Dave Leduc banned from MTFL Lethwei federation for clout chasing

I'm sure his argument would be that all of our opinions are invalid because he could "kick our ass" and some reference about living in a basement.
Lol, I’m pretty sure are a few who post on this forum that would probably mop the floor with him.

Someone sent me this. Leduc has some guy posting about a documentary that wasn't completed as more promo for him. They try to link Bruce Lee and the Gracies to him. The info below his photo was obviously added in response:

Leduc (1).jpg

His constant slating of MT on Facebook was pathetic and every reply states how shit he was at the sport he deleted . Wow dave you can headbutt but yer still a cunt

Ok sherbros...who did this?? Anyways, lets ser how much this stays that way until his PR team changes it.

Also, haven't seen his Wiki in a while, but he has a TON on "honors and awards"...like "first non Myanmar fighter to throw a headbutt". I am surprised that there wasn't something talking about this BJJ Fanatics instructional videos.

Screenshot_20210801-113542~2.png

Last edited:
Ok sherbros...who did this?? Anyways, lets ser how much this stays that way until his PR team changes it.

Also, haven't seen his Wiki in a while, but he has a TON on "honors and awards"...like "first non Myanmar fighter to throw a headbutt". I am surprised that there wasn't something talking about this BJJ Fanatics instructional videos.

View attachment 871389

Just checked out the wiki for the first time and he probably added it himself. Seems to overhype everything, including 'controversy' so just another superlative he can stick on his moniker.

Fwiw, this was my favourite part :

In 2018, Leduc made headlines after posting a fan art on social media, showing of a 1000-kyats note with a picture of him printed on it, suggesting that the Central Bank of Myanmar was issuing a sports celebratory note with him on it. The announcement went viral and outraged the Myanmar population because of the sensitive nature of the issue. After the 8888 Uprising, the government redesigned the national currency removing the picture of General Aung San, replacing it with Chinthe and elephants. The military regime in the 1990s tried to eradicate all traces of Aung San's memory, considered the father of modern-day Myanmar and who was assassinated by political rivals six months before independence on Jan. 4, 1948.[144] Leduc was severely criticized, receiving multiple threats before going public and explaining the strategy behind his stunt, saying his goal was to revive the debate about bringing back Aung San on the currency. After his explanation, Leduc's tactic was acclaimed.

Strategy? Acclaimed? Sure, Dave, you absolute muppet.

Most of the stuff on the page was written by him or his wife or the guys he works with including one guy I think who is writing a bio on him(can only imagine what that will be like) so its all exaggerated. If you look at the old bio vs the new one--It makes no mention of him doing headbutts when he was young and all the sanshou stuff and now pushing JKD. The headbutt thing is hilarious as well what fights has he won with a headbutt?

One thing is the info is spreading in piecemeal fashion, the new BLACK BELT has a small little sidebar thing on his ban, but jumbles all the facts because the writer like always did no research. On the Aung San currency thing, I remember that, he was mostly laughed at like a bad publicity stunt like most of his stuff. He was laughed at the first time he pulled the buakaw stuff with the manager just saying false news back to him and sent him off crying. He came back a second time one year later and it blew up in his face.

If the WLC doesnt do any more fights, then he is a former champion and as far as Golden Belt he cant defend that because that is an internal competition and he aint going back to Burma unless he wants to do his own prison fights from inside Insein prison with reversed position where he will be the one fighting for his freedom.

I guess he is just the champion of his Turkish hermit tribe now, but Turkey is not far from France so hopefully the Lidon fight can still be made. Im starting to get the vibe that he is slowly descending into a Bobby Fischer style eccentric spiral though so wouldnt be surprised if he never fought again.

Would love to see him fight someone good. But don't think that will happen anytime soon. He is now a Jeet Kune Do master from the looks of it. This was a priceless Facebook post from today.

Leduc.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-08-20 at 5.08.01 AM.png Dave King Nothing Leduc at it again. Its funny how he gets people to try and reinvigorate the same tired stuff over and over. The propaganda rolls on. He got banned from Myanmar and Thailand for his last try, lets see what he goes for this time...

Someone sent me this. Leduc has some guy posting about a documentary that wasn't completed as more promo for him. They try to link Bruce Lee and the Gracies to him. The info below his photo was obviously added in response:

View attachment 870174
That "guy" is probably his "blogger" wife. LOL

In addition to his "blogger"wife he has new guy "Jonny SAYS" who was supposedly doing a documentary on lethwei, but really only about Leduc. But I guess with all the fall out and Leduc tumbling off the mantle, they are going into hyper drive to sell Leduc as the big man. This is one of the newest vids. Again with the Buakaw thing. Leduc is banned from fighting in Thailand and Myanmar. No promoter for sure in Thailand is going to bother with him now or anytime soon. But notice the wording WHO WINS then Jonny says its about training who's training is better..LOL.

Now attempting to go to Cambodia. Looks like his September seminar in Mexico is postponed until May 2021. I have to give him credit he keeps trying.

Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 7.30.53 AM.png

Reactions: NRT
I went twice to Myanmar to train. I trained mostly outside of Myanmar as I contacted someone who trained there frequently and I got some good training in. Leduc is virtually unknown outside of Yangon and nobody really cares about him. Its mostly the facebook crowd that follow him because they got addicted to their cellphones over there pretty quick and facebook was their main addiction.

Leduc.jpg I guess he is not going to fight anyone anytime soon. Been waiting. He is writing his autobiography as has been mentioned before. Thought this post someone posted on facebook summed it upp.

That's pretty funny. Who in their right mind would pay for a book about him?

Seems like this Lethwei Boot Camp in Turkey is going to fail hard. Ertan Balaban is begging on Instagram to just pay 500 Euro Deposit for this "great" experience because "no one in Turkey is showing interest while everyone in Europe wants to join this Camp". Balaban is basically the turkish Edmond and a snake oil salesman.

Fuck both of them.

I just read this and you just cant make this shit up. He is trying to sell his new vid series and obviously the mexico seminar is postponed now and the Turkey thing is having problems. His striking for alphas term he used for his vid drew crazy criticism so he spun into something new!

Leduc: Im starting a new term: « Alpha striker »
The Alpha striker has strong sternocléidomastoïd muscles because he trains his neck. The Alpha Striker has strong wrists, fingers and knuckles because he incorporates gloveless bag sessions and hand strengthening push-ups in his weekly routine.

Most MMA and good combat athletes train this to a high efficient level. Leduc is just catching up now.

Back