Does anyone else think crocop would smashed

this is an exaggerated example but: do you really think Reem from ten years ago or when he conquered K1 would lose to Reem of today who has much more experience but age related decline? I think the younger Reem KOs this very experienced version of Reem 9 times out 10. With the tenth time only being in doubt cause of how Reem always finds a way to lose a fight he’s winning. How about today’s no chin Fedor vs him twenty years ago? He surely has seen and learned more since his youth!

The balance between experience, and skill enhancement vs age and damage related decline is a delicate matter.

You can’t dismiss the claim that HW division today is clearly geriatric by saying it’s ok they are more experienced today. You have to acknowledge they are more shop worn, damaged, slower and CTE infested then ever before too.

the reason pride fighters peaked earlier is cause they fought 3–5 times an year, every year. UFC HWs don’t fight much, there’s been talk about stripping Stipe for inactivity multiple times already.

You're right about Reem because he got KTFO a million times, which is the difference here. Your original point was that fighters being in their 30s automatically means they're worse when so many fighters objectively peak in their 30s (and of course these guys didn't get KTFO 10 times before this happened of course). So the fact that Stipe beat lots of guys in their 30s doesn't mean anything on its own.

But yes, the UFC HW division is overall weak, and PRIDE's HW division was by far the best in the history of the sport. Almost all sherdoggers are a complete fanboy for either fighters of the past or of today, when the truth is more in the middle.

Cro Cop is a bad ass fighter and I don't know if it is a mental thing or not but he never could get over that final hurdle when it really mattered it seems. Honestly I'd pick Stipe against a prime Cro Cop.

Testing pool.

Cro Cop isn't the same fighter in a cage. The angles are different and he's a bit out of his element. Just look at his UFC run. Then look at the end of his career when he was fighting in Japan. He also wasn't out of his Prime when he first entered the UFC either he just got done beating Josh Barnett and won the Pride open-weight GP.
That is a big factor as well as USADA.

I believe prime Kharitonov would beat Stipe let alone the Trinity of Pride's HW division
I think so too. Kharitonov was a better boxer, I assume. He can lose on the ground though. It's very even. With Cro cop not so much

Mikro Filipovic who won the 2006 Open Weight Grand Prix on September 10th 2006 would have been any heavyweight alive in my opinion. That was the best performance of his career.
For sure. He was in the zone that day

Innocent until proven guilty.

look at the difference in his body shape by the time he got to his 3rd ufc fight, similar to what happened with Overeem just smaller.

Let’s look at this from a non-nuthugger point of view.
Prime Cro Cops striking was, let’s be real, KO’ing fighters in K-1, so it had to be top notch. Standing up, he would merc Stipe. There is no comparison.
Grappling, for those who know, Stipe went to Cro Cop and polished his skills before the Hunt fight. And during those two weeks, Stipe got dominated on the ground. I remember Stipe saying that Cro Cop was physically stronger than him. So yeah, prime CroCop sons Stiopic......
Most deadly striker ever in mma was Ubereem btw.
And overeem got toyed with standing against stipe

Ez

Stipe either knocks cro cop out standing or finishes him on the ground, depends on what the path of least resistance is

Stipe KO's any version of CC in the first round.

Gunt and Reem were both better than CC.

Probably AA to tbh.

Herring and the decision over barnett are mirko's biggest wins.

Peak Cro Cop got murked by a bunch of mediocre strikers.

Wut? Stipe got ko by struve when they were BOTH young.. cro cop could do the same lol.

I bet you weren't saying this about lewis when he got KO by an OLD hunt and mitrone huh?

Stipe has one real mark on his record, a KO loss to Struve when he had been fighting for under 3 years. Meanwhile, Mirko at his peak was getting body bagged by Gonzaga and Randleman, not to mention Kongo beat the absolute piss out of him.

Mirko really has a weak MMA resume outside of having Barnetts number and knocking out an undersized Wandy. I can sort of understand why Nog and Fedor get as overrated as they do, but not Cro Cop.

I absolutely think that Cro-Cop n 2003/04 was the most lethal striker in the history of the sport and would KO any version of Stipe

Yes ive had the same profile pic since 2006 im obviously biased

An OG Sherbro!
<DCWhoa>

look at the difference in his body shape by the time he got to his 3rd ufc fight, similar to what happened with Overeem just smaller.
You aren't wrong but still he was older and hadn't pissed hot as far as I know. Overeem went from having a slim body like Anderson Silva to looking like a steroid abuser so you aren't wrong. I'm not saying Cro Cop never not took anything illegal but he also never pissed hot except when he took HGH for a shoulder (I think?) injury which he had told the UFC it would show up in his UA.

Stipe has one real mark on his record, a KO loss to Struve when he had been fighting for under 3 years. Meanwhile, Mirko at his peak was getting body bagged by Gonzaga and Randleman, not to mention Kongo beat the absolute piss out of him.

Mirko really has a weak MMA resume outside of having Barnetts number and knocking out an undersized Wandy. I can sort of understand why Nog and Fedor get as overrated as they do, but not Cro Cop.

Struve is a worst lost than any of cro cops lol.

Struve is a worst lost than any of cro cops lol.
There is a worse one.
d30c07610110b124ba56bca1e12355d0.gif

And overeem got toyed with standing against stipe

Ez

Stipe either knocks cro cop out standing or finishes him on the ground, depends on what the path of least resistance is
Lol. Overeem dropped Stipe and almost knocked him out. Don't you remember?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zygmunt
Back