Do you get something from your employer for Christmas ?

Boss chucked a KUIU jacket at me and said “MERRY CHRISTMAS”

Made my day

I would've gotten a cash bonus but I'm too new at the company.
Every employee got a free company hoodie as well.
Free marketing for the company I suppose, the hoodie is comfy though.

Self employed. I think we have it the worst. Not only do we NOT get bonuses, we have to buy gifts for people who DO get bonuses. :p

We laid off 106 people in 2020 due to the forced government pandemic restrictions. We just had the best year ever so $2k bonus and 12.6% raise. No Christmas bonus yet but I would imagine something small

Actually they haven't announced the percent yet but I just googled cost of living and it says 6%

Yeah they give us a cost of living raise and it's usually like 2% while in reality the cost of living goes up yearly higher than that. Basically I lose money there. I usually get a few grand bonus though but not this year cuz covid. That said we had all those stimulus and I got a shit ton of other stuff from my work due to covid that's more than my bonus would have been anyways. Actually we got a 10% raise this year but it's only for 2022 and doesn't stay on your salary, it's just to help with covid.

The first 15 years at my last job I got a Turkey at Thanksgiving, A ham at Christmas and a monetary bonus of $4,000. After the owner died the highest bonus I got was $2,000 the next 10 years. The last 10 years, after the company was sold, the bonus was $200.

Yeah, a basket with fruits and sweets for the kids.

They give us money. Separate from year end bonuses.

Kind of. They threw a Christmas party this week with food, ornament raffle, drinks, etc. Was a nice end to a busy week for sure.

pineapple-pen-main.jpg

It was this or a candle, I've got electricity in my house.......so.......

Maybe if there was an 8/10 with pointy elbows handing out iPads, might have gone for that........

Nope. Pretty sure I work for one of the cheapest hospitals on the planet. Which is one of the reasons I'm looking at travel positions.

I got my bonus taken away for having strep throat and missing 2 days of work with drs note

that sucks

about 5 years ago our entire department got no fiscal year edn bonus and we were all like 'da fuck/' and boss was like 'no dice'.

then like 3 month later a higher up was like 'hope the new system of merit only bonuses went well?' and we found out our leader gave himself the entire bonus he was given for the team.

Dude was allowed to resign a bit later.

Bosses be grasping bitches sometimes so hope you get yours.

We get a gift box with a mix of overpriced products from some of the sellers who have websites on our platform.

Last year was a ceramic tea cup with a bamboo lid, a candle, a blanket and some fancy hot chocolate.

This year was a coffee cup, a Turkish towel, some fancy coffee and a beanie.

I'd rather just get an Amazon gift card for the price equivalent, lol.

I just got a $100 gift card today! It was a nice gesture, I appreciated it.

Back