Female-fronted and/or female rock bands

No joke - they are called the Tits of Death...they were on the bill of many Hawkwind shows

Yeah, some months back I was at one of my friends place and we were going over a shit ton of new music and came across a video from this band. They didn't quite click with me but I told my mate the girl was cute and he told me "the other one doesn't look half bad either" took me 3 seconds to realize she was a tranny, lol. I still remind him of this every time we gather. I'm pretty sure tho he'd still wood.

Last edited:
No joke - they are called the Tits of Death...they were on the bill of many Hawkwind shows

Yeah, back in the days Hawkwind used to bring that Miss Stacia girl on tour to trip on acid and dance fully naked on stage... Those were truly tits of death!

Lana Loveland used to play keyboards in the Fuzztones then she moved on and formed Loveland, a garage psych band: Black Glove has an intriguing story behind it :)

Yeah, some months back I was at one of my friends place and we were going over a shit ton of new music and came across a video from this band. They didn't quite click with me but I told my mate the girl was cute and he told me "the other one doesn't look half bad either" took me 3 seconds to realize she was a tranny, lol. I still remind him of this every time we gather.
Hahaha, yeah its pretty obvious.
The singer is pretty cool. I saw them last year before they started blowin up.
Their first album is more grindy, I like the new one a bit more.
Can totally understand why it aint for everyone though.

Yeah, back in the days Hawkwind used to bring that Miss Stacia girl on tour to trip on acid and dance fully naked on stage... Those were truly tits of death!
Stacia is another story :). I don't think she ever sang on stage with the Hawks, but she did throw her jugs around plenty :):)
There's a vid on YT with Hawkwind on stage somewhere with a bunch of naked lady dancers warming up the public some :)

Laurie Styvers , lesser known Texan singer / songwriter from the 1960s/70s

a0998160483_65.jpeg

Back