Dave Leduc banned from MTFL Lethwei federation for clout chasing

Never watched lethwei, but are headbutts really effective and used often??
Seems like sure fire way to get koed

Last edited:
Never watched lethwei, but are headbutts really effective and used often??
Seems like sure fire way to get koed

They're used often but not overly effective, imo. A lot of it happens from the clinch so it's not (usually) dude's jumping in with their heads. Though that does happen and can be spectacular,

it's far from the norm. I find most lethwei fights boring.

What a silly situation to put yourself in. Does he have diehard fans or something that will eat his every word? He's begging for a fight that's seemingly never gonna happen and making all parties look bad while doing it.

I don't watch MT or Lithwei but this style of promoting I imagine wouldn't be appreciated

What a silly situation to put yourself in. Does he have diehard fans or something that will eat his every word? He's begging for a fight that's seemingly never gonna happen and making all parties look bad while doing it.

I don't watch MT or Lithwei but this style of promoting I imagine wouldn't be appreciated

He represents a super niche sport where almost all of its fans are based in Myanmar, a hermit military dictatorship state on a brink of a civil war. When you don't have many things to be proud of in your country, you will take anyone willing to be on your side including a crazed anti-vax clout chaser.

He represents a super niche sport where almost all of its fans are based in Myanmar, a hermit military dictatorship state on a brink of a civil war. When you don't have many things to be proud of in your country, you will take anyone willing to be on your side including a crazed anti-vax clout chaser.

I would challengethat and say that his fans aren't in Myanmar but rather in Quebec where he's from if anything or other countries because I can't imagine local Burmese knowing who he is or even caring about him let alone with everything going in their country.

Do you have anything showing he has Burmese fans?

I would say he has a bunch of fans but based mostly in Yangon, and it's a big country(outside of Yangon maybe a spattering of people even know or care who he is). He doesnt have the following that he thinks he does like saying his wedding was watched by "millions" is nothing but a joke. The problem with him setting up bigger fights is he doesnt have the following or the money to back him, he created a great illusion but when it comes to hard facts it blows up quick. There seems to be tons and tons of gullible people who believe every word he says. You can see that in all the writing nobody asks lets say what Buakaw or Buakaw;s manager thinks they just write the fantasy coming out of his mouth.

I would challengethat and say that his fans aren't in Myanmar but rather in Quebec where he's from if anything or other countries because I can't imagine local Burmese knowing who he is or even caring about him let alone with everything going in their country.

Nobody knows who he is in Qc

Update to my previous post:

So now his plan is to live as a vegan permaculturalist in Turkey and form a "tribe" that trains Lethwei?

This dude is pretty weird lol If he can do that for a year without going broke I will be impressed.

I think his fans are more just random people through the internet and people that saw him on Joe Rogan's show and believed the BS.

Seems to have some burmese followers who praise him on social media. However the majority of his followers seems to be casuals buying his bullshit.

Yeah, his Facebook posts were all sponsored in Myanmar so they end up on everyone's streams. Hence the 'millions saw my wedding' claim - probably true, because it showed up on mine about 10 times over like a year or something. I'd still say that he has a number of casual 'fans', but the number who are actually following his career or would spend a kyat on him are few and far between.

his defenders are all seem like imature kids who think that lethwai is some unbeatable savage art beacuse its underground
i was like that with ninjustu when i was younger until i woke up
i doubt many of his fans are actully skilled much
sad to see bas rutten praise him but bas gives con man vibes too alot to be honest

his defenders are all seem like imature kids who think that lethwai is some unbeatable savage art beacuse its underground
i was like that with ninjustu when i was younger until i woke up
i doubt many of his fans are actully skilled much
sad to see bas rutten praise him but bas gives con man vibes too alot to be honest

Bas sold his soul for money a long time ago. I like a lot of his stuff but he would promote any bullshit for money.

Can someone enlighten me as to who he is and why I already dislike him ?

I’m surprised that he hasn’t interjected himself into this thread.

I'm shocked as well he hasn't made an appearance or posted under another name which is his usual method. I think he has been exposed to the point people can see right through his propaganda and nonsense for the most part. He has been pushing his Turkey camp and a seminar in Mexico for his tribe of gullible followers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back