Dricus Du Plessis has a message for Adesanya Would you want to see this fight next? #UFC287

Interested in this Fight?

• Total voters
It would be a ton of fun and I think Du Plessis has enough good wins to be a credible challenger

Du Plessis might actually have a point there when he was actually born in, and even trains in Africa. I know that Izzy and fighters are Usman are protective about their heritage but at the same time Du Plessis bringing that belt back to SA means that he's actually bringing it back to SA and it's not just for show either.

That being said I don't see Du Plessis beating Whittaker much less Izzy.

Ooof, the descendent of a colonizer telling a black man from Nigeria(whose family had to migrate thanks to centurys of British rape of the country) that he is not a real African, this angle might not gather the support that he think it might...
Looks like you you don't know how to read. You can't form a sentence either. Race baiter.

Ah yes the old "beat 3 fading dudes to earn the title shot" trajectory if you're one of Dana's publicity-pets. You been sitting around clamoring for Merab, Beneil, Leon or Shavkat to get their far shake recently?

Not sure what your problem is and I don't really care to find out, but, yes I have.

I want to see Dricus fight once after his nostril surgery. Cannonier or Vettori would both be good fights for him. If he looks amazing and finishes one of them, then a fight with Adesanya makes sense.

Ring it up, another easy defense for Izzy until Khamzat contests for the belt

Not sure what your problem is and I don't really care to find out, but, yes I have.
My problem is that Dricus has looked like a sloppy goof and somehow has a ton of people wanting him to get a title shot because he cuts racebait promos.

white South African claims to speak for all of Africa against a Nigerian. Checks out.

comes off as desperate to me.
Mr titty lives in New Zealand.
He has a tattoo to show his pride of Africa.
Meanwhile, DuPlessis lives and trains there.

Tell us who's African, and proud of it........

My problem is that Dricus has looked like a sloppy goof and somehow has a ton of people wanting him to get a title shot because he cuts racebait promos.
I think the real problem is thinking facts are race baiting.
You think African is a race?
Wow, it's almost unbelievable that people are making this black vs white.
Mostly uneducated morons though.

Btw if this fight ever happens should it take place in South Africa?

Potential for sales could be huge if it was held there and both fighters will work extra hard to prep for this fight as well.

@NGute87 Technically it's a continent made up of different countries and all but Du Plessis specifically brought up the South African flag to show that he is a South African fighter.

He's not specific about the whole South Africa vs Africa thing because in a continent where majority of the countries there are trying to play catch-up with the first world countries and/or going through social and economic upheavals, an athlete born from one of those countries actually bringing a UFC belt back home would at least give people living in South Africa something to talk about, if not all of Africa.

Last edited:
the context is 'You're not a real African, you're from NZ, I'm the real African, now fight me' and then putting in the RSA flag. Clearly stoking racial fires in an effort to cut the line because he's not a draw and won't get a title shot based on his resume. I'm not clutching my pearls, but I am calling it out for what it is.
"Stoking racial fires"
You sound like an idiot.
The man has never mentioned race, you ignorant turd.

I think the real problem is thinking facts are race baiting.
You think African is a race?
Wow, it's almost unbelievable that people are making this black vs white.
Mostly uneducated morons though.
Ah yes "facts"
You're a smug brat pretending this "discussion" isn't loaded with ethnoracial dogwhistling. The dude is a boer from a place that was an apartheid state 1 generation ago.
You're the exact type of little boy who loves Dricus and he is banking on as the cornerstone of enthusiasm for him to jump to the front of the line for big money fights off some mediocre performances inside the cage.

You ever left your hometown in Ohio big guy?
wmXvW11.png

"Stoking racial fires"
You sound like an idiot.
The man has never mentioned race, you ignorant turd.
I know things like subtext and context are lost on your dumb ass, so I'll forgive you.

I want to see Dricus fight once after his nostril surgery. Cannonier or Vettori would both be good fights for him. If he looks amazing and finishes one of them, then a fight with Adesanya makes sense.
Yeah if he beats anyone in the top 5 hard to deny him.

I want to see this fight because of the racial spin. They can fight for the Wakanda belt

xpc9k45u0yu51.jpg

Btw some sensitivity should be applied when talking about the Du Plessis and the African topic because apparently racial tensions still exist like crazy over in South Africa and even a whites-only town is a thing that exists over there...

If Du Plesses actually brings that belt back home I dunno if a huge chunk of the South african population would be elated, or pissed off, with chances of it actually happening being quite low.

Izzy still tried his best to bring his belt back to his Nigerian citizens though (even though the belt formally resides in Australia) so maybe Izzy is still the African champion in spirit?

Back