GLORY 77: Heavyweight Tournament and Three Title Fights, exclusive PPV on January 30th

I understand you"re new to kickboxing, ok. I have over 25 years of watching kickboxing, and more than that of watching boxing. Don"t compare kickboxing to boxing, or totally different sports between them!

This is his style, aggressive, and he grinds you with blows to the body or back of the head. He does DAMAGE.

If you don"t want to understand that the Romanian circuit is like the British one in boxing, then you don"t understand anything in kickboxing. And we have not only midgets divisions, but from -60 to +100 kg.

At the age of 22, Lambagiu defeated the former Superkombat world champion, Stefanovski. That match matters. And yes, he defeated Bădoi and Boiciuc like flies. Boiciuc is a kind of C in Romania, but he is respectable. Bădoi, on the other hand, was B at his maximum level (when he won Tatneft and matches in Kunlun in China, but he did not stick to the kickbox due to the lack of sponsors). It was a tournament and you are sneaky to "analyze" just what you want.

Many who sign in Glory, in the Netherlands have not even met such opponents. Lambagiu has improved from match to match and I don"t think you realize that for 77 kilograms, he has Kyshenko"s power! However, the only very powerful opponents Doumbe can meet now are Kyshenko and Lambagiu. Lambagiu is not in a close discussion with Kyshenko, he is at the beginning of his career. But in Europe, I know all the fighters, and I can say that he is the most powerful with Kyshenko. AS GIFTS, he is gifted.

Your English kickboxers don"t really count in kickboxing, or don"t count anymore. Also, Muay Thai is another sport. Jamie Bates who beat former champion Harut Grigorian, was DISCOVERED in tryouts organized BY THE ROMANIAN promotion Superkombat, and has such a career because of Romania. Overall in Superkombat he was average, and I predict Stefanovski defeats in a h2h match. Florin Lambagiu was already superior at 22 years old, to Ciprian Șchiopu who KOed Jamies Bates in England. Șchiopu and Bates would be in their prime B in Romania, like that Bădoi in the video. Basically one class over Boiciuc. But Lambagiu is seen as an A, in the category of Ghiță and Adegbuyi, with many others from the past or present. B in Romania is considered fighters with some skills, but they are far from being stars or becoming.

Not only poor Germany, but also average France, had lost 0-10 in Romanian events h2h between nations.

You need to know where you stand, because you behave like pricks. Not myself. Because of the lack of knowledge, you shit on Romania. And you shit on a fighter who is a mainstay in a Romanian promotion.

Why didn"t you turn on your TV when Local Kombat/Superkombat were on Eurosport for about 15 years?

For now, I will leave this video with his best career moments, understand he is a 77-kg fighter with amazing power! The match with Tolea (Anatoli Ciumac) from MMA does not matter, because Tolea weighed 130 kilograms. Eventually the one in kickboxing must be watched. Ciumac comes from Greco-Roman, he is a respectable heavyweight in Europe in MMA. Was multiple amateur MMA champion in the former Soviet Union, when he fought for Moldova and Ukraine.

"Rambo" fights in the Openweight against many heavyweights, and Alexandru Radnev is also heavy, although Lambagiu weighs only 77 kilograms. To understand its power and strenght.

At exactly Lambagiu"s age, Moroșanu did not have his technique. And yet he won at Gur, Deniz, Kemayo and Goodridge.

Stefanovski also is Glory material. Maybe not the best Superkombat champion in his weight class, but Superkombat gave him a push at just 21 years old. Honestly? Much better than your Bates, and it"s just an objective opinion.

At 22 years old in the division there are not many better fighters in the Netherlands. Stefanovski had been training with Remy Bonjasky, Lambagiu is at Scorpions Iași with Moroșanu, Cozmâncă, Ciobanu, Lătescu, Năstase, etc. I have friends from the Netherlands, who think Năstase after some defeats is rising now, and I personally have a lot of doubts and I don"t enjoy him too much (though I see some progress). But Lambagiu is superior a lot.

This

New to kickboxing? Fuck off you dopey clown, i know far more about boxing and kickboxing than you ever will even if you live to be 100.

Where the hell did i say anything about boxing? Where did i say anything about English kickboxers? You just add random stuff into an argument when someone says something you don't agree with, and that's why so many people on here think you're just a dumb and biased Romanian.

Stick to your Romanian shitboxing.

Last edited:
BTW both Bonjasky and Groenhart think Vakhitov won clearly. I haven't rewatched the fight since the event yet.

Unfortunately not. They did seem to depart on amicable terms but I have seen some videos with them meeting randomly and my feeling was that there was a sort of unease between them. So I presume that that something happened between them. This would not be a surprise, since Saki also departed somewhat disappointed from Mike`s Gym. If I remember well, he felt that Mike was not focusing on him enough and his training was led by his employees not him personally. I remember that he said " he is always busy training Badr Hari".
I could see that as Badr is probably the cash cow of the camp, it is a shame tho because I do not think Badr will get any better as he ages and there is a lot of good talent in Mike's Gym that probably could be a lot better with more attention.

This was a long time ago, when Saki quit Glory. Maybe then Mike had a lot of talented guys beside Badr but know it seems that Mike’s Gym does not produce champions anymore. Murtel went to Hippolite, Plazibat is not performing too well and Abena is not consistent. I don’ think is Mike’s fault though, the whole scene is getting thinner.

This was a long time ago, when Saki quit Glory. Maybe then Mike had a lot of talented guys beside Badr but know it seems that Mike’s Gym does not produce champions anymore. Murtel went to Hippolite, Plazibat is not performing too well and Abena is not consistent. I don’ think is Mike’s fault though, the whole scene is getting thinner.
Which are the fighters that Mike has produced from scratch?

Wasn't Mike's Gym more known to take in already top fighters instead of building them up from scratch
That's what i heard as well but I'm sure other people here are more qualified than me to make a comment.

he would be a great fit in ONE or K1 sure but at the same time either he or Petpanomrung could jump to 155 and dominate in Glory (guess Petpanomrung is the bigger one?).

it’s just a matter of offering the average dollar contract and be happy but Glory is lazy about it.
I think someone like Ferrari could be more exciting.

Everybody with a sane mind saw that Vakhitov beat Pererira IMO. Is there anybody on the forum who thinks otherwise? Just curious..

Everybody with a sane mind saw that Vakhitov beat Pererira IMO. Is there anybody on the forum who thinks otherwise? Just curious..
Vakhitov did better than Pereira overall but Pereira was stealing the rounds and many of us said a very equal, balanced round, made the difference in favor of the Brazilian.

Last edited:
I would have to rewatch it to make a call. Any video?

I thought Pereira won but i thought the judges would give it to Artem, it was close either way. It wasn't a robbery or domination for either guy like fans were saying, it was as close as can be.

To be fair, Artem was saved by the judges a few times already so his loss equalizez things a little bit. It is good for the sport since it creates hype for a second fight.

Back