For the people moaning about WMMA fights on 300...

Dana's Conscience

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Are you forgetting that WMMA delivers from time to time (I get that sucks more often than not) ? Ronda/Holly was one of the most landmark moments in UFC history. Zhang/Joanna was FOTY. We've had some tremendous knockouts. Of all the WMMA fights they could make, they picked some good ones. I'd be pissed too if it the card was littered with the girls who play tit tat and/or wall n' stall, but this isn't that. Andrade/Rodriguez could honestly get straight up nasty.

You have a fairly split vote among Sherdoggers for liking WMMA; but that is a small portion of the population. There are a lot of casuals that like WMMA. Those who dislike WMMA on Sherdog like to act like they speak for all of us, but they actually speak for a small minority.

The fact that WMMA makes money is self-evident. It still exists.

Been looking forward to Weili/Yan for awhile. It’s just too bad it isn’t happening in China.

Andrade is can’t miss tv for me. Pure JBG.

And now we get to see how this Kayla thing will turn out. My first thoughts are she can’t make 136. But supposedly she’s done a test cut. But that’s a little vague.

I like good or intriguing wmma fights. Looking forward to see Kayla does at 135. but it still needs a big headliner.

You have a fairly split vote among Sherdoggers for liking WMMA; but that is a small portion of the population. There are a lot of casuals that like WMMA. Those who dislike WMMA on Sherdog like to act like they speak for all of us, but they actually speak for a small minority.

The fact that WMMA makes money is self-evident. It still exists.
The main reason WMMA is still in the UFC is because they need filler for their watered-down cards. An argument could be made that 3 or 4 WMMA fighters "make money" for the UFC individually. The rest make money for the UFC as nothing more than content filler.

I'm not advocating for or against the inclusion of WMMA on 300. And I certainly don't profess to speak for all mma fans. But the reality is that if the UFC made an all-WMMA card with 3 title fights and every "popular" current WMMA fighter, the card wouldn't sell at all.

Been looking forward to Weili/Yan for awhile. It’s just too bad it isn’t happening in China.

Andrade is can’t miss tv for me. Pure JBG.

And now we get to see how this Kayla thing will turn out. My first thoughts are she can’t make 136. But supposedly she’s done a test cut. But that’s a little vague.
Test cut, hey.....

ejemplo-tony-montana.gif

063f216ea6ea4d4df654da522833456d.gif

5d02459f2400008c178e03db.gif

The main reason WMMA is still in the UFC is because they need filler for their watered-down cards. An argument could be made that 3 or 4 WMMA fighters "make money" for the UFC individually. The rest make money for the UFC as nothing more than content filler.

I'm not advocating for or against the inclusion of WMMA on 300. And I certainly don't profess to speak for all mma fans. But the reality is that if the UFC made an all-WMMA card with 3 title fights and every "popular" current WMMA fighter, the card wouldn't sell at all.
Actually, I don't think any of that is entirely true.
(1) Filler is done with both men and women's fights. The portion of either men or women's fights that "make money" by the standard you are going by (big PPV draws) are both quite low. If they wanted to get more male filler (and stop WMMA), they obviously could, but they don't. (See any household names on next week's UFC card? See one that anybody who isn't a UFC fan has ever heard of?)

(2) There is a grand total of one fighter that could outdraw Ronda in her day, and his name was Conor; if you remove Conor's PPV's, 2 in the top 5 are WMMA (and one of them didn't include Ronda).

(3) Absolutely untrue that such a card wouldn't sell at all. Not as much as it would have at one time, but we will see over the next few years. Some chick that looks like Taylor Swift with biceps will win a title, and it will be Ronda-level again, wait and see.

(4) Dana would not utilize it if it weren't popular and making him money. You can count on that.

Last edited:

Isn't that pretty similar to men then?

Are you forgetting that WMMA delivers from time to time (I get that sucks more often than not) ? Ronda/Holly was one of the most landmark moments in UFC history. Zhang/Joanna was FOTY. We've had some tremendous knockouts. Of all the WMMA fights they could make, they picked some good ones. I'd be pissed too if it the card was littered with the girls who play tit tat and/or wall n' stall, but this isn't that. Andrade/Rodriguez could honestly get straight up nasty.
Why even address these mendicants???

Back