PlayStation GHOST OF TSUSHIMA

Rate the Combat in PS4's Ghost of Tsushima

• Total voters
Beat the game today. Its better than TLOU2 and got robbed for game of the year. Play it on ps5 if you disagree. It's absolutely immaculate.
Agree to disagree.

Its a really good game and one of the best 'AC' type games, but there's levels and TLOU II >> GoT.

Agree to disagree.

Its a really good game and one of the best 'AC' type games, but there's levels and TLOU II >> GoT.
If you're dumbing down games to their base mechanics, MGSV>>>TLoU2 for stealth games.

It's a toss up for me. GOT is a top 5 open world game of all time in my book. But I never wanted to put the controller down while playing TLOU2.

If you're dumbing down games to their base mechanics, MGSV>>>TLoU2 for stealth games.
This literally makes no sense. TLOU II doesnt remotely play like MGSV. Since when was TLOU II, a pure stealth game? Its actually a compliment if your comparing TLOU II's stealth to MGSV (since MGSV has the best gameplay of any stealth game in 20 years).

TLOU and TLOU2 don't have to be played as a stealth game at all. You can go in blazing the whole way if you want to. Or you can do a combination of the two. You can trap and lead enemies to a choke point and kill them all right there and then. There are people running melee kills only. It's hard as shit but you can tinker the options in the game to facilitate that gameplay a bit if you need to. But to say you have to play stealth is not correct. The normal setting allows you go in full on bore attack if you want to. You just need to utilize everything at your disposal (guns, melee weapons, traps, and the items on the grounds - bricks, bottles) for maximum effectiveness.

This literally makes no sense. TLOU II doesnt remotely play like MGSV. Since when was TLOU II, a pure stealth game? Its actually a compliment if your comparing TLOU II's stealth to MGSV (since MGSV has the best gameplay of any stealth game in 20 years).
There are long stretches in both TLOU1+2 where the enemies are intentionally numerous to keep your character from leaning on fighting mechanics already baked into core game play. Definitely reminds me of later MGS games that gave you cool aggressive actions but ramped up enemy numbers to slow your approach down. The comparison fits imo

There are long stretches in both TLOU1+2 where the enemies are intentionally numerous to keep your character from leaning on fighting mechanics already baked into core game play. Definitely reminds me of later MGS games that gave you cool aggressive actions but ramped up enemy numbers to slow your approach down. The comparison fits imo
Youve literally described every stealth game ever made....

Just because TLOU II has stealth elements doesnt mean the game plays like MGSV.

Its like comparing GTA's races to Forza races.....

This game had the most visceral combat and most satisfying third person action in this sub genre of the last decade imo. Its goddamn fantastic, I honestly dont know how people complained about the gameplay. Playing as Abby and smashing bats into faces was so damn satisfying, sneaking about and from area to area improvising with your current ammunition as Ellie, was spectacular, I honestly dont know what some of these haters played...

This game had the most visceral combat and most satisfying third person action in this sub genre of the last decade imo. Its goddamn fantastic, I honestly dont know how people complained about the gameplay. Playing as Abby and smashing bats into faces was so damn satisfying, sneaking about and from area to area improvising with your current ammunition as Ellie, was spectacular, I honestly dont know what some of these haters played...

They also put so much effort into allowing the player to performing melee kills in so many different ways visually. You can easily go through a run and not see most of these unless you’re actually trying to do melee kills.

Youve literally described every stealth game ever made....

Just because TLOU II has stealth elements doesnt mean the game plays like MGSV.

Its like comparing GTA's races to Forza races.....
Totally unfair, the stealth genre wasn't initially designed to let players fight back when cover was blown - it was a critical failure or a hard restart. The concept of sneaking around with a weapon arsenal on your back in the event things got loud is a modern one

You sound overly defensive about the games being compared

otally unfair, the stealth genre wasn't initially designed to let players fight back when cover was blown - it was a critical failure or a hard restart.
What does this have to do with anything? MGS 1 and Thief (the two big stealth pioneers) did not have such constraints with the gameplay, but I digress, what does this have to do with anything.
You sound overly defensive about the games being compared
How so?

You sound defensive just cause your whole comparison got dissected and removed.

Anyone playing ghost of Tsushima on a base PS4? Any drawbacks?

It runs perfectly on base PS4.

Fantastic game, It is my favorite game (tied with Days Gone) of the last generation and I would even dare to say one of my favorite games ever. Yes, there are some flaws (can't save a charm sets, predictable story, dumb enemy AI at the moments) but as a whole they are so insignificant compared to the rest of experience. Gameplay, combat, charachters, graphics, atmosphere...a wonderful game. I caught myself often doing nothing but ridding for hour just to find and kill mongol patrols while trying various builds.

It is the only game ever that made me start a New Game + moments after I finished it and all of that on the harder difficulty, the game is even better on lethal. Right now I'm at the end of Act 1 playing with the Kensei build.

What are your favorite builds and playstyles?

Back