Do you consider Jones a paper champ?

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Listen, what he did to Gane was impressive. This guy wasn't a one-eyed Bisping with one foot out the door. This guy was in his prime, and Jones trashed him.

But here's the thing...

Jones never fought someone of Nganou's strength, knockout power, and size.

And it was suspicious that he never attempted to step in the octagon while Ngannou still had fights before his contract renewal.

He said he was training.

For what?

He was bloated for this fight.

And lets face it...

He was SHOOK to fight Francis.

He never said shit for the time Francis was champ, and now that he knows Francis is his own man and doesn't want to be treated like a slave with the ridiculous stipulation the UFC contracts bestow, he's talking MAD shit.

If Jon Jones really wanted to prove himself, he should have talk to Dana and had him grant Francis a one-fight contract.

Unless he's afraid?

Since he smoked Cyril way easier and way faster than Ngannou, no i dont.

I don't believe in Gane as much as everyone else seemed to (before and after that fight). I consider it weak to wait out til an easy opportunity came... But he's not a paper champ he is just (currently) best of a bad bunch. Which far slugger do you think he wouldn't beat up?

He hasn’t fought a sitting champion or a past champion at all. Hasn’t defended his belt.

Hard to claim he’s the real heavyweight champion tbh

ya hes the real champ, but lets see if how the Stipe fight goes

Jones is definitely the real UFC HW champion.

Is he the best HW currently in the UFC? Considerably more likely than not, but not proven.

Is Jones the current best MMA HW in the world? Possible, but way more evidence (or a solid thrashing of Ngannou) is needed before the claim enters the realm of fact rather than plausible speculation.

Listen, what he did to Gane was impressive. This guy wasn't a one-eyed Bisping with one foot out the door. This guy was in his prime, and Jones trashed him.

But here's the thing...

Jones never fought someone of Nganou's strength, knockout power, and size.

And it was suspicious that he never attempted to step in the octagon while Ngannou still had fights before his contract renewal.

He said he was training.

For what?

He was bloated for this fight.

And lets face it...

He was SHOOK to fight Francis.

He never said shit for the time Francis was champ, and now that he knows Francis is his own man and doesn't want to be treated like a slave with the ridiculous stipulation the UFC contracts bestow, he's talking MAD shit.

If Jon Jones really wanted to prove himself, he should have talk to Dana and had him grant Francis a one-fight contract.

Unless he's afraid?
Let's be real, Jon will never be seen as the true champ until he beats Francis. He can clear the division out and everyone will still say, "But he Didn't beat the real champ."

No, I consider him a paper airplane.

But I’m pretty stoned.

Let's be real, Jon will never be seen as the true champ until he beats Francis. He can clear the division out and everyone will still say, "But he Didn't beat the real champ."

Someone pointed out that he did better than Ngannou against their common opponent. If he also beats the fighters who beat Ngannou, which is difficult but not farfetched, he'll look more legit.
My reservations about Jones have more to do with his chequered past: his failed drug tests, and his phony wins at LHW, without which he would never have gotten a shot at the title one division up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilla
Back