Law Father Faces Human Rights Complaint for Refusing Babysitting Services from a Man

Who is that he is with? that Bunnet is roasting.

Nardwuar is hanging out with Justin Trudeau, former drama teacher, also known for playing dress up, apologizing, crying and being the Canadian Prime Minister.

I heard about this on Facebook because I’m also from Edmonton where this is all occurring. People commenting about it on Facebook make it sound like he could be an MRA type because he’ll often share news stories about female teachers going to jail for fucking their students (in other words the dude’s a Sherdogger).

The Supreme Court actually refused to hear the appeal. He lost his motion for leave to appeal the decision of the Alberta Court of Appeal’s decision not to hear his appeal from the lower court. So because the Supreme Court and the appellate level Court never heard the case it’s not actually of that much precedential value.

So basically the procedural history was this:

1. He lost at first instance at the Human Rights Commission
2. He lost on the internal appeal at the Commission
3. He lost on judicial review of the Commission’s decision by the province’s superior court
4. The province’s Court of Appeal refused to hear an appeal of the judicial review
5. The Supreme Court refuses to hear an appeal of the Court of Appeal’s refusal.

What the Commission said was basically this:
1. That the Human Rights Act did apply to this situation; and
2. That he was discriminated against; BUT
3. The discrimination was permitted because the Commission held that gender of the babysitter was a bona fide occupational requirement (“BFOR” - the only way an employer can justify discrimination under Canadian law) if the parent deems it so. So basically parents are given wider discretion to choose what is and isn’t a BFOR than a regular employer when it comes to the care of their children.
Shit. Big words.

I thought you guys just wore powdered wigs.

haha, what?

Quite a few people have said in this thread that a 30 year old man who likes children are probably pedophiles. But..... why. I know lots of 30 year old men. As far as I know none are child molesters.

Parents should have the final say in who their kids have to interact with in a private setting. Sorry folks, it's not your right to force your presence on those not legally emancipated. Justified discrimination is a thing, and when it comes to kids even a "feeling" is enough for me to side with parents.

The idea that forced interaction with people as a human right is diametrically opposed to freedom of association.

Imagine waking up and thinking "I want to babysit so much that I'm willing to go to the Supreme Court to make it happen."

This guy must really care about kids. That's dedication.

Quite a few people have said in this thread that a 30 year old man who likes children are probably pedophiles. But..... why. I know lots of 30 year old men. As far as I know none are child molesters.

But are the 30 year old men you know trying to babysit a stranger’s kids?

No one hire this man to babysit your kids:eek:

You know....

When we gifted you guys in the US Rob Ford, the Toronto Mayor (RIP) for your entertainment we were not expecting, nor wanting you, to return the favour with an even bigger buffoon.

giphy.gif

<LikeReally5>

But are the 30 year old men you know trying to babysit a stranger’s kids?

I'd assume not, most of them work night shift at a factory.

Do anyone trying to be a babysitter is a child molester? Or just men

So the dude did this before, and the case went all the way to Supreme Court where they dismissed it by saying parents have the right to be comfortable with whomever they welcome into their home.

How does he expect it to on round two?

Maybe slightly less hypocriticaly for someone claiming discrimination based on Sex, considering all the court activism that has happened around Gender Identity, but it’s not going to happen. Our Ministry of Human Rights is ever more insane, but no more consistent that it was a half-decade ago.

Yeah, I didn't dig in to see it. Seems like he's just trying to get his name in the paper or some shit. If someone doesn't hire you to be a babysitter, your rights aren't being violated. Someone else is just being hired for the gig.

There’s a very strong chance his “rights” were absolutely violated, the only question is whether the parents are (still) within their legal bounds to do so.

Is it Jessica Yaniv's brother?

Could just be Mr. Yaniv on a day he’s a man.

Does he have to hire a lawyer for this shit

Not even close. The below response is worth reading for anyone that hasn’t.

Sadly Canada's Human Rights Tribunals are quasi courts with court ability (hear cases, fine or otherwise punish) that are actually outside the court system.

A petitioner brings an application (that comedian was mean to me after I heckled him, as Lesbians said) and if the Tribunal agrees to take up the case, you need to bring a lawyer and defend yourself and all the costs, while the applicant has none. If they rule against you the fines are binding. BUt you could then spend more money to go to a real court to try and get them over turned.

Edmonton has a lot of activism. Especially in our large trans community. Does not seem like this is in any way tied to the latter though. But to me the fact he feels entitled is actually the main reason I would not have him with my kids.

The Human Rights Court is a bludgeon that can be easily used to crush your opposition. Most people can’t afford a full defence, and end up defending themselves in a court that doesn’t even work like a real court, and when they lose (as there is something like a 90% record of finding on the complainants behalf at the Federal level), the defendant has to then try and navigate the appeals system.

The existence of the system in the form it has is a disgrace, and it has obviously been so for 20 years.

The Human Rights Court is a bludgeon that can be easily used to crush your opposition. Most people can’t afford a full defence, and end up defending themselves in a court that doesn’t even work like a real court, and when they lose (as there is something like a 90% record of finding on the complainants behalf at the Federal level), the defendant has to then try and navigate the appeals system.

The existence of the system in the form it has is a disgrace, and it has obviously been so for 20 years.
Ya I know.

It was a way for gov't to say to those they see as Victims, we are going to give a way around the challenges of the court system to lodge complaints and prosecute perceived offenses that might not rise to the level of a court offense.

The good news is we, the gov't will stuff these tribunals full of like minded activist types who 'believe all victims' and upon their decision to proceed and take up your case, we will make sure you bear non of the cost of prosecution but those you accuse bear all of the burden of defense. We will also give the tribunal the ability to enact punishments such as fines and others which if the accused want to over turn will only result in more cost to them as they will then have to go to real court to try and over turn it.

Its been a disgrace and something clearly used to bludgeon people into political correctness or non offense and to cost them serious money, even in a win, if they fight.

I don't have a problem with a man being a babysitter. I agree though the parents have the right to have whomever they feel comfortable with watching their children.

The parents should have the right to pick who they want for whatever reason they want.

It could be how they dress or look or whatever they are not comfortable with.

I have nothing against male babysitters but... any dude who actually WANTS to babysit some random kids (save for niece/nephew) is weird to me. I cant think of many more miserable things to do for work

Canada has grown soft and mushy.

I'd be ok with letting Russia come in and rough them up a bit via invasion or the like. Give them a taste of real world problems so they can stop focusing in on stupid bullshit like this case. Stop electing world cucks like that trudeau fool.

I'd be ok with letting Russia come in and rough them up a bit via invasion or the like. Give them a taste of real world problems so they can stop focusing in on stupid bullshit like this case. Stop electing world cucks like that trudeau fool.
We definitely have and it happened before Trudeau, it had to of because no way he gets in if we hadn’t.

As a Canadian I agree completely.

The ironic thing about that pic is that Trump is actually visiting a place of work and talking to someone that is a net producer, rather than meeting grievance activists 24/7 or embarrassing us with foreign visit wardrobe escapades.

Back