Dana White Urges Winner of Jon Jones vs. Stipe Miocic to Fight Tom Aspinall

giphy.gif

Stipe will step up and fight Aspinall after he Kos jones, he’s already said he would do it

jon-jones-tom-aspinall.jpg

While retirement talks loom large in the aftermath of Jon Jones’ upcoming heavyweight title fight against Stipe Miocic, UFC CEO Dana White isn’t so sure that would be the best move for either athlete.

While Jones and Miocic were originally scheduled to fight at UFC 295 this past November, “Bones” was forced out due to a torn pectoral muscle. Tom Aspinall went on to defeat Russian knockout artist Sergei Pavlovich in an interim title booking that was put together at the last moment.

Jones was also offered a slot for UFC 300 in April but turned it down, as he wouldn’t recover in time from a recent elbow surgery. With no timeline in sight for Jones’ return, Aspinall initially called for the champ to be stripped of the title and has since been rallying for a booking against either “Bones” or Miocic.

However, judging by their stance over recent months, there is a lot of speculation about both Jones and Miocic retiring after their clash.

According to White, the winner of the heavyweight title fight must give the interim champ a shot at the unified belt in order to cement their G.O.A.T status.

“Yes, this summer it should happen,” White told Maxx Crosby. “It’s interesting [on the retirement aspect]. I think it depends on who wins. I mean, either guy that wins, how do you not fight Aspinall?

This is quite silly.

Dana should be urging Jones to fight the INTERIM CHAMPION now!

What's the point of creating an interim championship if you're not going to put them next in line to fight for the title? It's about as legit as the BMF belt

This is quite silly.

What's the point of creating an interim championship if you're not going to put them next in line to fight for the title? It's about as legit as the BMF belt
esI81YN.gif

This is quite silly.

I would suggest that the BMF belt in this case is actually more legit than the HW belt Stipe and Jones will be fighting for.

Gathje and Holloway love to bang. It's a scrap between two fighters who like to fight, and they both know walking home with that belt is not going to come easy or without taking some punishment. They are two bad mother fuckers.

To be the man, you have to beat the man... Jones waited until the man left. Jones won a vacant belt, and is now defending against a tailor made opponent who has no business being in a title fight right now. It's not a legacy fight at all, and as much as I like Miocic, he is one of the easiest, if not the easiest, opponent for Jones in the HW top 10.

Dana playing his cards wrong here. No one gives a F about jon jones anymore. All he should have been doing is clowning him publicly for only wanting to fight a 40 year old instead of actual contenders. Jon would never fight again and no one would still give a F.

But I'll take the free money over stipe and watch jon retire.

Jon jones = lebron james.

Both cheaters, both successful because of the rules. Majority of jon's fights would be scored completely different in today's rules. Lebron james would be an average player with NBA rules from the 90's.

It’s bizarre that Dana still wants the stipe/jones fight

Must have been promised to be one or both.

It feels like a red line, we're getting this fight no matter what, which is only really likely if Dana has guaranteed it and has made it a matter of principle.

wait
gotta ignore the retard who says picto instead of pico since god know how long
ok we can continue

Jones ain't risking his legacy against the insanely dangerous Aspinall and old man Stipe wouldn't last 30 seconds in there with him at this stage of his career.

Dana's talking into blank space

The UFC making no powerplay for Jones to fight Aspinall still confuses me.

Aspinall is young and is gonna be around for awhile. He's not bland or dull, he's got a great personality and humor that could easily catch on. Let him get the name value from Jones FFS. Why is the UFC so against any potential star who's not a flamboyant fucktard like O'Malley or Izzy.

Stipe vs Jones really isn't gonna sell that much PPV's contrary to what you'd read, not even gonna lie Aspinall vs Jones could potentially out sell it.

Stipe will step up and fight Aspinall after he Kos jones, he’s already said he would do it

Well technically he said "let's talk about unifying the belts" which isn't exactly a promise. But considering he makes a point of pride out of never dictating the contender to a belt he's held, that's probably as firm an offer as you could get out of him. And I definitely could see him doing it.

Jon Jones was the youngest UFC champion and has swam with the sharks his whole career. Sorry, I know there are guys who think muscles make great fighters but Ngannou isn't in the same league. Jones owes Ngannou nothing and could retire as the GOAT in my eyes, anyway.

Dana playing his cards wrong here. No one gives a F about jon jones anymore. All he should have been doing is clowning him publicly for only wanting to fight a 40 year old instead of actual contenders. Jon would never fight again and no one would still give a F.

But I'll take the free money over stipe and watch jon retire.

Jon jones = lebron james.

Both cheaters, both successful because of the rules. Majority of jon's fights would be scored completely different in today's rules. Lebron james would be an average player with NBA rules from the 90's.
This is funny because I have the same opinion as you about LeBron but a different view of Jones. Whatever he took he has fought more killers and over a longer period of time than any MMA guy ever has. Remember when Gane was going to expose him lol?

Back