General MMA discussion and future lines - June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
hunt via murder lesnar hates being hit
I can definitely see this ending very fast. Lesnar storming out for the takedown and eating the classic Hunt uppercut. Intriguing fight for sure, can't wait for betting lines

so lesnar is co-main over aldo-edgar 2 & tate-nunes titlefights?

...got it.

...got it.
I think it will be above Tate vs Nunes but beneath Edgar vs Aldo

Honestly, it deserves to be above Tate vs Nunes imo. Sure thats a championship fight, but nowhere near as intriguing as Brock's return vs a more than formidable opponent

On the 199 broadcast they showed a graphic with Lesnar vs TBD as the co-main over Edgar/Aldo and Tate/Nunes

On the 199 broadcast they showed a graphic with Lesnar vs TBD as the co-main over Edgar/Aldo and Tate/Nunes
Damn. Not surprised if it is the co main. As far as casual intrigue is concerned, thats the big fight on the card.

Can't complain, fight order aside Christmas in July just got that much more awesome with this fight

Lesnar is the co-main event, I like it as three title fights in a row may be a bit exhausting. Especially considering that they can all go the distance.

I know Hunt's TDD has greatly improved but has he faced any other solid wrestlers apart from Miocic recently?

Lesnar is the co-main event, I like it as three title fights in a row may be a bit exhausting. Especially considering that they can all go the distance.

I know Hunt's TDD has greatly improved but has he faced any other solid wrestlers apart from Miocic recently?
Nope, but Stipe did such an amazing job using his jab and boxing in general to set up those takedowns. Brock's only option is to bullrush Hunt unless hes somehow greatly developed his MMA game.

Honestly though, if Hunt is something like -300 come fight time, I think i'd play Brock by dec

I thought there was some stipulation that a fighter coming out of retirement has to notify USADA five months before fighting so he will be available for random drug testing. Am I wrong on this? And...shouldn't Lesnar be totally fucked?

...got it.
Meh, to us it seems absurd but they clearly know how to run their business. Their continued success at growing the brand helps you and me in the long run. I used to bitch about these things but now I accept it.

I thought there was some stipulation that a fighter coming out of retirement has to notify USADA five months before fighting so he will be available for random drug testing. Am I wrong on this? And...shouldn't Lesnar be totally fucked?
I saw somewhere where UFC can request an exception to the rule, which is what I believe is being done here.

Yeah that was my understanding as well. Brock Lesnar has not been tested yet according to USADAs site.

pinnacle opener for hunt-lesnar

hunt opens +176, omg. mintues later he's now -177

How the fcuk did I miss that pinnacle opener, still took him 1.77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back