Does anyone else think crocop would smashed

prime cro cop only loses to fedor.

runs through the ufc hwy div like a knife through butter
I wonder why Pride guys had such tiny 1-2 year long primes of their career. People say the same thing about Hunt.

In 2003 Crocop got armbarred by Nog, in 2004 he got KOd by Randleman, in 2005 he lost to Hunt and Fedor, in 2007 he got knocked out by Gonzaga.

When was this mythical prime????

I wonder why Pride guys had such tiny 1-2 year long primes of their career. People say the same thing about Hunt.

In 2003 Crocop got armbarred by Nog, in 2004 he got KOd by Randleman, in 2005 he lost to Hunt and Fedor, in 2007 he got knocked out by Gonzaga.

When was this mythical prime????

I guess his prime was in between the second (2005) and third Barnett fight(2006). This was before he got his knee operation. His standup was sharp and he was training his ground game with Werdum.
He did loose to Hunt in that period but it was due to a mix of poor game planing and Pride pushing Hunt (back to back controversial wins over Wanderlei and CC).
His performance against Wanderlei and Barnett in the GP are his most well rounded showings.
He lit them up and wasn't afraid to follow them down to the ground to finish them.

It's a short prime in terms of time (one year), but he had 6 fights in that period. For example Cain's last 6 fights stretch over 7 years.

Last edited:
Yep.

And CC was kO'd by Randleman...who was finished in 2 of 3 prior and never had a meaningful win sgain.

Schaub ko'd CC...and Mir...and Gonzaga....and Nelson

Junior Dos Santos, Mir, Arlovski lost to plenty of fighters while they were on 2-3 fights losing streak, or larger, yet you conut them as big wins for fighters that beat them.
Each of those UFC champions was KOed more times in MMA than Cro Cop.
It is a lot better to lose to Schaub than to C league regional fighter Joaquim Ferreira like Junior Dos Santos.
Rest like Stipe, Cormier, Cain did not fight enough and calculated with a lot of rest and year layoff. They would be melted and broken if they fought every 2 months for years. With 40+ fights over different MMA rules you get a lot better picture, 20 fights in only one rules is more overrated.

The man has a decision over Barnett and a finish of Herring.

Those are literally his best wins.

Ngannou has wins vs Blaydes,
Cain has wins vs JDS, Lesnar
Junior Dos Satnos has wins vs Stipe, Mir, Werdum, Cain

By your logic, they have no other good wins.

Cro Cop has wins vs Vovchancyn, Coleman, Randleman, Sakuraba who were the biggest names that egzisted in MMA by that time, as much as new generation of stars has wins vs recent years past prime Can, JDS, Werdum, Overeem, Arlovski.
Cro Cop has wins vs Fujia as much as Cain has wins vs Bigfoot.
Cro Cop has win vs Yoshida, Waterman or Magomedov, as much as someone nowadays can have wins vs Tybura, Shamil or Ivanov.
Cro Cop has win vs Wanderlei as much as somene nowadays can have win vs Jones.

So what was the problem shen he was 31 and 6 months removed from the mythical OWGP???

32 and 6
Barnett, Noguiera, Wanderlei, Werdum, Overeem, Hunt, Alex Emelianenko, Kharitonov, Fujita, Koshaka, Yoshida... failed to win that Grand Prix, and Cro Cop won it and bested them all. Cro Cop won the strongest MMA competiton in the world at that time. And unforseen circumstances and higher force took away rematch with Fedor from him and deserved shot to take #1 spot in the world.

Problem was the complete change of rules and where the fight takes place, that none of UFC stars in last 15 years faced. And multiple surgeries, especially on knees that soon followed due to 54 pro fights in 10 years, or fighting every 2 months without rest vs numerous champions like Fedor, Barnett, Nog, Coleman, Vovchanchyn Le Banner, Aerts, Hoost, Wanderlei, Bernardo, Hunt, Hug, Bonjasky... in professional kill or be killed fights.

Last edited:
Junior Dos Santos, Mir, Arlovski lost to plenty of fighters while they were on 2-3 fights losing streak, or larger, yet you conut them as big wins for fighters that beat them.
Each of those UFC champions was KOed more times in MMA than Cro Cop.
It is a lot better to lose to Schaub than to C league regional fighter Joaquim Ferreira like Junior Dos Santos.
Rest like Stipe, Cormier, Cain did not fight enough and calculated with a lot of rest and year layoff. They would be melted and broken if they fought every 2 months for years. With 40+ fights over different MMA rules you get a lot better picture, 20 fights in only one rules is more overrated.

Ngannou has wins vs Blaydes,
Cain has wins vs JDS, Lesnar
Junior Dos Satnos has wins vs Stipe, Mir, Werdum, Cain

By your logic, they have no other good wins.

Cro Cop has wins vs Vovchancyn, Coleman, Randleman, Sakuraba who were the biggest names that egzisted in MMA by that time, as much as new generation of stars has wins vs recent years past prime Can, JDS, Werdum, Overeem, Arlovski.
Cro Cop has wins vs Fujia as much as Cain has wins vs Bigfoot.
Cro Cop has win vs Yoshida, Waterman or Magomedov, as much as someone nowadays can have wins vs Tybura, Shamil or Ivanov.
Cro Cop has win vs Wanderlei as much as somene nowadays can have win vs Jones.

32 and 6
Barnett, Noguiera, Wanderlei, Werdum, Overeem, Hunt, Alex Emelianenko, Kharitonov, Fujita, Koshaka, Yoshida... failed to win that Grand Prix, and Cro Cop won it and bested them all. Cro Cop won the strongest MMA competiton in the world at that time. And unforseen circumstances and higher force took away rematch with Fedor from him and deserved shot to take #1 spot in the world.

Problem was the complete change of rules and where the fight takes place, that none of UFC stars in last 15 years faced. And multiple surgeries, especially on knees that soon followed due to 54 pro fights in 10 years, or fighting every 2 months without rest vs numerous champions like Fedor, Barnett, Nog, Coleman, Vovchanchyn Le Banner, Aerts, Hoost, Wanderlei, Bernardo, Hunt... in professional kill or be killed fights.

All your dribble aside, CC has neaten 2 good HWs.

Herring and Barnett...i guess Gonzaga too

So what was the problem shen he was 31 and 6 months removed from the mythical OWGP???

The man has a decision over Barnett and a finish of Herring.

Those are literally his best wins.
He was 33 years old at the time of his Gonzaga loss. He had 58 fights on his resume at that point between kickboxing and mma. He had beaten multiple UFC HW champions and fought in wars with Wand, Hunt, Fedor, Barnett, Nog and many others. A murderers row that would run through the current HW division. Only people who just started watching mma don’t understand this. Stipe has benefited from a division where guys like Hunt and people who fought decades ago are still able to stay at the top. Stipe’s opponents have an average age of 38, and almost everyone of them had been finished brutally at least once before facing him. Anyone can catch a head kick in the hw division as Cro Cop did. But, don’t try to act like he was at his peak at 33, with all of those miles. Stipe would be lucky to make it past round 2 in a pride Grand Prix.

Yeah, and few months later when he came in UFC he wasn't in his prime anymore and he was too injured fighter. Please, I like Mirko and it was always fun to watch his fights, but saying that version of him would beat any HW alive is a little bit ridiculous.
Stipe would absolutely dominate any version of Cro Cop. Stipe is a lot better all around MMA fighter - better wrestler and I also think even better boxer. Mirko is better - because of course he is elite kickboxer - in kicks and that is maybe his chance in that match. Of course this is HW and suprising KO/TKO is more possible than in any other division, but having Mirko as a favourite against Stipe is absurd.

I was alluding to the current heavyweights at that time, not all time. I dont entertain in fantasy matchups because there is no definitive answer.

I would pick Mirko at his best to beat Stipe in a ring but it wouldn't be the same fight in a cage.

He was 33 years old at the time of his Gonzaga loss. He had 58 fights on his resume at that point between kickboxing and mma. He had beaten multiple UFC HW champions and fought in wars with Wand, Hunt, Fedor, Barnett, Nog and many others. A murderers row that would run through the current HW division. Only people who just started watching mma don’t understand this. Stipe has benefited from a division where guys like Hunt and people who fought decades ago are still able to stay at the top. Stipe’s opponents have an average age of 38, and almost everyone of them had been finished brutally at least once before facing him. Anyone can catch a head kick in the hw division as Cro Cop did. But, don’t try to act like he was at his peak at 33, with all of those miles. Stipe would be lucky to make it past round 2 in a pride Grand Prix.

GTFO here lol

Izzy has like a 100 professional fights.

That's how the UFC marketed him:

"Pride OW champ with tons of mileage and injuries!!!! Lets see if he has anything left!!!"

Last edited:
You pride fanboys are telling me the guy that got knocked out by Brendan Shaub has a chance against stipe ?
You ignorant UFC fans telling me that the guy that got knocked out by Stefan Struve has a chance against Cro Cop? I don't believe that any more than what you wrote, shit post gets a shit post. Go watch some MMA and stop hating you muppet.

WeC and SF fighters were way bigger players than PRIDE. Nog Interim and lost. Rampage lost after unification, Shogun destroyed. WeC and SF talent was far superior all around.

Hendo was likely the best outside of PRIDE in major orgs but he lost both unifications.
Every fighter you mention won a title in the UFC. You're either a new fan, trolling or just plain stupid.

Stipe if both where in there primes? I just don't see how stipe would hold off crocop. He couldn't keep him down and I feel crocop right leg hospital or left leg cemeteries him. What do you all think?

When were they ever simultaneously in their primes? If they fought in 2007 Cro-cop wins easily. If they fought today Stipe wins easily. There probably was a cross-over point when neither was in their primes where it would have been close, but I'm not sure when that was.

If they were born at the same time (so their prime's would coincide) then they'd both have had the same training and techniques available, so either Stipe would lose knowledge and skills if he was born earlier, or Crocop would gain knowledge and skills if he were born later. I don't know how that'd turn out.

You ignorant UFC fans telling me that the guy that got knocked out by Stefan Struve has a chance against Cro Cop? I don't believe that any more than what you wrote, shit post gets a shit post. Go watch some MMA and stop hating you muppet.

A prime Cro cop got ko by a MW Randleman, thats worst than losing to Stefan Struve. You pride fans are straight delusional, always propping up pride fighters...Fedor and crocop, two of the most overrated fighters ever.

Cro cop boxing was shit, he rely too much on his telegraph kick with no set up.

The danger for CC is Stipe going forward, cutting him off and landing his usual power punches close to the cage. Mirko was better at avoiding that in the ring. He was usually circling and doing the stalking, not being the stalkee. There was the Hunt MMA fight, but Hunt was very good at finding boxing range. But CC did have some weakness vs pressure. Wasn't at his best boxing up close, more sidestep counters.

From striking distance, stationary kickboxing range, Mirko would've had the advantage and he was tough to hold down. I don't think Stipe is a good enough top control wrestler to hold him down. So I'd give the edge to Mirko.

These two are also former sparring partners. CC was basically Stipe's idol. And IIRC old Mirko gave him good rounds. That plays a part as well, the little brother/big brother dynamic.

This is all nostalgia goggles talking. Fighters today are much much better than 10, 20, 30 years ago. Sports evolve, that's just the way of the world. There are now better training regiments and better tactics. Stipe would dominate Cro Cop or Fedor.

Sure CroCop could possibly pull it off but I would expect more times than not that Stipe would win in such a mythical matchup.

A prime Cro cop got ko by a MW Randleman, thats worst than losing to Stefan Struve. You pride fans are straight delusional, always propping up pride fighters...Fedor and crocop, two of the most overrated fighters ever.

Cro cop boxing was shit, he rely too much on his telegraph kick with no set up.

Lost any credibility by calling Randleman a MW.
Who, by the way, was an upper echelon fighter and fought in HW title match, unlike gatekeeper Struve.

CC & Fedor are overrated, unlike Silvia and Ricco Rodriguez, right?
Noob

Back