General MMA discussion and future lines - June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how would the WWE thing matter really? If they have in his contract they have to sign off on him doing something like this, then they either will or they won't. I'd imagine there's language in there that says the WWE has to okay it but who knows? Brock may have had it written in that they have no say as part of his agreement to come back. The UFC isn't gonna let the WWE have a say in his opponent.

So basically the WWE has no say at all, or they simply have the right to say yay or nay. There's no way they can come in and say "Okay, we'll let him fight, but not against THAT guy. We've seen him, he's a killer!" And the UFC simply wants to squeeze as much attention and ppv buys as they can out of Brock short term. At his age, he's not a long term project for them.

Regardless - if/when Brock fights I'll be genuinely surprised if he gets JDS, Hunt etc. it'll be a somewhat easy fight (on paper) - happy to be wrong; I'd like to see him v Hunt but I'm very skeptical. predicting Gonzaga/Struve

Regardless - if/when Brock fights I'll be genuinely surprised if he gets JDS, Hunt etc. it'll be a somewhat easy fight (on paper) - happy to be wrong; I'd like to see him v Hunt but I'm very skeptical. predicting Gonzaga/Struve

Yeah despite everything I just said I'd imagine it's someone they think he has a good chance of beating. They'd like him to go on a little 2 or 3 fight win streak to drum up some interest in him before they put him in a "big fight" against a name guy where he probably loses. That I do agree with. I just don't think the WWE has anything to do with that.

Yeah despite everything I just said I'd imagine it's someone they think he has a good chance of beating. They'd like him to go on a little 2 or 3 fight win streak to drum up some interest in him before they put him in a "big fight" against a name guy where he probably loses. That I do agree with. I just don't think the WWE has anything to do with that.
Supposedly this is a one time arrangement.

I can see both sides here. Its a business agreement between two major entities and I can't imagine the WWE would want to risk a major asset like Brock. On the otherhand, the bigger the win the better for them, wtf do they really know about MMA anyway, and I don't question Brock's desire to fight a top guy.

Supposedly the opponent announcement is tomorrow so I guess we'll find out real soon

I think this is a one and done. he had a clause for 1 fight in his WWE contract (I believe) so after this he isn't fighting. Another reason why I think they've got some pull as to who his opponent is...
One months notice; it seems very last minute rather than a deliberate surprise. I wonder if he's even been training half properly

Man I find it REALLY hard to believe that if he goes out and wins (esp wins in dominant fashion) that he'll be okay just walking away from MMA. Right or wrong, he believes it was diverticulitis that led to his demise in his first go. The fact he wants to come back and fight I think means he misses the actual competition. He gets paid plenty by the WWE and always did. The guy craves the real battle I think. At its core, MMA is "I'm better than you and they are gonna lock us inside a cage and I'm gonna prove it." That's what Brock wants, and I think if he's successful this time he's gonna want more. Just my opinion. How that shakes out with his WWE contract situation, no idea.

But like Joseph B said, I'm also not sure the WWE people would really know how much more dangerous an opponent Hunt is than Struve (as an example).

If Brock loses (esp if he gets stopped) I don't doubt that's the last we see of him in MMA. But if he wins (again, esp in dominant fashion) I think we do see him again. My guess would be right around the time Mir's USADA ban is over.

Regardless of opponent, I cannot wait to see what Kalikas comes out with for odds.

Edit, double

But like Joseph B said, I'm also not sure the WWE people would really know how much more dangerous an opponent Hunt is than Struve (as an example).

Really, they aren't complete idiots, surely? Hunt has 75% of his wins by KO, Struve 30%. Tells them all they need to know.

Dana now claims Ariel was booted because Brock wasn't happy about his fight being announced early.
As if Brock cares beyond the $$$

This whole thing may as well be WWE with the storyline running. Brock, coming back from injury to win the title, reporter getting sacked. Wonder if Paul Heymon will walk him to the cage haha

I wish we got betting lines for who his opponent would be. I would hit Struve at -150 or better lol. I can already see the WWE hyping him as a 7 foot tall MONSTER!! who knocked out his last opponent in seconds

Really, they aren't complete idiots, surely? Hunt has 75% of his wins by KO, Struve 30%. Tells them all they need to know.

Sure but they spin everything right? Struve KO'd the current champ, who KO'd Werdum. Werdum beat down and subbed the guy that beat down Brock and took his belt. Etc. etc. All silly MMA math of course but I just don't know how much the WWE people really know. Looking at #'s is fine, but throw a highlight mix together and they can make Struve look just as dangerous as Hunt. We of course know that's ridiculous but I'm not convinced they would. I could be wrong sure, they just would need a couple guys that work for them and have the bosses ear that follow MMA closely I guess.

I wish we got betting lines for who his opponent would be. I would hit Struve at -150 or better lol. I can already see the WWE hyping him as a 7 foot tall MONSTER!! who knocked out his last opponent in seconds

Man I think Hunto is about even with Struve. I guess Hunt tweeted (then quickly removed) about Brock's comeback before it was announced? If so that's pretty interesting...

You can bet this at a book in Australia. Struve is 41/1

You can bet this at a book in Australia. Struve is 41/1

Wow if anyone has access to that book they should put something on Struve for sure. Those odds are bonkers. I lean Hunto too, but wow.

Wow if anyone has access to that book they should put something on Struve for sure. Those odds are bonkers. I lean Hunto too, but wow.
I put a bit down, a mate then went to and hes in to 26. Gonzaga isn't an option... surprising that Fedor is more favoured than Struve

This was already posted in the heavies in case any of you missed it. Methinks Hunto is an awesome fighter and a very cool cat but not such a good liar :D

How the hell is Bigfoot even getting sanctioned to fight anymore? If there was EVER a guy that should be forced to retire it's him.

You act like getting ko'd via running into Struve's sternum in 10 seconds is a bad thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back