GLORY 77: Heavyweight Tournament and Three Title Fights, exclusive PPV on January 30th

That is trully a covid destroying strategy, good stuff guys

They’re talking as if Rico won a tournament with great fighters

Balli and Khbabez were out of shape, but at least Khbabez beat Rigters. Rigters did better than expected but lost to an opponent out of shape. The women"s fight was absolutely crap. All the fights involving Verhoeven were disappointing.

Doumbe did better, but Groenhart was pretty weak. Artem vs. Pereira was the fight-of-the-night, not something to remember but the most competitive.

I don"t know what to say about Abena vs. Tavares, but I have the feeling once again Abena didn"t step in, and he beat Tavares before. I had no footage from that for a while, so I don"t know what to say, I think it wasn"t bad though.

Still better than most of the UFC events in the pandemic.

I was happy with that event. Pretty entertaining the whole way through.

Why are they still using this lame ass "RISE TO GLORY" song though???

I liked Vakhitov's middle kicks, he controlled the range very well. No issue with the decision though, I know Glory likes guys who throw a lot of hooks and those jump knees were pretty awesome.

Fight-of-the-night: Vakhitov vs. Pereira
Fighter-of-the-night: Doumbe
Upset-of-the-night: Tavares def. Abena
KO-of-the-night: Pacas (Doumbe does not deserve so many against a weaker Murthel)
Gay-of-the-night: Who? <45>(best body in the contest)

Rico stays with the trophy. Just change your music, please!

Last edited:
I liked Vakhitov's middle kicks, he controlled the range very well. No issue with the decision though, I know Glory likes guys who throw a lot of hooks and those jump knees were pretty awesome.

As we know, and I learned my lesson, you don"t win fights through only leg kicking (if it"s not massive like in the case of Ghita). But Vakhitov had a good boxing, better power in my opinion and precision. On the other hand, Pereira knows how to steal the rounds.

When you are fat and you fight in too big divisions.

Unfortunately it summarizes the career of Khbabez. This is how he lost to some poorer opponents, by "professionalism".

His coach was talking he was 80% fit, in fact he was not even 60% maybe.

if any of you guys has a link for the replay, send pls :oops:

if any of you guys has a link for the replay, send pls :oops:
It was PPV, so there is not a link with the replay. So far nothing, you must check Youtube later but they will remove all of them. Why don"t you wait 2-4 days until the Russians will provide us some torrents? You will see everything what happened in great quality.

I didn't watch the weigh-ins, but Khbabez probably wouldn't need to do much to make 95 kg in Glory.

I didn't watch the weigh-ins, but Khbabez probably wouldn't need to do much to make 95 kg in Glory.
12 kilograms. A lot for him! He gets fat easily and cannot mantain his weight. On the other hand, others fight as HWs now for the money, but in fact Khbabez has always fought here because he gets fat.

Imagine Rigters was just 110.

By the way, Rico was 120. Only Ben Saddik and Adegbuyi can match him. He is not just massive, but also fast.

That much, ok, he didn't seem quite that heavy to me. Guess he might stay at HW then.

Lambagiu took on Kyshenko and was the aggressor in that fight before Kyshenko opened him out.
Kyshenko fought 3 guys. Lambagiu was one of them, the last one. The fight kinda sucked.
One of the best and most feared kickboxers on the continent now.
Nobody knows him outside of Romania. No one.

I don't want the rematch straight away though because if Pereira wins what does Artem do? Let them have 1 of 2 fights then rematch.
Agreed

Nobody knows him outside of Romania. No one.
"Rambo" has fights on Youtube with 200-400k (views). He already beat the former Superkombat world champion Daniel Stefanovski. They are top class welterweights. Stefanovski until he was 21 years old, dismantled Beni Osmanovski (probably his best win on resume), Sofiane Alilouche and Mihăilă (sure, Mihăilă is not Glory level but is not trash and in wushu was world championships medalist, thing not realized by Andrei Stoica the former European champion, and only by Zmărăndescu; wushu compared to other sports is really serious). Beat also Imanol Rodriguez and Năstase.

Stefanovski for example is very known in Macedonia, because of Superkombat exposure. He is Swiss of Macedonain parents.

They don"t have to fight anywhere else but in Romania and Lambagiu is still young enough, the pandemic affected a bit his development because they would have certainly brought Dutchmen for him. In Europe the Romanian circuit is top. But there is also an issue with the Dutchmen, how many do you think they are Glory material in the 77 KG? Lambagiu is definitely Glory material, and not only Lambagiu, but also Stefanovski! We don"t know how they will react of course. But look at Jamie Bates, was fighting in Romania, really average welterweight who lost by KO to the training partner of Andrei Stoica (Ciprian Schiopu). Bates beat Harut Grigorian in Glory!

Then Yoann Kongolo, also fought in Superkombat before Glory. Glory snatched him right after SK, when we needed to fight for the world title in SK, and beat Doumbe on his debut. Can"t you see for yourself? The level in Lambagiu vs. Stefanovski really high. Both are Glory material, and also Eduard Gafencu is.

And do you think I am joking or what? In Romania basically Lambagiu vs. Gafencu would be the most anticipated match. Nobody knows who would win. Gafencu beat the best welterweights in the gyms of Bonjasky and Aerts. BY KO. Then other from Hemmers. The level in the Netherlands is anyway not so huge now, I can tell you that many Dutch are refusing to fight Gafencu/Lambagiu. Especially after the KOs, and they are monsters/beasts.

They are highly talented considering they lost 2 years with the pandemic, and even now they are just 24 years old.

I think you are confusing the Romanian kickboxers with the others, the "creme" has been always beating most of the Dutchmen. Not all, but many. We are constantly producing.

I find it outrageous there are dozens of figthers from the Netherlands and not 10 from Romania. When the level in the Netherlands is not really huge. And when our circuit has the most TELEVISION in whole Europe, best purses for local fighters, and most televized promotions. Plus it is well organized now, with all the weight classes, with loands of gyms in the whole country.

Last edited:
Got a question in the 5 judges thing...say two judges score a draw, two judges score for Fighter A, and one judge scores for fighter B, what's the decision?

Back