Opinion General Mark Milley - Traitor or Hero?

Irrational lunatics like yourself is why i rarely post in this subsection anymore.
Being called a lunatic by someone that thinks "Trump did everything in his power to over throw the election" is a badge of honor. Do you believe Jan 6th was also the first unarmed insurrection in the history of the world, conducted by boomer soccer moms taking selfies, while only Jade Sacker, John Sullivan and Lisa Fithian seemed to know they would be in the capitol that day???

Asking for proof of a fair election and trying to over throw an election are at complete opposite sides of the spectrum. Dunning Kruger runs rampant in today's society, so it is no surprise you are so confident in your clown world opinions and believe fact based opinions that are seated in the real world sound like lunacy.

Eh, I’m thinking it’s totally fine to not let the president nuke someone on a whim

So you know that Trump was going to nuke someone? Or are you just pulling that out of your ass because orange man is bad?

You're willing to give the military political power like a third world country because you hated the president. That's embarassing.

I work for the military. Don't you ever give us political power. That's not our job and we would be really bad at that.

Last edited:
So you know that Trump was going to nuke someone? Or are you just pulling that out of your ass because orange man is bad?

You're willing to give the military political power like a third world country because you hated the president. That's embarassing.

I work for the military. Don't you ever give us political power. That's not our job and we would be really bad at that.
I’m continually amazed at the lies built on lies to justify all the actions as of late. None of Trump looking for a war is even remotely true. What we had there is to be said about a Trump, he certainly wasn’t looking to go to war with China to overturn the election. That ridiculous and as you said they are Usuig that to justify bypassing the constitution. Awful and really they are starting to March the west into the abyss

Give me a break. If you read the story as it’s presented he did it because Trump was unhinged in those final days and acting erratic. Ensuring that he doesn’t surprise launch a nuke is not being political. It’s wise precaution.

Are you trying to tell me that nuking China without appropriate provocation is a bipartisan issue? Like Milley didn’t want China to be nuked because of his democratic leaning?

Give me a break. If you read the story as it’s presented he did it because Trump was unhinged in those final days and acting erratic.

"If I read the opinion of an author in an unverified story, it should be clear that we need to let our unelected military leaders make decisions reserved for elected officials."

Ensuring that he doesn’t surprise launch a nuke is not being political. It’s wise precaution.

"Contacting politicians in an enemy state and explaining our militaristic and political plans is not political."

Are you trying to tell me that nuking China without appropriate provocation is a bipartisan issue? Like Milley didn’t want China to be nuked because of his democratic leaning?

I'm telling you that there was never a sliver of evidence that Trump was considering nuclear warfare. Had there been, our leading Generals could have simply denied to use them. Do you actually think that Trump would even have the capabilities to launch a nuke after he lost the election? Stop it.

I don't care if it was partisan or not. Allowing unelected military leaders to serve as elected officials, especially the highest elected official in the country, is how you get a police state. The left used to understand this until it came to Trump.

This would be no different than a current military official saying that Biden has alzheimers and using that to justify taking power behind the scenes. It's fucking dangerous, and no amount of orange man bad can justify that happening.

Last edited:
"If I read the opinion of an author in an unverified story, it should be clear that we need to let our unelected military leaders make decisions reserved for elected officials."

"Contacting politicians in an enemy state and explaining our militaristic and political plans is not political."

I'm telling you that there was never a sliver of evidence that Trump was considering nuclear warfare. Had there been, our leading Generals could have simply denied to use them.

I don't care if it was partisan or not. Allowing unelected military leaders to serve as elected officials, especially the highest elected official in the country, is how you get a police state. The left used to understand this until it came to Trump. This would be no different than a current military official saying that Biden has alzheimers and using that to justify taking power behind the scenes. It's fucking dangerous, and no amount of orange man bad can justify that happening.
Lol so I get now. You're choosing to believe in the unverified story the parts where "Old General is bad" but not the one thing we know for sure, that orange man really was acting erratically in his final days in office. There is exactly the same amount of evidence that Milley called China as there is that Milley was worried about Trump launching a nuke; one person's word. The part about General Milley calling China doesn't make sense and I've said as much. I've also said the story might be entirely fake. But if Milley really did go around making sure that he was warned about Trump trying to launch nukes then he absolutely did the right thing. Lets get one thing straight here too, Milley did not take power at all. Period.

You know what this reminds me of? The hyperbole following the January 6th insurrection. I guess now it's the right's turn to blow something up out of proportion. Although unlike on the 6th, nothing actually happened :oops:

Perhaps we should wait for additional details to come out here. Im reading a lot of conflicting shit right now. Im not defending or accusing general milley or donald trump. But i do understand trump is a generally irrational person (especially at the end of last year). Yet I wouldn't put it past milley to misunderstand and mismanage the situation ether.

The story as it has been written is bound to change in the coming days

Lol so I get now. You're choosing to believe in the unverified story the parts where "Old General is bad" but not the one thing we know for sure, that orange man really was acting erratically in his final days in office. There is exactly the same amount of evidence that Milley called China as there is that Milley was worried about Trump launching a nuke; one person's word. The part about General Milley calling China doesn't make sense and I've said as much. I've also said the story might be entirely fake. But if Milley really did go around making sure that he was warned about Trump trying to launch nukes then he absolutely did the right thing. Lets get one thing straight here too, Milley did not take power at all. Period.

You know what this reminds me of? The hyperbole following the January 6th insurrection. I guess now it's the right's turn to blow something up out of proportion. Although unlike on the 6th, nothing actually happened :oops:

I'm saying that if this story is true (I do doubt it's validity), then you have an unelected General circumventing every elected official to talk directly with an enemy state. That's beyond dangerous.

Do you think Trump can just press a button and launch a nuke towards China? Do you think that's how nuking a country works?

If the story is true, Milley did take power. He took power over a process designed for an elected official and used Trump's behavior as a reason to step beyond his role. That is not how the system works. The system does not allow for unelected Generals to start contacting enemy states, telling them how our president is crazy while we're in the middle of a transfer of power. That's such a dangerous precedent to set. Generals do not act against the leader of their own military based on a personal hunch. You take that shit to Congress and let elected representatives handle it.

You're right, nothing happened. Except the military may have acted as the president for a couple months and half the country is applauding that possibility.

Whatever, I'll be fine if the military slowly creeps into power. Just don't say I didn't tell you that shit like this is exactly how that happens.

I'm saying that if this story is true (I do doubt it's validity), then you have an unelected General circumventing every elected official to talk directly with an enemy state. That's beyond dangerous.

Do you think Trump can just press a button and launch a nuke towards China? Do you think that's how nuking a country works?

If the story is true, Milley did take power. He took power over a process designed for an elected official and used Trump's behavior as a reason to step beyond his role. That is not how the system works. The system does not allow for unelected Generals to start contacting enemy states, telling them how our president is crazy while we're in the middle of a transfer of power. That's such a dangerous precedent to set. Generals do not act against the leader of their own military based on a personal hunch. You take that shit to Congress and let elected representatives handle it.

You're right, nothing happened. Except the military may have acted as the president for a couple months and half the country is applauding that possibility.

Whatever, I'll be fine if the military slowly creeps into power. Just don't say I didn't tell you that shit like this is exactly how that happens.
He took power by assuring China we weren’t about to attack them? How was the military in charge the last few months in your mind? The story began on January 7th.

Yes Trump does have the final say in launching a nuke and he could have done it. The only real requirement is he takes advice from his military leaders. The only hope we have after that is that the crews who launch the mussels refuse the order. One thing we know about Trump is once he’s of a mind to do something, he’s going to do it. Maybe this was our warning that one man shouldn’t have that authority anymore

Awful and really they are starting to March the west into the abyss

Likely Trumps rhetoric startled a section of the Chinese military enough to start military preparations. Miley found out and called to help deflate these concerns.

He took power by assuring China we weren’t about to attack them? How was the military in charge the last few months in your mind? The story began on January 7th.

Yes Trump does have the final say in launching a nuke and he could have done it. The only real requirement is he takes advice from his military leaders. One thing we know about Trump is once he’s of a mind to do something, he’s going to do it. Maybe this was our warning that one man shouldn’t have that authority anymore

Yes, he took power over a position that was not his. Why is that so hard to understand? "I personally think the president is crazy" is not a justification for the military to take over presidential duties.

You're telling me that Trump can launch a nuke entirely on his own? You think the military is launching nukes at the order of a president who just lost the election against the wishes of all military leadership? Is that right?

Back