PlayStation GHOST OF TSUSHIMA

Rate the Combat in PS4's Ghost of Tsushima

• Total voters
Beat it. Did about 99% of the stuff. Took me about 60 hours.

Fantastic game. The artistic direction and execution is tremendous. Probably the most beautiful looking and sounding game ever made. The combat is fun and deep. Only real knock is the enemy AI which feels like it's from a game 5-10 years ago. Also despite its brilliance it's still an open world collectathon and doesn't really bring anything new but it's still one of the best game I've ever played in that genre.

9/10

Doing a second play through now with the white ghost armor. GOTY for me so im going to try to platinum this.

I hate the swird kits with booby tassles or feathers on them. They should have allowed a full customization for armor etc withkn their designs.

Im hoping they can make a game similar to this on hattori hanzo or something, or even an open workd Tenchu.

So I just got to the second act, I’m easily over 20/30ish hours at this point. I’m basically doing all side quests, myths, and really just enjoying it. So far the height of the game experience for me has been the duels, they are a ton of fun, and I love the little dialogues that are exchanged.

I mastered one of the stances and found myself swinging with some serious umph, which is quite nice, and enjoyable.

The only thing I’m somewhat saddened by is that right now the geography and landscape of act 2 hasn’t been as enjoyable as act 1. At first it was a nice mix up. Getting away from a picturesque landscape and switching gears to dark and dingy made sense, but I’m finding variety isn’t as mixed in the new area. Maybe I simply haven’t gotten into the are enough (I’ve only captured 3 forts and done 1 additional main quest). But so far it feels like a let down after area 1 was easily the most beautiful and varied landscape I’ve ever seen in a game.

I’ve unlocked several myths, and I will admit while all visually stunning and satisfying to use, I wish the had varied dance of wraith and (I believe it’s called eagled strike it’s a single fast slash attack) the first myth you unlock. It’s just that they both essentially serve the same purpose, or maybe I’m not using dance of wraith correctly? Idk, there’s just so many unique and cool legends that I wish they were a little more different then they are. In one you slash forward with an unblockable attack, in the next you slash forward with a couple attacks that also appear to be unblockable. It’s just not satisfying given all of the cool shit they could have tapped Into. But I’m REALLY nitpicking here. The game is still a 10/10 for me

Well, it finally happened. I finished the main story line. I’m certainly not quite done with the game yet as I need to decide what I want to take on for side quests, bases, collectibles before moving on to co-op. I haven’t decided if I’ll do NG+, but it seems likely depending on what I get out of the co op.

This game was a master piece. From the beginning sequence riding down on Komodo beach,

warning: I’m going to ruin it if you haven’t finished
from the pure rage and anger I felt when takada was killed by the Khan...to the raw sadness watching my horse being shot down by arrows and feeling completely abandoned, to the satisfaction of killing the khan despite his dirty tactics (though ironic in nature due to my own ways), and of course the overwhelming sensation of regret when squaring off with my uncle in the final duel....this has been a roller coaster. The story was sensational, and the way the game puts in small details is outstanding...I couldn’t help but notice when I selected my new horse, and my ronin gear...I was dressed in all black which contrasted with the uncles white horse and robes, just one small example of the beautiful small details in this game.

even the game design was genius. They used collectibles to make you go to certain places. It hit me when I was exploring a shrine and a few plant was on an out of the way cliff. When I got there the visual was stunning and I realized I was the rat chasing the cheese so the developer could say “hey check this out”

This was a labor of love beginning to end, and they nailed it.

Well, it finally happened. I finished the main story line. I’m certainly not quite done with the game yet as I need to decide what I want to take on for side quests, bases, collectibles before moving on to co-op. I haven’t decided if I’ll do NG+, but it seems likely depending on what I get out of the co op.

This game was a master piece. From the beginning sequence riding down on Komodo beach,

warning: I’m going to ruin it if you haven’t finished
from the pure rage and anger I felt when takada was killed by the Khan...to the raw sadness watching my horse being shot down by arrows and feeling completely abandoned, to the satisfaction of killing the khan despite his dirty tactics (though ironic in nature due to my own ways), and of course the overwhelming sensation of regret when squaring off with my uncle in the final duel....this has been a roller coaster. The story was sensational, and the way the game puts in small details is outstanding...I couldn’t help but notice when I selected my new horse, and my ronin gear...I was dressed in all black which contrasted with the uncles white horse and robes, just one small example of the beautiful small details in this game.

even the game design was genius. They used collectibles to make you go to certain places. It hit me when I was exploring a shrine and a few plant was on an out of the way cliff. When I got there the visual was stunning and I realized I was the rat chasing the cheese so the developer could say “hey check this out”

This was a labor of love beginning to end, and they nailed it.

The ending to Act 2 and Act 3 were really well done. I think the plot was pretty straightforward and you can kind of guess what was going to happen, yet it still was done really well and definitely tugged at the heart quite a bit. Even the ending decision I feel is tough to make.

The ending to Act 2 and Act 3 were really well done. I think the plot was pretty straightforward and you can kind of guess what was going to happen, yet it still was done really well and definitely tugged at the heart quite a bit. Even the ending decision I feel is tough to make.
It’s straight forward but it gives you control the whole way through. Perhaps next time around I’ll use less stealth and go for a path of honor.
Yeah, and the amount of thought I had to put into it was a perfect example of my level of investment. On one hand, I didn’t feel I was a bad person. Just someone forced into a corner with the best intentions. On the other hand, the world had chosen to make me this person by giving me no other choice, and the only way I was successful was by embracing the very thing that got me to where I was standing. Both “right” answers, but both impossibly difficult to make. I like that they gave me the choice.

I got this for Xmas and finally fired it up. What a gorgeous game. It's probably the first time I noticed how incredible HDR can be since getting my new tv.

I love everything about it except the no lock on. I've been playing for a few hours and really don't understand its absence? It makes combat clumsy at times

Edit, I just read the devs explanation. I still dont agree. They very easily could have given us the option

So far it's my only gripe. What a freaking beauty this one is. I like the story/viice acting too. If only Nioh 2 could do the same in that dept lol.

I got this for Xmas and finally fired it up. What a gorgeous game. It's probably the first time I noticed how incredible HDR can be since getting my new tv.

I love everything about it except the no lock on. I've been playing for a few hours and really don't understand its absence? It makes combat clumsy at times

Edit, I just read the devs explanation. I still dont agree. They very easily could have given us the option

So far it's my only gripe. What a freaking beauty this one is. I like the story/viice acting too. If only Nioh 2 could do the same in that dept lol.
I agree with the lock on. I wouldn’t have used it all the time, but I’d at least like the option

It took some getting used to but when I was fighting 15-20 Mongols, lock on would’ve been a hinderance. You’d be getting torn up.

I felt the same and you get used to it as time goes on. Still, the option would have been nice.

I agree with the lock on. I wouldn’t have used it all the time, but I’d at least like the option

It took some getting used to but when I was fighting 15-20 Mongols, lock on would’ve been a hinderance. You’d be getting torn up.

I felt the same and you get used to it as time goes on. Still, the option would have been nice.

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but in those smaller skirmishes, it feels like a no brainer. This is why I always choose PC over console when possible, someone would have nodded it lol

And tha ks @Dizzy I had to meant to ask if we ever have to fight more than 4 to 5 groups of enemies. Lock on would be a disaster there.

Beat the game today. Its better than TLOU2 and got robbed for game of the year. Play it on ps5 if you disagree. It's absolutely immaculate.

Back