Media DDP: I am the champion now and decide when I fight, Izzy will only fight when we tell him

Something about this guy just really irritates me, maybe it's the accent, his whole demeanor just annoys me, like those entitled kids in school who grow up with rich parents and a big family that tells them they are great all the time, and yes I never had that so maybe I am just salty

people bitched and shit all over UFC for not making this fight esp the media like Ariel hating on them saying just make the fight for 300, we'll heres the reason why. DDP didnt want it.

DDP has been on a mission to lose fans since he’s won the belt with all of these retarded statements. Waiting for a UFC Africa event (which will never happen) to defend? Lmao.

Of course I want to be a part of that. But there's one thing that matters to me more than fighting on a massive card; That is being able to defend my title and doing this in a spectacular fashion.

He's gotten pretty damned good on the mic, and he makes a compelling argument.

On the flip side. He's likely taken himself out of the UFC's good graces and he'd be wise to be wary of that.

Izzy said/implied the same thing a while back... said something like "You dont decide Dickus, when i fight, i do..."

That day he loses the belt is coming quick. Not quick enough though.

Sorry Sherbro, I was scratching my head at your entire post. Didn't quite follow the flow of it. Seems like you're criticizing DDP's attitude, and also at the same time feel that Izzy does not deserve to fight Sean strickland again and does not deserve to fight DDP for the title too?
This is a legit clarification with no sarcasm. Just tryna understand your points.
I don't like Du Plesis wanting to pick and choose who to fight but I don't think Adesanya should get a title fight with Du Plesis. Adesanya and Strickland can fight again if they want. I wasn't putting those two together.

As far as a rematch goes, A lost to B, B lost to C, so why should A get a fight with C when rematches almost always involved A and B? You can't even sell A getting a rematch without it being a complete gift because C is the new champ now - someone completely different.

Seems logical to me. No need to take crazy unnecessary risks as a champ. I wish someone told volk this last year lol.

He talks a lot of shit for someone who barely beat Strickland (and many may argue he didnt win that fight, with good arguments)

Calm your titties DDP

Just take the fight and stfu.

Based Dricus giving them a taste of there own medicine
It’s funny because he’s only saying what everyone does but doesnt say. And people are mad at it lmao.

But those same people probably won’t stop to ask why a perfectly healthy Islam mahachev hasn’t fought this year and why all of his contenders are fighting eachother instead.

Hint:he is doing what dricus is saying, but not verbalizing it.

This is a PR nightmare for DDP

Is he wrong? No, I don't think so. The UFC tried to rush him to fight in Australia against Izzy, and then they tried to rush him against a well rested Izzy again for UFC 300.

DDP said no to Australia, and they dropped him and moved on with Strickland.

DDP had to wait for his shot, and only got it against Strickland because Izzy was throwing a hissy fit and decided to take a long break from UFC.

DDP managed to win the belt, but not without getting his face busted up by Strickland. And the UFC still wants him to make a quick turnaround?

Like DDP said, He is the CHAMP... he gets to decide, and he is right.

That being said, this is a PR nightmare for DDP. As it is, half the MMA world thinks he got gifted that decision against Strickland. So, while DDP says he is the champ... most don't agree with this.

And DDP goes about make a public statement that he said NO to fighting Izzy at UFC 300, and that he will only fight when he wants to? That's just dumb.

Not to mention, Dana White is not someone that you want to cross.
If Izzy wasn't so against fighting Strickland, Dana would have made that fight for the Interim Championship and looked for an excuse to strip DDP.

Normally I hate this kind of thing but Izzy pulled the same shit on Alex after beating him one time so in this case I'm glad.

Actually I think Alex was already planning on moving up. Either way Izzy said it before that was even confirmed and even if Alex stayed Izzy still wouldn't have given him a rematch.

Hearing Perth is going to host 305 in August. I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC tries to book DDP/Izzy to headline. DDP should push for IFW(303) late June or Utah(304) in July.

in b4 the UFC tells him, hey fuckface, actually, we're the ones doing the summoning here bitch

^This. The UFC will tell him when and who he fill fight. Not even Conor is big enough to be calling the shots.

but dricus is better than everyone izzy has faced bar Poatan and Alex obviously does not wrestle.
There is no way he will do it, he isn't better than Brunson at wrestling.
Can't see him being able to hold him down for 5 rounds as effortlessly as he claims, I would think he gasses after 2 rounds of nonstop wrestling.

Back