sherdog accounts - def with
The the way people have been posting here lately. Imo people who do shit like this should be shamed about it the rest of there lives. Like literally.

In all of the many years I have been on this site I have seen not a single person threaten violence over Jon Jones. Not saying you’re a liar but I don’t believe you

I never said they threatened violence.

Internet people are, without doubt, weird.

They're even weirder when it comes to interacting with famous people based on a whole serious of (often completely incorrect) assumptions.
Series*

A record holder in cheating and woman beater that had his children call the cops on him attract shitty fans? Inconceivable.
Basically only the hardcore UFC brand fanboys remain although the worst offender seems more interesting in defending ethnic cleansing these days.

OQ-TALKSPORT-ASPINALL-JONES.jpg

The internet is a wild place, as Tom Aspinall recently learned.

The UFC interim heavyweight champion has been involved in a polite feud with undisputed champ Jon Jones for a while now. Aspinall recently revealed that his online back-and-forth has provoked death threats from fans of “Bones.”

“People on the internet are wild,” Aspinall told Lord Ping (h/t MMA Mania). “You have to kind of see it for what it is. It’s not real life, a lot of it comes from jealousy. People don’t like to see other people do well, unfortunately that’s the way of the world. With a lot of love comes a lot of hate as well. That’s the way the cookie crumbles, unfortunately.

“I’m human so it affects me sometimes. But I try to just turn a blind eye to it and just crack on. The internet is a strange place. I clicked on my message requests by accident the other day and people are sending me death threats for wanting to fight Jon Jones, who’s the best in the world and it’s madness. You just think what the f—k is going on in your life that you want to say that you want to kill somebody else because they want to fight. It’s madness.”

Bones was forced out of his scheduled title defense against Stipe Miocic at UFC 295 this past November due to a torn pectoral muscle. A short-notice interim title fight was set up, where Aspinall knocked out Sergei Pavlovich in the first round.

Aspinall subsequently called for Jones to be stripped of the title. However, UFC CEO Dana White confirmed that Jones will remain champ and fight Miocic upon his return. Aspinall is now open to defending his interim strap but sees a lack of suitable opponents.

“With the Jon Jones palaver and all the politics around that, I was thinking maybe they’d give me some freak show kind of fight against Brock Lesnar, or maybe at UFC 300 they’d do something a bit out there like Alex Pereira, but that doesn’t look likely now,” Aspinall said. “I have absolutely no idea about my next move. I’m kind of waiting about.

I think people have been playing a little fast and loose with the term “death threat” lately. Every time I’ve asked someone to show me these alleged threats they’ve been completely innocuous, vaguely negative messages. If someone makes you feel like you might die then that’s on YOU, playboy. I want to see actual pen to paper “I’m going to kill you” for me to consider it a death threat.

Back